PDA

View Full Version : DVD-A(udio)

nasng
03-07-2005, 08:50 AM
A (perhaps dumb) question, since the M45 upgraded Bose system supports both MP3 and DVD-A(udio), is it possible I could burn my MP3’s to a DVD (as opposed to a CD), and play them?

I am not sure if MP3’s on a DVD are supported, I would think they would, but then again???

BTW test drove the GS430 this weekend, interior is awesome, but the xtra inch of headroom in the M makes a difference…I am 6’3” and head was close to sunroof!!!!

pasgener
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
The DVD player in the M does not read MP3 or WMA CD's (only the in-dash CD player does). With 6 in-dash MP3 CD's, you can store roughly 4.2GB of MP3's (as I have done). This has another advantage: if you kids watch a DVD with the wireless headset, you can still play all the MP3 CD's you have and listen to them (you wouldn't be able to do this if you relied on MP3-DVD).

The extra headroom of the M is terrific (I too am 6' 3").

nasng
03-07-2005, 11:20 AM
pasgener

Thanks for the info., so where do you play DVD-Audio's in the CD player or the DVD player???

pasgener
03-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Where it comes in handy is when my son is watching a Sesame Street DVD in the back seat with his wireless headphones -- because then I can listen to the radio or CD's (and more importantly not listen to Sesame Street) while I drive. Very cool.

TheDon
03-18-2005, 04:49 AM
The DVD audio disc is played in the DVD player on the center console.

340HP
03-18-2005, 11:54 AM
A (perhaps dumb) question, since the M45 upgraded Bose system supports both MP3 and DVD-A(udio), is it possible I could burn my MP3’s to a DVD (as opposed to a CD), and play them?

I am not sure if MP3’s on a DVD are supported, I would think they would, but then again???

As stated, the DVD player doesn't read DVD iso, meaning, it won't read MP3's (although I bet my left nut that a replacement aftermarket unit will be able to do that).

CODYTM45
03-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Yes you use the DVD player in the Center Console and this was a little bit of a disappointment to me. My 2005 RL plays DVD-A, DTS and MP3 in all 6 slots of the in dash unit. So I'm stepping back a little with now only being able to play DVD-A and DTS from one slot. But the fact that the kids can watch or listen to something different than we are in the rest of the car is a big win to me. One other neat fact that I believe is true and my car should be in on Wednesday of next week so I'll find out then, unless one of you guys can tell me beforehand, is that according to the marketing broshure, the Centerpoint signaling which uses software to play normal CDs in Dolby 5.1 works on MP3 CDs. My RL can't do that. It only does Centerpoint with normal Audio CDs. So it seems all in all I'm picking up a few things by moving to the M45. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheDon
03-19-2005, 04:38 AM
well, it emulates 5.1 for normal CD recordings. It does a pretty good job, but of course not the real deal as our normal CD's are not recorded in discrete channels.

I'm looking forward to hearing my system when my car arrives at the end of the month.

Next thing we'll see in the car is the whole THX experience, with theater seats in the back of the car.

340HP
03-19-2005, 07:52 PM
In the premium package the seats recline! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CODYTM45
03-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Yea but you can't get the premium package with the Sport option. Not sure why, but the only thing you can add from the Premium option add on with the Sport is the MES.

340HP
03-19-2005, 11:53 PM
I was just going along with the THX theater seat comment..

I had reclining seats in my 2002 Q45 prem. A nice feature, but 99% of the time, I was in the car alone, and thus it was a "show-off" feature, rather than a practical one. Thereby, this time, M45 sport with no reclining seats is fine with me.

Also, when I had my son, my wife would play with the radio / cd controls from the back seat, which I LOATHE. It's MY car and I control everything. Thus no premium on the M45 for me. I don't want rear-seat passengers fooling around with volume and stations.

CODYTM45
03-20-2005, 12:41 AM
I agree. Just puzzled why they don't offer the option for the sport at all.