PDA

View Full Version : Lexus already offering GS for $500 off MRSP

saabfan
03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Per a post on Club Lexus, dealers are already willing to take $500 off MSRP on GSs.

Has anyone been offered $ off MSRP for an M? (Aside from loyalty discounts.)

Jason B
03-10-2005, 12:12 PM
That isn't much. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dseag2
03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
That isn't much. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It isn't much, but to hear the dealers talk on ClubLexus you'd think there were waiting lists. Any discount at all indicates that's not the case.

tod09
03-10-2005, 01:15 PM
I think a post on this site showed that Lexus gives a higher discount to their dealers than Infiniti gives to Infiniti dealers. So if a Lexus dealer pays $6000 less then MSRP and an Infiniti dealer pays $4000 less then a $500 discount isn't that big of a deal.

Tod

saabfan
03-10-2005, 01:54 PM
It isn't much, but to hear the dealers talk on ClubLexus you'd think there were waiting lists. Any discount at all indicates that's not the case.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know $500 isn't much, but for a brand new car it's pretty surprising that they're already offering $500 off with no dealing whatsoever.

Pedro45
03-10-2005, 02:33 PM
When the 2003 G35 Coupe came out, one could get wheel locks thrown in.....little more. At this point, $500 off is significant, even though markup on GS430 is $8,200 BASE!

D_Nyholm
03-10-2005, 03:26 PM
It could be a single case, correct??? WHen I got the coupe 6MT, they were impossible to get, let alone get a discount. I ended up getting $500 off MSRP when I got it. It wasn't normal, and people were still paying MSRP for months to come....

saabfan
03-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Our forum is heavily watched. On the $500 thread over on CL they are already talking about us talking about the GS discounts.

(They also have a bit of a time comprehension problem, proclaiming that "It wasn't out 10 minutes and word got out to the Nissan/M forum". Uhh... since when is 3+ hours less than 10 minutes? Maybe it's harder to tell time when there isn't a big and little hand to go by.)

All my love, ClubLexus http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif. You are a great community and a great resource.

I will refrain from flicking you the bird, however, as one of your more 'mature' members did to FreshAlloy.

For the record, I think that both the M and GS are stellar vehicles, and that it's a personal decision as to which one is more suited for a particular driver. I love Lexus and Infiniti and understand there are plusses and minuses to each brand.

dseag2
03-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Our forum is heavily watched. On the $500 thread over on CL they are already talking about us talking about the GS discounts.

(They also have a bit of a time comprehension problem, proclaiming that "It wasn't out 10 minutes and word got out to the Nissan/M forum". Uhh... since when is 3+ hours less than 10 minutes? Maybe it's harder to tell time when there isn't a big and little hand to go by.)

All my love, ClubLexus http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif. You are a great community and a great resource.

I will refrain from flicking you the bird, however, as one of your more 'mature' members did to FreshAlloy.

For the record, I think that both the M and GS are stellar vehicles, and that it's a personal decision as to which one is more suited for a particular driver. I love Lexus and Infiniti and understand there are plusses and minuses to each brand.

I totally agree with you, but I don't think there is any need to apologize. No one has said anything derogatory about the GS in this thread.

I hear disparaging remarks about the RL all the time in this forum, and I'm sure the owners over at Acurazine see them as well, but I certainly don't see anyone apologizing. I just chalk it all up to personal opinion. We're all adults here.

dwynne
03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I think a post on this site showed that Lexus gives a higher discount to their dealers than Infiniti gives to Infiniti dealers. So if a Lexus dealer pays $6000 less then MSRP and an Infiniti dealer pays $4000 less then a $500 discount isn't that big of a deal.

Tod

On a loaded GS300 it is $6,000 dealer profit if you buy at MSRP. On loaded M35 over $4,000 profit, on a loaded M45 about $4,800 profit. About $5,400 on an RL (all are loaded).

I will be a cold day in heck before I let a dealer make that much off of me on a single car sale. I love these new cars, but I am not in love with them enough to get ripped like that.

If you want to be the first in town with the new model, go for it. I will wait until the deals come before I spend my money. If they never do? I will just get something else.

Ask the RX-8 owners. Some paid over MSRP to get the first ones, a ton more paid full MSRP. Mazda has so many left over 04 8s now they are doing $4,000 in rebates - so you can get a new 04 car for $4,000 under invoice ($7,000 under MSRP). What a difference a few months makes...

Dennis

miata007
03-10-2005, 06:22 PM
There is no way the M is going to end up like the RX8. I anticipate the M will cool down eventually like the G35. It's most likely unrealistic for it to go below invoice. But I see your point regarding to "being the first in town with the new model...".

SukairainKupe
03-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh please don't even compare the mighty M45 to the RX-8! (or any Mazda for that matter) Don't get me started. $4000 below MSRP for a RX-8? Still too expensive for the package. Back east the RX-8 was offered for $3000 below MSRP only 2.5 months after the car was released.

I don't know about the actual sales number for M35/45 vs GS300/430. All I know is from my trip to local car dealerships at Tusin, California. Infiniti - not even one single M35/45 left on the lot for demo. vs Lexus - a row of 12 GS300 sitting around collecting dust on the hood. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Max Ima
03-10-2005, 10:33 PM
The M is strong. It's positioned well. The GS is another ok sedan from Lexus. They get the top of the line ok in the LS. They get near-luxury in the ES. But these guys just struggle with perfomrance luxury.

Curious2buy
03-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh please don't even compare the mighty M45 to the RX-8! (or any Mazda for that matter) Don't get me started. $4000 below MSRP for a RX-8? Still too expensive for the package. Back east the RX-8 was offered for $3000 below MSRP only 2.5 months after the car was released.

I don't know about the actual sales number for M35/45 vs GS300/430. All I know is from my trip to local car dealerships at Tusin, California. Infiniti - not even one single M35/45 left on the lot for demo. vs Lexus - a row of 12 GS300 sitting around collecting dust on the hood. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hello everyone. I actually find these kind of forums to be more helpful than dealers and places like MSN autos. I've been following these cars for sometime. I'd rather read than post, the Lexus forum has much more information, even on the Infinti M.
I am scared about re-sale, I checked out the M at 2 different dealers and they also tried to get me into a Q45 with both, 8k off list! I was shocked. The M seems to be a good car but I'll wait then be the one to buy right away and watch the car be sold 2 months later 2k less. Or maybe a nice used demo of one of the 3.
Thanks

dwynne
03-10-2005, 11:00 PM
There is no way the M is going to end up like the RX8. I anticipate the M will cool down eventually like the G35. It's most likely unrealistic for it to go below invoice. But I see your point regarding to "being the first in town with the new model...".

Cool down like the G35? They are going for $500 over invoice from Grubbs, right? If the M gets that cool it will be a whole lot cheaper than now. It is supply and demand - when they have more than they can sell then they will lower the price. I just don't think there are enough folks in the $50k sedan market for all of these to sell well - and at full price.

Dennis

dwynne
03-10-2005, 11:13 PM

It is $4000 under INVOICE (dealer cost) which is about $7000 under MSRP.

I bet if you go into the Q45 forum they have trouble with folks paying just over invoice (dealer cost) for a new Q. Ditto the G35 forum and $500 over for a new G.

Or folks that got the previous M - leftovers 05s are going for several $1000 under dealer cost now.

We will see what happens, but as I said I personally will not let a dealer make that much money off of me. If YOU want to give them that much money - go ahead! I have a nice daily driver now and I can just keep on driving it until I decide the price is right. And my daily driver is mightier than your mighty M45 too http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As to how many are on each lot, that is a joke. My Lexus dealer only has 2 new GS models on the lot and one is the demo that they will not sell. The Infiniti dealer had lots of Ms (but not sports packs). Does not mean a thing - yet.

Dennis

dwynne
03-10-2005, 11:17 PM
The M seems to be a good car but I'll wait then be the one to buy right away and watch the car be sold 2 months later 2k less.

Sounds like a plan to me http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't have to be the first on the block with the new model, but I DO have to be the one who does not overpay.

If NONE of these comes with a discount within the year I would shocked - heck all 3 might be discounted by year's end. I am willing to wait and see.

It should be obvious, but I will point it out anyway: The more of us that wait until we get a deal - the quicker they will HAVE to start dealing. I am pretty sure they will not run out of cars - they will just make more.

Dennis

psteng19
03-11-2005, 11:27 AM

It could be due to the fact that Lexus has a greater supply of GS than Infiniti does of M's.