PDA

View Full Version : 510 adjustable crossmember

Five10PacksDE
03-15-2005, 02:30 AM
I have the issue of the Dime Quarterly with the "Pentultimate crossmember", and I was curious why they only slotted the inner mount for camber. Why didn't they do it to the outter for Toe adjustment too? Anyone try this? Do the slots slip over time? Anyone got any good ideas?

fo0manchu
03-15-2005, 03:08 AM
they didn't slot the outer ones because to adjust toe, I believe they used shims instead. And any of the slots will slip over time, its a good idea once you've gotten your alignment done to your specs to tac weld the washers to the mounts.

Five10PacksDE
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
AHHHHHHHHH. I am enlightened FOOMANCHU. U know if the pivots that move have any significance? I saw datsports', and they do not have the mounts pivot. Any thoughts on that? Pivot or no pivot. I can make them not pivot and do something similar to the datsport one, so the adjustment doesn't slide over time.

fo0manchu
03-16-2005, 01:27 AM
they pivot so the crossmember wont bind when you adjust for camber. if your not going lower your car a lot then the non-pivot mounts will do, but if you lower your car a lot then the pivoting ones will work better. Before you fabricate everything up, make sure you measure and mock everything up so you know how much camber you can adjust it for. My crossmember has the inner mounts above stock location and the outer ones below stock so I can adjust for more camber. Also, if your using 280zx arms, make sure you have now clearance problems with the chassis of the car when your suspension is fully compressed.

Five10PacksDE
03-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Have you seen the spec on teh one off the Dimequarterly? I was thinking about going off that, but the 280zx trailing arms are slightly different.