PDA

View Full Version : Tein Recall in Japan?

KAkiller
03-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Anyway know if the recall going on Tein aluminum suspension in Japan applies to the US? There is something on their Japan website, but nothing on their US one.

S14_James
03-18-2005, 08:46 PM
No one here have a clue. What is teh recall in Japan about?
-James

WideS14
03-19-2005, 01:56 AM
Why would one buy Tein in the first place when there are much better options out there for a reasoable price?

Kim_Jong_Il
03-19-2005, 05:33 AM
Why would one buy Tein in the first place when there are much better options out there for a reasoable price?

Are you the Riddler now?

Vapor
03-19-2005, 09:27 AM
No he's still henry the hater. Reach for the sky, honkey!

infamous240
03-19-2005, 01:08 PM

What a stupid comment.

JimStinksAtDorifto
03-19-2005, 03:02 PM
What a stupid comment.

consider the source. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MATT_BACK_VASS
03-19-2005, 10:26 PM
hahahhahhahahha

hahahhahahhahahhahhaahaha

john youre my hero

arcadiabc
03-20-2005, 08:32 PM

So you like to speak/write before thinking hummm....

arg23
03-21-2005, 12:23 AM
I know the big problem many of my friends had with the early HE's on their subarus was the CAST aluminum adjustable perches COMPLETELY disintegrated after one winter in SLC. You could literally grab the perches with your fingers and break them into peices, amazingly there was NEVER any catastrophic failure due to this. And they only seemed to break if you touched them, but if you left them alone they were corroded in place so the spring still remained seated. Tein simply sent them all new CAST perches that they promised were fixed, they held up a little better but still corroded and became brittle. I think the big problem was that they were using cheap cast aluminum perches on a steel body, differing metal materials apparently attracts more corrosion than similar materials. The irony of it was we watched a promo video on tein suspension on some Options video where they showed them doing extensive "environment testing" basically spraying coilover systems in varying tempetures with salt water while compressing/uncompressing them over a long period of time. it looked really cool. I think they have pretty much solved that problem a long time ago.

SRFiveTen
03-21-2005, 12:55 AM
for s-chassis, fronts are not affected, *some* of their type RE rear shocks require "lower brackets" to be replaced; *some* of their type RA and RS rear shocks are affected with the recall.
any tein struts or shocks without their decal, but with lot # and model # stamped on the shell are all affected.

for further information, you all should bombard u.s. tein with some e-mails and phone calls.

seems like its a serious problem where the eye-ring (lower shock mounting hole) can crack and at worst, funk up your ride.

grimdrifter
03-21-2005, 07:53 AM
my tein ha's collars would desintigrate very easily. it happened to me enough times to the point where i would not buy one of their products again. it is very hard to get those replaced. they usually sent me the wrong ones on top of that. and those collars can seize up from regular road dirt/dust etc. maybe thats typical of many brands? either way im going for something else this time around, jmo

_omg
03-21-2005, 09:06 AM
We've had a couple of cases with the Flex where the lower spring seat has ripped itself to bits and the entire body of the shock has a ~15 degree bend in it. These were on cars running brembos with slicks on the circuit but still we weren't impressed. They're currently with the local distributor here who is meant to be chasing it up with tein, very interesting that it's not an uncommon problem (the seats anyway)