PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Oils

grandpamike
03-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I am currently driving a Audi A6 2.7T and have been using Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil <0-40> since my first oil change. Now since I am getting a M35X, I was wondering if it would be better to change to synthetic after my first oil change as well ? The Audi has a turbo engine, and would it matter since the M35X has a normally aspirated one, to change and use synthetic ?

340HP
03-20-2005, 01:24 PM
This topic has been beat to death on all forums.

Without going into a soliloquy on the pros and cons of each, the bottom line is that synthetic is superior. My first oil change will include Mobil 1.

grandpamike
03-20-2005, 06:46 PM
This topic has been beat to death on all forums.

Without going into a soliloquy on the pros and cons of each, the bottom line is that synthetic is superior. My first oil change will include Mobil 1.

Sorry, I usually do a search first, but not this time. I probby will go with synth after first oil change.

1995Q45
03-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Only thing I would add is do the first oil change early since most wear occurs in the first 500 miles.

TheDon
03-23-2005, 08:30 AM
if you do go to synthetic, it is a strong recommendation that you keep using it. Never use synthetic and then go back to crude.

Also, IMO, never get your oil changed at a quicklube joint. Stick with factory filters, factory compression specs, high-grade oils/syntetics, etc.

I always do this, especially when a quickie joint stripped the drain plug on my sister's car.

grandpamike
03-23-2005, 12:24 PM
if you do go to synthetic, it is a strong recommendation that you keep using it. Never use synthetic and then go back to crude.

Also, IMO, never get your oil changed at a quicklube joint. Stick with factory filters, factory compression specs, high-grade oils/syntetics, etc.

I always do this, especially when a quickie joint stripped the drain plug on my sister's car.

Once I changed to Syn oil in my Audi, never used reg again. Also, as far as Jiffy or one of the quick change oil joints NEVER......always had dealer change oil, with me supplying the Mobil 1.