PDA

View Full Version : I Know That We've Beat Up The Bluetooth Topic

TheDon
03-20-2005, 07:42 PM
but I'm a little flustered and pretty cornfuzed as to what do with my phone. I currently have a Samsung Phone/Palm combo unit through Sprint, not Bluetooth mind you. Should I bag my current phone, get a new phone and a separate PDA, or just wait it out for a bit until new stuff hits the market. Bluetooth has been around for years, but is just starting to get some much needed steam in the marketplace. Infiniti lists one LG phone, whch Sprint supports, as compatible, and the Treo unit is kind of odd when using it as a phone, and very expensive since I have 10 months left on my contract. I keep hearing from Sprint that new stuff is coming. Should I wait on the new stuff and the new Bluetooth version update, or should I bag it and get the LG?

Also, is there a listing of phones compatible since the one Infinit made in January? I think it had 22 approved phones.

CHANCEFX45
03-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Get a new phone, Bluetooth rules! It is so nice to forget the phone when you are on a long hall.

Q2M_from_LS430
03-21-2005, 12:02 AM
I personally recommend the Treo 650. I think its an incredibly good device. However, samsung will soon be coming out with the i730 which supports ev-do(300-500kbps) as well as wi-fi and bluetooth. That may be worth waiting for, since verizon is rapidly expanding their ev-do network, and sprint will coming out with ev-do sometime this year.

Note that there have also been some hints from palmOne about an ev-do treo coming soon.

Pete

GeneArch
03-21-2005, 12:36 AM
I personally recommend the Treo 650. I think its an incredibly good device. However, samsung will soon be coming out with the i730 which supports ev-do(300-500kbps) as well as wi-fi and bluetooth. That may be worth waiting for, since verizon is rapidly expanding their ev-do network, and sprint will coming out with ev-do sometime this year.

Note that there have also been some hints from palmOne about an ev-do treo coming soon.

Pete

I have the same dilemma.. the issue is that Verizon is my carrier and they severely crippled their only other bluetooth phone..

TheDon
03-21-2005, 04:36 AM
this one just hit the Sprint stores, but I don't know too much about it. Verizon has it out as well.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=570

TheDon
03-21-2005, 05:00 AM
here is the quick skinny from egadget on the Samsung i730.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000940024736/

I think I might wait it out a bit, as the i730 is slated for March-April shipments

340HP
03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
The thing about all these phones, is that they're not VGA. They're all QVGA. Which, isn't that easy on the eyes. I got myself a V3 Razr (BT included) and a Dell X50v (VGA) which has an AMAZING screen. It also has wifi and BT. Yes - it's 2 devices. But I used to have the first PDA / phone on the market (T-mobile) and it was just too bulky to use as a phone. I don't use the PDA as much as I do the phone, so I opted for 2 devices. And it's working out quite well. In the meantime, I have an amazing display on my PDA. 640x480. Or 480x640 if you may. Works both ways BTW, you can twist it and tell Windows to display it the way you want it.

The X50v also has 2 expansion slots. So I put in the 5 gig seagate HD (CF2) and 1 gig Sandisk (SD) making over 6 gigs of storage (with the local storage).

Love it.