PDA

View Full Version : Leasing The New M35 Sport and MES question

Kiska927
03-23-2005, 03:21 PM
I am currently an owner of a 2004 Infiniti M45. I love the car, and my lease is up, thankfully in time to get the new M. I want to keep my price around the same, so I'm forced to go to the M35. I'm leaning towards the sport, because of the wheels and alluminum interior mostly, even though since I live in Jersey I originally was going to opt for the AWD. Any objections to this for any reasons? Also the deal I'm looking at is and M35 Sport with every option, tech, journey, rear entertainment, 12k miles/year, 24 month lease, $4000 out of pocket, for $539/month. I think I negotiated a great deal, is there any reason that I shouldn't go through with it? Its the same exact deal I had on my current M, except I am currently payin $509/month. Just wondering if I did as good as it sounds to me? Any insight on anything I've talked about would be great. Also, I love the technology in the car, I'm a junkie for all the technological stuff in cars. I like how you can watch a DVD on the front screen while the car is in park. I just wanna know if there is a known way, or if there is something at all that can be done, to trick the car into letting you watch DVDs, and use all of the options that are only available when stopped for that matter, while the car is in drive. If this is possible, than everything I could possibly hope for in this car would be there. Thanks in advance for all comments, suggestions, and responses.
John

JIMMY_M35
03-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I have the M35 Sport and love it. In order to watch a DVD on the front screen, you will the DVD in the center compartment (not were the CD player is, its were your right elbow rest when you are driving.) In the center consel is an independent DVD player. unfortunetly you will we have to be in park to watch the moview unless you have the rear monitor.

340HP
03-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I am currently an owner of a 2004 Infiniti M45. I love the car, and my lease is up, thankfully in time to get the new M. I want to keep my price around the same, so I'm forced to go to the M35. I'm leaning towards the sport, because of the wheels and alluminum interior mostly, even though since I live in Jersey I originally was going to opt for the AWD. Any objections to this for any reasons? Also the deal I'm looking at is and M35 Sport with every option, tech, journey, rear entertainment, 12k miles/year, 24 month lease, $4000 out of pocket, for $539/month. I think I negotiated a great deal, is there any reason that I shouldn't go through with it? Its the same exact deal I had on my current M, except I am currently payin $509/month. Just wondering if I did as good as it sounds to me? Any insight on anything I've talked about would be great. Also, I love the technology in the car, I'm a junkie for all the technological stuff in cars. I like how you can watch a DVD on the front screen while the car is in park. I just wanna know if there is a known way, or if there is something at all that can be done, to trick the car into letting you watch DVDs, and use all of the options that are only available when stopped for that matter, while the car is in drive. If this is possible, than everything I could possibly hope for in this car would be there. Thanks in advance for all comments, suggestions, and responses.
John

Go for the sport, if you're a sporty guy. Go for the x if you need it in snow.

Without the overhead DVD (which blocks rear view anyway) you could add two 7 or 8" TFT monitors in each headrest - at a cost lower than the pull-down factory monitor. Which, is what I'm doing. The DVD player will come with the Tech package anyway. You just need screens.

Kiska927
03-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks for that info. Any comments on the price, if its a good deal or not? Not a bad idea about the hear rests, however I'd like to keep the car the same way I receive it, and not do any aftermarket work on it, except if there is a way to enable the functions only available in park while driving. Theres gotta be some way to bypass this, by installing something that tricks the car into thinking its in park, or doing something else.

340HP
03-24-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm sure there will be a hack soon.

As for the after-market bit, you think they won't take the car back because it now has 3 DVD screens instead of 1? You can always purchase head rests for 50 bux a pop at the end of the lease, if they give you a hard time about it.

As for the price.. Calculate it yourself. There is a thread on pricing and residuals. The $4000 out of pocket sounds way steep. I paid my taxes up front and first month's rate, which came out to under $2500. But $4000? That's like money in their pocket. Try with as close to $0 down as possible.

2001_S15
03-24-2005, 03:18 AM
$50 for an active headrest? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

340HP
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
It's push-pull, not powered. I can't see it costing much more.

Kiska927
03-24-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm sure there will be a hack soon.

As for the after-market bit, you think they won't take the car back because it now has 3 DVD screens instead of 1? You can always purchase head rests for 50 bux a pop at the end of the lease, if they give you a hard time about it.

As for the price.. Calculate it yourself. There is a thread on pricing and residuals. The $4000 out of pocket sounds way steep. I paid my taxes up front and first month's rate, which came out to under $2500. But $4000? That's like money in their pocket. Try with as close to $0 down as possible.

Thanks again, glad I found a forum specific for Infiniti with so many knowledgable people on it that are happy to share their opinions and help out when they can.

Its not about the dealer taking the car back, or getting new headrests. I currently have 4 tv's other than the nav screen in my current M. 1 in each headrest, and each sun visor. I would just prefer not to alter the car this time around, being that the front screen and flip down would be sufficient for me. Also, the quality I'm sure is much better since its made by infiniti for the speicific type of car. Even if I did go with the headrest sets again, I still wouldn't be able to view the dvd on the NAV screen while driving, which is the problem. I've seen some posts saying that it is possible and it is easy, but no actual info on how to do it.

Also, I know $4000 seems like quite a bit out of pocket, but thats total cost including taxes and everything else, and with that comes the $539/mo. that seems like a much better monthly payment than what anyone else has gotten to my knowledge. If I'm wrong I'd love to hear some of the deals that others have gotten. Espeically for a 24 month lease, which suits me well cause I always want the best of what is out, and 2 years is sufficient to stay happy with my car, knowing I'm gonna have another new one in two years. However, if a 36 month lease would be a much better deal I'm not completely against it. I gotta make a decision by saturday and get this car ordered already. I can't wait any longer, and already am gonna have to extend my lease til it comes in.

Lastly, since I am driving in the snow a few times per year, and hate that about the RWD I currently own. Is the AWD really the way to go, I don't know what it is, but I'm just all for the sport again with the RWD, and sacrificing those few snow days out of the year, for the look and the handling. And for anyone that has driven the car, am I really gonna miss the 340hp that much, or is the M35 powerful enough to not really care since I'm not racing anywhere? Either way, think I'm pretty set on Diamond Graphite, with Stone Leather, and Alluminum trim. Haven't seen it, but I think its gonna look pretty damn good, agreed? thanks again.

CODYTM45
03-24-2005, 09:15 PM
340HP, with the twin screen approach, how do you deal with getting headphones for the kids so they can watch the DVD while I listen to my MP3s with centerpoint surround? Are teh inputs there to be able to do that without the MES? My kids are always watching something while I'm listening to something else. They've done that in the MDX all the time, that is the one reason why I decided to get the MES over doing something with built in screens.

CODYTM45
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Kiska, I had a 2005 RL With AWD and it was awesome for the 3 times I got to drive it in the snow this year. I drove both the M35x and the M45 sport. I decided on the sport. The M35x has plenty of power and they both jump off the line initially almost the same, but the 45s power just keeps coming where the 35s power dies off a little after 45 MPH. I went back and forth and then I said to myself, I want the power, I want the 19" wheels and for me I wanted teh Aluminum Interior and it's stupid to give all that up for 3 snow days a year. Even if we have 5 next year, I'll work from home those days or take the MDX if the wife doesn't have to go out.

GET THE M45 SPORT, you won't be dissapointed. Get the M35x and you'll be wondering what the M45 Sport would have been like 360 days a year. Those other five you'll probably be driving as little as you can anyway since the snow will be all over the place.

Granted I'm thinking of snow 5 days a year since I'm from PA and that is what we saw this year. If you are from Maine or Northern NY, the decision may be slightly more difficult. But to me the answer would be the same.

340HP
03-24-2005, 11:38 PM
340HP, with the twin screen approach, how do you deal with getting headphones for the kids so they can watch the DVD while I listen to my MP3s with centerpoint surround? Are teh inputs there to be able to do that without the MES? My kids are always watching something while I'm listening to something else. They've done that in the MDX all the time, that is the one reason why I decided to get the MES over doing something with built in screens.

While installing the TFT monitors, you can add wired headphoens. Never have to change the batteries, and you can choose from hundreds of headsets, not only the ones that Infiniti provides, which, to me, are inferior.

CODYTM45
03-25-2005, 04:35 AM
But does that give you the ability to use both systems at the same time? To have them watch the DVD while I listen to a CD on the main unit? I'm guessing by you answer it does, but does it still work the same as if the MES was in the car?

340HP
03-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Someone will have to do it (me?) to make sure that's the way it works. I can't see why would you add headphones and not be able to listen to your own music while the kids are watching a dvd.

dfw_danny
03-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Someone will have to do it (me?) to make sure that's the way it works. I can't see why would you add headphones and not be able to listen to your own music while the kids are watching a dvd.

Adding an aftermarket system that uses headphone headphones and plays either independly or throught the car's audio system is nothing special. Any good audio shop can do it without a problem.