PDA

View Full Version : Verizon V710 and Infiniti

grandpamike
03-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Has anyone paired a V710 with their new Infiniti yet ? Thinking about that or a RAZR for my new one.

CSUSM1856
03-26-2005, 03:52 AM
i work for verizon wireless. the 710 should work with the bluetooth connection in the M. the original batches of 710s had problems interfacing with the bluetooth in some cars, but a new software version has been released which should resolve these issues (all phones that i have seen with the new software work fine). if you have a phone with the old software, you can have the new software downloaded to your phone at any verizon wireless retail store. i hope this helps.

grandpamike
03-26-2005, 11:04 AM
i work for verizon wireless. the 710 should work with the bluetooth connection in the M. the original batches of 710s had problems interfacing with the bluetooth in some cars, but a new software version has been released which should resolve these issues (all phones that i have seen with the new software work fine). if you have a phone with the old software, you can have the new software downloaded to your phone at any verizon wireless retail store. i hope this helps.

Actually, I have not yet purchased the phone, just wanted to make sure it would work. I am contemplating the V710 or RAZR.
I am now hooked up with Cingular, but am willing to switch to Verizon, as my daughter has Verizon, and I like the idea of using my phone more than my land line to talk to her. A question, why is it so much cheaper to buy phone/service from say Amazon than it is at the Verizon stores ? The difference is major, and also, would there be any problem switching carriers over Amazon than using in store people ? Thanks..

CSUSM1856
03-26-2005, 01:07 PM
wow, i never heard of amazon offering service before. their deals on phones are crazy! you would definitely get a better price on the phone through Amazon. as for why they get those types of prices, i would have to guess they have some kind of volume deal with Verizon or Motorola which gets them phones real cheap. monthly service prices should be identical between amazon and stores though. and for your question about porting your number from Cingular to Verizon, i dont know what kind of system Amazon has set up but usually it is a very easy process. the only advatage you have do doing this transaction instore is that you would have a real person there to help you with the process and to make sure everything goes smoothly.

grandpamike
03-26-2005, 06:44 PM
wow, i never heard of amazon offering service before. their deals on phones are crazy! you would definitely get a better price on the phone through Amazon. as for why they get those types of prices, i would have to guess they have some kind of volume deal with Verizon or Motorola which gets them phones real cheap. monthly service prices should be identical between amazon and stores though. and for your question about porting your number from Cingular to Verizon, i dont know what kind of system Amazon has set up but usually it is a very easy process. the only advatage you have do doing this transaction instore is that you would have a real person there to help you with the process and to make sure everything goes smoothly.

I believe that you purchase a phone with contingent service from a provider. Instructions are , when you get your phone, call the provider and give them some sort of number from the phone and they will start whatever service plan you choose

CODYTM45
03-26-2005, 09:19 PM
I think I mentioned this previously, if not in this thread then in the other Bluetooth one. I have the Razr and it is a Cingular phone and it works flawlessly with the M.