PDA

View Full Version : Timing chain

S13240SX
03-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey guys. I was just looking at the timing chain today on my S13 Redtop SR20. I need to remove it because I'm pulling the head off so I can disassemble the block. Anyways, I need some info on the timing chain. First, I need to know where the other timing marks are. I know where the ones on the cam gears are but where do they line up? I looked on the block and other places but couldn't see it, so where the hell are they?! For 2, how should I go about marking the position of the cam gears the way they are right now? I was going to use a marker or something but the block needs to be cleaned so it will just come off. I'm having the block acid dipped, the whole works for cleaning. Finally for 3, is this S13 Redtop SR20 an interference engine? I just want to know so when everything goes back together I can't be even half a tooth off then I line the cam gears and [censored] back up. Thanks! And I must say, this is a great site, very informative answers! Keep up the good work!

aaron240
03-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Yes, it is an interferance engine.

S13240SX
03-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Ok. No room for mistakes then, lol. But do you know about the timing marks or anything?