PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on porting the T25

DTSS
04-06-2005, 04:47 PM
So i have my turbo out because im installing a turbo manifold and having the small t25 there its just begging me to upgrade, however cash is tight atm and i was reading about porting of the stock t25. Aparently alot of DSM guys do it even thought there running a different make t25 its all the same basic prinipal. I know porting of the t25 isnt going to be so much of a power incrase, but ive read it holds higher in the top end, spools quicker, and decreases boost creap with a proper porting. Does anyone have any opinions or expereiance with this?

DTSS
04-06-2005, 06:07 PM
i found this link which refers to 20G turbos which is basically a similar t25 with a different compressor and exhaust housing i belive?

however some of the ideas might cross over

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/porting-turbo.html

Nikeboy355
04-06-2005, 06:22 PM
don't even waste your time... there is more potential for you to damage your turbo and/or motor than there is potential to make more power... And even if you did a perfect job and spent an entire weekend doing it, you won't end up with more than 1 or 2 HP...

Big_Bronze_Rim
04-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Like 2 years ago when I got my BigT28 from Forced Performance, I inquired about having the turbine housing ported as they charge an additional fee for it. They told me not to bother and this was primarily for the DSM turbos which have a much more restrictive turbine housing than the Nissan T25 and didnt need it. I did clean upand mildly port my stock ex. manifold though with some grinding bits, although I have no real way to quantify any gains from just the porting.