PDA

View Full Version : Wheel adapters

ballinnmiami240sx
04-09-2005, 06:47 AM
Does anyone have the specs or how to on making your own wheel adapters? I just found out that our machine shop has all the materials and machinery to make them. I'm not trying to make this and sell them on a mass production. I just want to see if I can make a pair for my self.

THe only specs I have right now:

25mm thick......

insndrvr
04-09-2005, 02:31 PM
You also should know the bolt pattern either 4 or 5 lug, and the bolt pattern diameter 4.5" (114.3mm). If you are making a 5 lug bolt on spacer, you will have 10 holes equally spaced around the circle. 5 will be drilled 12.5mm for the studs to press in (at least on S13 and S14 fronts) and the other 5 will be clearance size for M12 bolts with a tapered seat.

If you are making 4 lug to 5 lug adapters, you will have 8 or 9 holes. 8 holes if you replace one lug with a long lug and reuse that spot, 9 holes if you use the stock 4 lug to bolt the spacer on and the new 5 lugs to bolt the wheels on. Search, I can't recall the center bore right now, I think it's 62 or 68mm, you should be able to search and find that.

ICESoft
04-09-2005, 03:40 PM
I've got most of a cad drawing put together for a set I was going to make, 25mm thick, the only thing that's not on it is the tapered seat for the lugnuts. This is for 5-lug to 5-lug. We stopped when we found out how expensive it was going to be to buy the 6061 aluminum blanks to cut them out of. After looking at the material properties, 7075-T6 looked to be a better material, and you can find stuff like that on ebay, also look for 'Fortal' stock. Again after seeing the price of materials and needing them faster than I can get them made in our shop, I went ahead and ordered a set of H&R spacers.

ballinnmiami240sx
04-09-2005, 03:53 PM
The adapter is going on my s14 5 lug to 5 lug. I really would like to get my hands on a cad drawing and try to make them. I already have the raw material.

25mm thick
bore?
width of adapter?
holes for lug nut? width
mounting holes for the adapter? depth and width

these are some of the sizes I need.