PDA

View Full Version : LSD side shaft



gforce240sx
01-08-2002, 09:21 AM
Did anyone recently try ordering the right side-side shaft for a LSD to do a 300zx LSD conversion? I try ordering it through the local Nissan dealer and they told me it's a discontinue item and is no longer avaliable. This is through 2 different dealers already (from different states). The part # I'm trying to order is 38220-92L00. It should be for a 95+ 240sx with LSD right? That's all I need to complete my 3Z LSD swap. I have all the other parts sitting here already.

Danny.

duncan351
01-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Danny,

Do you already have the LSD drive shaft? If I were you I would sell the 300Zx diff and just by a 95 Infiniti J30 LSD. Direct bolton. I just bought one and installed it two weeks ago. Absolutly no problems. The exact same as the 240 LSD. I help my buddy install his 240SX LSD 4 months ago. So I've seen both. There is no difference.


Much easier.

gforce240sx
01-08-2002, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duncan351:
Danny,

Do you already have the LSD drive shaft? If I were you I would sell the 300Zx diff and just by a 95 Infiniti J30 LSD. Direct bolton. I just bought one and installed it two weeks ago. Absolutly no problems. The exact same as the 240 LSD. I help my buddy install his 240SX LSD 4 months ago. So I've seen both. There is no difference.


Much easier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The drive shaft? No.. I have a 91 240. Not a 95+. From my understanding, I don't need a drive shaft, just replace the side shafts. I already have the left side. Just need the right side.

Danny.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 11:52 AM
That part has been superceded:
38220-92L00 (superceded by 38220-52F00) - passenger side FLANGE ASSY (6 bolt shaft)

-Royce

duncan351
01-08-2002, 01:18 PM
It was an absolute direct bolt-on for my car. Its the exact same diff. Just different car. Now I have hear that there are different year J30 diffs that won't work. They have different output flanges. I can verify that the 95's do. That's exactly what I have.

gforce240sx
01-08-2002, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roycenagger:
That part has been superceded:
38220-92L00 (superceded by 38220-52F00) - passenger side FLANGE ASSY (6 bolt shaft)

-Royce<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm.. I order that part number (38220-52F00) before too and was told it's discontinue also.

Danny.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 01:53 PM
Call South London Infinity/Nissan in London, Ontario and ask for Bill Francis in the parts dept. (800)696-1666
This is where mine came from and it was only 2 months ago. (38220-52F00)

-Royce

SykikCHIMP
01-09-2002, 12:32 AM
Will a 95 Infiniti J30 Diff work in a 92 240? direct bolton?

s13SRmadness
01-09-2002, 08:02 AM
i don't know where but my friend ordered these online for us. look around- it was way cheaper too. i'll ask him what site it was.

90sr20det
01-09-2002, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sykikchimp:
...direct bolton?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For an S13, you still need to swap differential covers. The J30 LSD cover has two bolts while the s13 open diff cover has four. And don't forget to get a shorter(1" shorter?) driveshaft.

Ken

gforce240sx
01-11-2002, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roycenagger:
Call South London Infinity/Nissan in London, Ontario and ask for Bill Francis in the parts dept. (800)696-1666
This is where mine came from and it was only 2 months ago. (38220-52F00)

-Royce<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to let everyone know, I just call up Canada and they said for the RIGHT SIDE side shaft, it has to be "special order" from Japan. The part is not avaliable from the US anymore. Takes about 2-3 months to get. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Danny.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2002, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Takes about 2-3 months to get <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, it took 3 month exactly for mine to arrive, however, Bill @ South London told me when placing orders from Japan, it may take a week or 4 months. It always varies.

-Royce

s14drifter
11-28-2002, 08:48 PM
Is there any other place we can order the side shafts from?

garak
11-28-2002, 10:35 PM
if the half shafts are 5 bolt you can use J30 axels, which can be found cheap at junkyards.