PDA

View Full Version : Using oem s15 fenders

ByronLoomis
04-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Is was wondering if anyone on the forum has done the s15 conversion on there 240sx by blending the oem s15 and oem s14 fenders together? I think this is the way i want to do it but i cant find to much info on if like labor and cost? any bit of help would be great!

s13SRmadness
04-27-2005, 10:07 AM
its been done.
costs are: oem s15 fenders+labor.
im sure you can guess at this.
unless you NEED metal then its kinda cost prohibitive.

Mav1178
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Is was wondering if anyone on the forum has done the s15 conversion on there 240sx by blending the oem s15 and oem s14 fenders together? I think this is the way i want to do it but i cant find to much info on if like labor and cost? any bit of help would be great!

Go to a local bodyshop, ask how much to custom weld two metal fenders that are completely different together.

And that will be how much it will cost.

-alex

beetlejuice
04-27-2005, 01:46 PM
There is no set rate for the labor you are asking about. If a guy in Florida (for example) had this done for X amount of money, and you live in another part of the US, the rate will not be the same. From what I gather, there is a substantial amount of work involved.

BrianS
04-27-2005, 02:23 PM
my instinct tells me that if you need to ask how much it will cost

you will be very displeased with the anwser

don't companies make ready-to-almost-fits kinda fenders for that stuff?

aaron240
04-27-2005, 06:26 PM
my instinct tells me that if you need to ask how much it will cost

you will be very displeased with the anwser

don't companies make ready-to-almost-fits kinda fenders for that stuff?

Yes but they are sh!tty fiberglass, and you cant install the inner plastic fender piece.

knate
04-27-2005, 08:40 PM
If this is the worst thing about the fiberglass fenders, I'm sure you can figure out how to attach a piece of plastic in there.. Now, I haven't done it, but it seems much more feasible than trying to weld two fenders together and getting everything to come out right.

Kookz
04-28-2005, 01:27 AM
Haha, poor guy. First thread, everyone tells him to weld the fenders together. Next thread, everyone tells him that he should get fiberglass.

RDM_II
04-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Welding the fenders is not hard. A local guy who's on here (but remains quiet for some reason) bought a welder and literally learned how to weld by playing around under his hood sealing up holes. Two months later he did his fenders and they not only turned out incredible but the seam from the back isn't even noticeable unless you run your hand across it. The only hard part is knowing where to cut to be able to mount them to all the OE holes but once you have both and get a look at them you'll figure it out easily. The cut needs to made at an angle to keep the top corner of the S14 fender to line up with the Apillar, you then make a semi circle just past the wheel opening.