PDA

View Full Version : nismo lsd ??

joemumz
04-27-2005, 04:35 PM
hi i just got my nismo lsd i ordered for my 95 240 without factory lsd. I thought the output shafts were included with the kit but they were not. Am i able to reuse the old shafts with the new unit, I checked the part# on the website its correct and does not list the output shafts does anyone know if i reuse the old ones from the open diff thanks- Joe

aukalok
04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
yes you can since you ordered the one for the non-lsd version. you might also want to change the seals for the input flanges also.

LSB_11
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
and tell us how it feels, ease of instalation if your doing it, and your overall opinion. i was thinking of picking one up in a month or so.

joemumz
04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
cool thanks, ill let you know how it goes im probally going to do it afterwork tomorrow. i will be doing it myself ill take pics if you like and document it. I have a friend at work thats into doing how to's let me know if you guys are intrested

joemumz
04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
it came with seals, bearings and fluid

aukalok
04-27-2005, 06:04 PM
make sure you have a big vise so you can hold the lsd in it when you bolt the ring gear on. also use lock tight on those bolts.

joemumz
04-28-2005, 05:02 PM
have you done the install of this lsd with a s14??
i have a 95 s14 and called nismo today to make sure i can reuse my old output flanges and the rep told me that he had someone with a problem but only on the s14. he said for some reason nismo thought the output shafts on the us s14's were the same as the japenese and they were not. i had to order new flanges thing is theyre on national backorder not one in the country have to wait for them to send them from japan. i wanted to know if anyone first hand has installed the nismo lsd without using new output shafts the car is a 95 with a production date of 4/94 thanks for any info

joemumz
04-28-2005, 09:11 PM
also does anyone know if the nismo lsd is a 1.5 or 2 way lsd?? i have the one with the last #'s 661 thanks again

aukalok
04-29-2005, 06:51 AM
Well that sucks. I installed my Kaaz 2-way, which needed two left input flanges from a s14 vlsd.

I called Kaaz, and asked if I could use inputs from a j30 vlsd, and he game me the measurements, and they were the same.

Do you know what the difference is on the input flanges? I know they are exspensive. If you could return it, I would get a Kaaz since they make one specifically for the non-vlsd diffs. My friend is running one, and was a direct install.

good luck

Transit_Society
10-31-2005, 04:24 PM
Nismo diff is 1.5 IIRC.

Any reviews on this LSD? Newer only. Im curious as to how people like these and how well they work for street/track use.

Sideview_S13
11-02-2005, 12:01 AM
mine came 2-way with replacement bearings, oil seals, and a good bottle to break-in the LSD with

Transit_Society
11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
mine came 2-way with replacement bearings, oil seals, and a good bottle to break-in the LSD with

how recently did you buy yours? is it the latest one?

SilverArrow27
11-04-2005, 12:10 AM
I had the latest one in my s13 coupe that I sold to my brother. Been trying to convince him to trade me the nismo unit for my vlsd. The nismo I bought was a 2 way as well. I liked it a lot except when turning...it jerks the h3ll out of the car when turning and clunks a lot.

95KATurbo
11-10-2005, 01:25 PM
My roommate has a Tomie 2-way and it clunked a lot. He changed the fluid in it and it ended up fixing a lot of the noise...it apparently didn't have enough fluid in it to begin with (he had just bought the car at the time).

I am also interested in hearing a write up on the 2-way Nismo. I was planning on getting one just because of the price difference and I know it has to be good since it is pretty much a factory part. I may be mistaken but I believe R33 GTRs came with Nismo 2-way clutch type diffs in them stock, so I imagine they can't ride too terribly bad. I could be wrong though.

Stephen

Transit_Society
11-10-2005, 03:33 PM
the newest Nismo LSD is supposed to be more streetable and less aggressive as the previous model, we should be doing an install and review write up within the next month or so.

Sideview_S13
11-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I have the Nismo SSS 2-way. This is supposed to be more streetable then the current GT-Pro. The GT-Pro allows you to adjust break-away torque along with having larger clutch plates, which in turn would make it harsher. To the extent of a Tomei Trax-Advanced or Cusco. Mine is quite nice for street, personally I want something harsher. Remember that on drives 30mins or longer the LSD will be noticeably louder due to the thickness in fluid decreasing due to heat (which isn't at bad thing IMO).