PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure SR

RedDragon
05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Ok heres the deal, Just finnishing up swap and notice its running a bit rich. Oil smeels slighty of fuel (I might be a bit parnoid on that), it was bogging but it was because of a boost leak that is fixed now. Doesn't rev as fast as the ka did in neutral(never had a turbo car before, don't know if thats normal). I installed a fuel pressure gauge and the readins are 50 psi with vacum line disconected (should be 43.4psi) and 45 psi with it conected (should be 36 psi) all at idle. Stock turbo, greddy downpipe, greddy FMIC, walbro fuel pump, gutted cat and stock cat back exhaust for now.
Checked the injectors, no leaking.

Vapor
05-06-2005, 08:31 PM
its the walbro causing the higher fp, and it's pretty much normal. So long as it rises with boost, you're fine

RedDragon
05-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok thanks.
I took it out today for the first test drive and it is extreamly slow. did a 2nd gear pull and it wa slower than my friends honda odessey. Boost gauge read 7psi and i could hear the turbo spool. Felt slow but consistently slow throughout the whole powerband. I have searched for a while and am at a loss for what is wrong. I am going to check it again for boost leaks. this was at wot so the o2 sensor doesn't come into play, planning on switching in a new cts. Any help woulld be appreciated.

ItzGenX
05-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Ignition timing is not correct. Does it build boost on a simple rev? If so, it is ignition timing. Put a timing light up to the crank pulley with the engine on and rev the motor via throttle pulley and watch where the timing goes.

RedDragon
05-08-2005, 10:00 AM
YA it builds boost with rev, I thought that was strange. I installed the cas myself as per Heavy Throtles instructions, so im having a hrad time figuring out how its off, but Im pretty sure your right. Im going to check the timing right now.

Dave562
05-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Before you get too far into ignition timing and pulling your hair out, are you still running the stock exhaust? If so, that's your problem right there. I still had the stock exhaust on my car after I did my swap. I was really disappointed and worried that I wasted my money because the car was slower than it was when the KA was in it. Then I slapped on a nice and fat 3 inch cat back and it ran like it was meant to.

RedDragon
05-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Might be, but it ran like this when it was dumping right out of the greddy downpipe.

Dave562
05-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Might be, but it ran like this when it was dumping right out of the greddy downpipe.

Alright, it's obviously not your exhaust.

RedDragon
05-09-2005, 11:17 PM
ya timing was off 15 degrees it was right at TDC. I guesse when i stabed the cas i didn't bolt it down right away and it shifted. Anyways thanks for the help, its really fast!

Mike