PDA

View Full Version : Turbo outlet

Proimport
05-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Just wanted to get an opinion. I am replacing the turbo outlet on my T25 and i have access to both styles (the one large outlet or the seperate chamber one that splits the wastegate gasses from the turbo. The single has a much larger diameter that the split one. I thought that on the outlet bigger was better but i see that HKS thought enough of the split design to use it so i was just wondering which one was better for performance. Thanks in advance for any help.

90s13drifter
05-10-2005, 08:39 PM
The split design is for rhd cars, on LHD 240s's it will hit the steering column. Some people will say differently but the 3 that I have seen all hit it, including my own. Im running the 3" non-split one with No problems.

_Def_
05-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Get a GReddy. It has a small section of "pipe within a pipe" that splits the wastegate stream from the main turbine outlet stream for a few inches. This cuts down on post turbine turbulence compared to the wastegate stream smacking right into the turbine stream.

IMO, a good design right at the turbine outlet is more important than any other place post-turbo so I'd spend the extra bucks for the GReddy piece. The SSAutocrack split style is constructed like ass too, I had to extensively port one I had for a short while since none of the pipes lined up with the flanges/holes and the welds were majorly splattered on the inside of some of the tight places.

FLSRcoupe
05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
I got the divorced chamber one off of ebay and it clears the steering column, and I was actually impressed with the welds and quality... better than I expected for 50 bucks.

tErbobOOst
05-11-2005, 05:53 AM
The dual chamber works better...there is only so much exhaust flow the T25 can have anyways, you dont need the outlet to be too big.

I have the Greddy pipe and it works wonderfully.

killjoy
05-11-2005, 07:50 AM
FLSR, which one did you get? Can you post a link to the ebay page?

Ichiyonsilvia
05-11-2005, 09:25 AM
What do you guys think of Yashio factory and Tomei outlet pipe? Those pipes are single outlet, anybody using?