PDA

View Full Version : Help with AVCR, yes I searched...

GoaTSLonG
05-15-2005, 05:28 PM
whats up, i just installed my avcr in my s13 with a redtop sr. i set the car setup up to 4 cylinder, 2 speed, and the up arrow on throttle and hooked up the purple wire to injector and the throttle always reads at 0.0% and the rpms are way off and very erradic sometimes it'll get stuck at 606rpm and such. i cant figure it out for the life of me, the wiring is correct i checked it twice.. anyone else have this problem

Enthalpy
05-15-2005, 06:49 PM
hook rpm up to the tach signal. when you go to the injector drivers it reads rpm all weird. that is only really useful for duty cycle calculations. the injector fires once every 2 rpm.. the tach fires twice every rpm. so you cna also try switchign your cyl # to 1. that will make it read somewhat accurate..but still nto really. just do to the tach signal.

as for TPS...you probably tapped the wrong wire. go to sensor check in the misc. menu and watch your voltage...

GoaTSLonG
05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
i see, well injector duty cycle is more important to me than rpm because i'm using guess and check to see how much boost my 550's are good for on the 2871r .64.

Hugh
05-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Fine tuning the AVCR on the injector wire is a *****. It's a lot easier to smooth out your boost curve a tad in the adjustments, and then let the AVCR self-learn for a few pulls and make it a straight line. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, I've run the AVCR on the injector wire and didn't see any troubles with the number of RPM displayed.