PDA

View Full Version : too much oil? would it cause this?

cdn_w_sr20
05-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I've been trying to help my buddy figure out why he recently had some oil come out of the breather in the T in his valve cover through the breather. We did a compression check and it turned up normal, all in the 150s. I really couldn't help him figure out what the hell was going on here.

I was checking his oil dipstick to see if it had popped out and decided to check the oil itself. I took it out, put it back in and back out and then noticed the oil was way high. Like a good 2 to 3 cm over the Full line. Seeing as he was driving the car hard at the time one would expect that gettin some oil out the breather could be normal?

I really can't think of any othe reason why he'd get that much oil out of the breather. Does that sound like a possibility???

bigburt187
05-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Mine did the same thing tonight! It scared the sh!t outta me cause I heard that it could be a screwed up ring, plus I just got done doin a 3rd gear pull with the boost hitting 16-18psi. However my compression is also 150 across the board. My oil was about 1/4-1/2qt over full because I just put the 2871 turbo and new lines on...so I added some....ooops too much. My buddy just told me to get a catch can and that itll do that because of of the boost your runnin?!?!?

Nikeboy355
05-18-2005, 05:40 AM
crankcase ventilation... Just drain some oil out and he'll be fine...

cwdmark
05-18-2005, 09:55 AM
do you have the stock catch can in?

with the aftermarket one i was dumping out about a qt every week. changed back to stock one.... absolutely none coming out now.