PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with ECU Wiring

canyoncarver
05-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I have a sr20det in my 510. I've been trying to figure the wiring and I'm at a loss. I got a #62 ecu when I bought the motor. I bought a complete uncut harness off of ebay. In trying to compare various wiring diagrams of ecu's, harnesses and the like, mainly from a CD fsm for silvias and 240's. I can't make it all come together. The main problem is with tracing the wires at the known connectors. They don't seem to go to the appropriate pins on the ecu.

I plan on unwrapping the harness and re-configuring its shape to better fit the car. In that process, I will do a trace on each wire from each engine connector to the ecu connector.

My questions are:
Where can I get, or how do I conclusively know, what the pin-outs are for my ecu?

The harness seems to have more connection points than I need, which connections don't I need?

What do I need to interface with the stock 510 wiring? ie: should I get a 240sx relay/fuse box?

Any help is sincerely appreciated..........

Demon
05-22-2005, 12:45 PM
I have a barage of ECU diagrams if you need them. Just let me know and I will shoot them over to you.

canyoncarver
05-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Please, send what you have. xrdood@gmail.com

Thank you

KASilviaAR
05-27-2005, 11:17 AM
I have a sr20det in my 510. I've been trying to figure the wiring and I'm at a loss. I got a #62 ecu when I bought the motor. I bought a complete uncut harness off of ebay. In trying to compare various wiring diagrams of ecu's, harnesses and the like, mainly from a CD fsm for silvias and 240's. I can't make it all come together. The main problem is with tracing the wires at the known connectors. They don't seem to go to the appropriate pins on the ecu.

I plan on unwrapping the harness and re-configuring its shape to better fit the car. In that process, I will do a trace on each wire from each engine connector to the ecu connector.

My questions are:
Where can I get, or how do I conclusively know, what the pin-outs are for my ecu?

The harness seems to have more connection points than I need, which connections don't I need?

What do I need to interface with the stock 510 wiring? ie: should I get a 240sx relay/fuse box?

Any help is sincerely appreciated..........

Look up the wiring (or electrical) section on www.srswap.com (http://www.srswap.com) for *most* of what you need on the SR. Look on www.zeroyon.com (http://www.zeroyon.com) for FSM's, pinouts, etc. Analyze the diagrams until you're well-versed in what goes where in the 240sx swap, and then you'll be able to figure out what you need to use for the 510 swap. Hooking up the speedo and tach will be an interesting problem... You may want to think about custom-installing a complete 240SX DOHC cluster in your 510 dash.