PDA

View Full Version : Twin chamber turbo outlet noise

Proimport
05-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Dont know any other way to describe it but i have a friends sr20det that he had me install a twin chamber turbo outlet on when i did the swap and now when the boost comes the car makes are really weird "whooshing" sound. After getting the car on the lift and brake boosting it the noise seems to be coming from the turbo outlet. All bolts are tight and there are no blown gaskets. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I swear that when i first fired it up after the swap it didnt do this but he said that it started the next day.Maybe the twin outlets just make a weird noise but i would like some confirmation. Thanks in advance for any help.

Proimport
05-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Come on guys 56 views and no opinions. Help me out here.

knate
05-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Dont know any other way to describe it but i have a friends sr20det that he had me install a twin chamber turbo outlet on when i did the swap and now when the boost comes the car makes are really weird "whooshing" sound. After getting the car on the lift and brake boosting it the noise seems to be coming from the turbo outlet. All bolts are tight and there are no blown gaskets. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I swear that when i first fired it up after the swap it didnt do this but he said that it started the next day.Maybe the twin outlets just make a weird noise but i would like some confirmation. Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't have the twin chamber, but I'm running a Greddy, which is seperated for the most part. I can hear when my wastegate opens, but it's not very obvious. Make sure the gaskets aren't leaking and the O2 is threaded in properly by feeling around them as soon as you start the car and it's cold. If not, then don't worry about it. The material of the extension is thinner than the stock cast piece, so it's going to transmit a little more noise.