PDA

View Full Version : who runs a safc with z32 maf and jwt ecu?

s14tat
05-24-2005, 06:27 PM
yeah my jwt doesn't run right with that setup on my 95 ka-t. the car would run lean at idle and at low throttle but at high throttle it would run fine. i have a program for the nismo 555cc injectors, and i had jwt flow those to make sure those are the right injectors, and i also sent it back to make sure they got the right program.

now i know for a stock 240sx to run a z32 maf the sensor input should be 2in 6 out. i've been running it like that for 6 months. however since the ecu is tuned to run z32 maf like stock. what is the in and out for the safc on the jwt ecu?

thanks

asad
05-24-2005, 06:54 PM
2in, 2out

Asad

rn240sx
05-24-2005, 07:33 PM
yeah my jwt doesn't run right with that setup on my 95 ka-t. the car would run lean at idle and at low throttle but at high throttle it would run fine. i have a program for the nismo 555cc injectors, and i had jwt flow those to make sure those are the right injectors, and i also sent it back to make sure they got the right program.

now i know for a stock 240sx to run a z32 maf the sensor input should be 2in 6 out. i've been running it like that for 6 months. however since the ecu is tuned to run z32 maf like stock. what is the in and out for the safc on the jwt ecu?

thanks

Its funny u mention that cause im also running VERY lean at idle.. My wideband reads 19.9 and my idle SUX...
I have to tune the AFC +25 % to get it to 14-15 so that my idle maintains smooth and solid.

I never had to do this b4 until now. I was also told that the o2 readings SHOULD bounce from lean to rich at idle..

Not sure how true this is, cause ive never really payed attention to it cause i never has this idle problem b4..

s14tat
05-24-2005, 11:13 PM
what was your in and out? i just tried using 2in and 2out and i have to do +31 to get it idle. question, does your idle stumble and make small burps occasionaly? i know the larger injectors are harder to make idle but damn that is getting kinda annoying.

edit: i tried running it 6 in 6 out today and it seems to drive better then 2 in 2 out. it backfires less and it stumbles alittle less. anyone else have inputs? also with 6 in and 6 out i only need to richen by +25 to get the car to idle and run stoich

duncan351
05-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I had this exact same issue when I had JWT's Z32 maf program and the dam car ran like complete crap. I requested for Jim to give me the cobra maf program and changed mafs(after using 3 different Z32 mafs)and idle was fine. Car ran great. His Z32 maf program for the KA still has bugs to work out of it.