PDA

View Full Version : stock T28 -> swap with GT2871R

Pat_s14
05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
hi !

i am going to replace stock T28 with new GT2871R. I have just new 2871 and no gaskets at all. What exactly will i need (not only exhaust gaskets, but maybe some turbocompressor gaskets or flanges) to replace stock s14 sr20det t28 with gt2871 ? it is very important question - i need to know, what i have to order ftom the USA.

Brad
05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
at the bare minimum youll want a new exhaust inlet gasket, from a 91+ 300zx turbo. its the gasket that connects the turbo and the manifold

youll need some new intake piping, i forget what the compressor inlet size is, but its not the stock size, so your elbow and mafs wont work. you should already have a new mafs so weld up some piping to make it work

you can reuse the exhaust outlet 5 bolt gasket, its thick metal and theres not much room for blowage there.

might as well get a nice exhaust manifold gasket, the one from the head to the manifold

should get you started in the right direction

redhanded
05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
thats weird. when i went to nissan to get one of those gaskets, they told me that there was none. instead the turbo and the manifold had a tight seal without the gasket, hence no part number for it. so i ended up ordering from atp. maybe the parts guy was wrong?

s14ajk
05-27-2005, 09:14 AM
http://www.courtesyparts.com/z32/oe_turbo-hw.html

also want to get some washers for the oil and coolant lines