PDA

View Full Version : Deatsch Werks injectors anybody using?

ncsr20det
06-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Just a little curious to see who is using the Deatsch Werks injectors and what you guys think of them. If there have been any problems or smooth sailing

KASilviaAR
06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Do a little searching on this site, and then ask questions. Reviews say they're good.

scotheocelot
06-06-2005, 01:22 PM
I had my Nismo 740cc injectors balanced and flowed with all new gaskets and seals replaced. Im very happy with the results plus im using the hardwire kit for the fuel pump. Very nice kit indeed.

-scott

Wazowski
06-07-2005, 01:34 AM
I had my SARD 850's flow tested by DeatschWerks. Good turn around. I'm very happy.

cwdmark
06-07-2005, 10:41 AM
i have the deatch 650cc injectors. turned out to be 780cc injectors... but other than that its fine. if you are getting a rom tune i highly suggest getting nismo 555cc or 740cc injectors otherwise you will have problems getting the tune right.

jclark462
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I got the 555's and got a tune from Scott for them. They work great.

DeatschWerks_Dave
06-07-2005, 11:33 AM
i have the deatsch 650cc injectors. turned out to be 780cc injectors... but other than that its fine. if you are getting a rom tune i highly suggest getting nismo 555cc or 740cc injectors otherwise you will have problems getting the tune right.

This problem was due to flow testing being contracted out. The shop that was flowing them used a machine and method which led to under-rated injectors. Recently, I have invested in my own top of the line injector flow machine (New Age NA8). I am in the process of re-flowing my entire stock of injectors.

Getting accurate ratings will no longer be a problem and I am working with Scott (enthalpy) to make ROM tuning with my injectors plug and play just like Nismo, Sard, etc.

I will also be offering larger sizes and cleaning/flowtesting services within the next month or so.

ncsr20det
06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I did do a search and came up with nothing! But i guess there always has to be someone who says do a search so they can feel important.

ncsr20det
06-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Also wondering how your able to price your inj. so low as compared to other companies?

orion
06-07-2005, 12:52 PM
As I understand it, these are modified OEM injectors (370s drilled out to be ~740cc, 270s drilled out to 600cc, etc...), rather than new aftermarket injectors (like SARD, NISMO, etc...)

- Brian

Hiram_aka_Chingon
06-07-2005, 01:46 PM
I've heard they're good, but most ppl i know are now going w/ www.witchhunter.com (http://www.witchhunter.com) (cheaper i think).

SilviaKs
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I got my 600cc Dwerks injectors about 3 months back can I tell by your flow test sheet whether they are going to actually be 600cc or not? By this I mean will there be a different name or company on the Heading?

cwdmark
06-07-2005, 10:12 PM
This problem was due to flow testing being contracted out. The shop that was flowing them used a machine and method which led to under-rated injectors. Recently, I have invested in my own top of the line injector flow machine (New Age NA8). I am in the process of re-flowing my entire stock of injectors.

Getting accurate ratings will no longer be a problem and I am working with Scott (enthalpy) to make ROM tuning with my injectors plug and play just like Nismo, Sard, etc.

I will also be offering larger sizes and cleaning/flowtesting services within the next month or so.

good to hear!

will mine need to be re-flowed or are they ok because i already have a tune for them?

DeatschWerks_Dave
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
All of the injectors out there now are perfectly fine. They are just harder to tune b/c of the under-rated flow. They are still accurately balanced. It is sort of like comparing numbers from a Mustang dyno and a Dynojet dyno.

cwdmark
06-07-2005, 10:53 PM
good, nice to know.

that's probably why you couldn't flow then accurately enough at higher levels.... because you were probably already hitting 1000cc+ injectors http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SilviaKs
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I got my 600cc Dwerks injectors about 3 months back can I tell by your flow test sheet whether they are going to actually be 600cc or not? By this I mean will there be a different name or company on the Heading?

???

DeatschWerks_Dave
06-08-2005, 01:18 AM
no, you cannot tell by the flow sheet. I just got my injector flow machine up and running so only injectors from here forward will have the more accurate rating.

Your injectors probably flow 650-700cc. If this is a problem, PM me I can get you a lower flowing set. I stand behind my injectors and will work with any customer who has a problem to make them happy.

Enthalpy
06-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Ok guys,

Dave and I have been workign on this behind the scenes for a while now. Almost all of the programs that i have sent out for Deatsch Werks injectos have accounted for the error in sizing. i realized early on that the flow results werent matchign the tune results and decided to make my tuens right for the size that the injectors are behaving like.

I support the deatsch Werks injectors and now that dave and i have them figured out there will be no problems!

Happy240sx
06-08-2005, 12:06 PM
no, you cannot tell by the flow sheet. I just got my injector flow machine up and running so only injectors from here forward will have the more accurate rating.

Your injectors probably flow 650-700cc. If this is a problem, PM me I can get you a lower flowing set. I stand behind my injectors and will work with any customer who has a problem to make them happy.

Hey Dave, am I getting the "new ones"?

How you making out by the way?

DeatschWerks_Dave
06-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey Dave, am I getting the "new ones"?

How you making out by the way?

Yes, check your PM for details

SilviaKs
06-08-2005, 11:29 PM
I will get them flow tested here, shipping will be a ***** as I am in New Zealand. Using a Power FC so they should fine.

elks240
06-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I know several people around here that are using these injectors and have had nothing but good results with them. I know Dave personaly and he is a great guy with a great service. He will do anything he can to make customers feel satisfied, and happy with anything they purchase from him.

Keep up the good work Dave

Chip_Letzgus
06-09-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm so glad that I clicked on this thread. Looking forward to purchase some 550, 600, or 650 injectors or whatever the max an safcII can handle.

WitchHunter
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
i have the deatsch 650cc injectors. turned out to be 780cc injectors...

Be sure and ask what fluid is being used for the flow testing. Most shops use Heptane because of it's low cost. Heptane flows 5% more than priemum gasoline @ 75F and will vary greatly with temp making if difficult to get consistant readings.
We ran numerous tests earlier this week as we are in the process of having a custom calibration fluid mixed for our shop. Our calibration fluid tends to be 1.5% low compared to gas so we are getting a custom blend made with all properties we like.

Gordon
WitchHunter Performance (http://www.witchhunter.com)
Fuel injector cleaning & flow testing service

Hiram_aka_Chingon
06-09-2005, 09:55 PM
i have the deatsch 650cc injectors. turned out to be 780cc injectors...

Be sure and ask what fluid is being used for the flow testing. Most shops use Heptane because of it's low cost. Heptane flows 5% more than priemum gasoline @ 75F and will vary greatly with temp making if difficult to get consistant readings.
We ran numerous tests earlier this week as we are in the process of having a custom calibration fluid mixed for our shop. Our calibration fluid tends to be 1.5% low compared to gas so we are getting a custom blend made with all properties we like.

Gordon
WitchHunter Performance (http://www.witchhunter.com)
Fuel injector cleaning & flow testing service

Good to see my post got some response... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BillKlineVT
06-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm running the Deatschwerks 550cc's with no problems at all. Thanks again Dave!

SilviaKs
06-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Definitely a good guy.

nissanfanatic
06-12-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm running the 615cc's. Working great.

JohnS14
06-12-2005, 09:05 AM
I've got the 550's also and they work great. I've had them in for about 3 months or so and no problems at all. I'm using the safc to tune mine.

Brad
06-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm so glad that I clicked on this thread. Looking forward to purchase some 550, 600, or 650 injectors or whatever the max an safcII can handle.

i wouldnt go higher than 550. technically they can handle 740cc but it will be a mess