PDA

View Full Version : Z32 brake rotors with 4 lug hubs...

trackstar
06-10-2005, 06:10 AM
I am pretty opposed to drilling a hole in the Z32 rotors to fit on the 4 lug hub, although it seems to be common practice. Obviously I can go the 5-lug conversion route, but that seems like a lot of work just to make the rotors bolt up. (Plus I'd have to toss my wheels, etc).

I heard a rumor that there was a Volvo rotor in the correct 4 lug pattern that was the same dimension and width as the Z32 rotor, and thus would fit with Z32 calipers and S13 4 lug hubs. Can anyone verify this, or some other setup that will work? I know this is a long shot as this would probably be common knowledge by now, but...

orion
06-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Nope...your only option is to drill the Z32 rotor to fit your bolt pattern.

And as for not wanting to drill it...to put it bluntly - Get over it.

Drilling 3 more holes in the rotor's hat will not affect anything...won't compromise safety, won't make it crack, won't hurt anything. This is a VERY common practice, and I've NEVER heard of any type of failure from it.

- Brian

cellude
06-10-2005, 11:59 AM
If you are opposed to the drilling, I'm pretty sure most rotor manufacturers have a drilling process, after the rotor is cast, to make the original holes.

DTOYSTT
06-13-2005, 12:38 PM
where do i get the caliper bracket for the z32 caliper to bolt on to the 4 lug set up? does anyone make it?

RDM_II
06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
where do i get the caliper bracket for the z32 caliper to bolt on to the 4 lug set up? does anyone make it?

Idiot. The caliper bolts directly to the upright.