PDA

View Full Version : problem with the KA-T please help

walaboom
06-19-2005, 11:38 AM
ello everyone, I have this very weird problem from the KA-T i got from someone today. Car starts up fine, runs fine. I drove 4 hours back with that car without any problem and suddently when I was approaching a stop sign, the meter needle starts jumping between 500 to 2000 RPM and then the car just stall out. It doesn't happen very often, it only happen every once awhile. I have a super AFC, it wasn't tuned properly, it is reading the throttle, but not the air flow. Can this be the problem or maybe the MAF sensor or spark plug wiring? I have heard people with turbo on their KA are experiencing similar problem. Can you guys please tell me what might be wrong with the car?

Car is currently running stock KA with Xs engineering turbo and 6.5psi setting. I am not sure what other information I should be provided, please let me know if you need other info. Thanks.

insndrvr
06-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Does it have a BOV? Is it recirculated?

walaboom
06-20-2005, 07:43 AM
It doesn't have a BOV, Xs engineering kit doesnt come with BOV...

cosmoworks
06-20-2005, 11:54 AM
It doesn't have a BOV, Xs engineering kit doesnt come with BOV...

Get one.

Also, what are you using the SAFC for anyways? I thought the XS kit used stock injectors and a FMU.

-Cosmo

nissanfanatic
06-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Ensure the SAFC is installed correctly. http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~tmerrick/240sx/apex_safc.htm has a good write up.

Make sure all the settings are correct. You should be able to find pretty much any of the settings you need pretty easily. Its an easy unit to figure out tho. May just want to initialize and start over if you have access to a wideband.