PDA

View Full Version : Nismo Aero Kit?

thankful
06-22-2005, 08:51 AM
First off I just found this site last night - and I am in hog heaven with all the DVD and Navi hack info............

Great stuff - This site totally blows all the others away by far...

I will be the proud owner in July between the 5th and 8th - after ordering my M35 Sport Black/Bourbon - Tech - Journey - Mobile Entertainment - and Aero.... I think that covers it....

Anyways - I was wondering if the aero kit that comes from the factory is a Nsimo piece?

I believe that some of you will be familiar I'm sure with Nismo - see all the Fuga posts tells me so.

Anyways - I thought it may be - as Nismo is Nissans factory accesory and performance line....

Thanks for the insight.

richcream
06-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Get the spoiler too man.
It completes the aggressive profile.

thankful
06-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks - I did get the spoiler as well - so we are in there with that.

But I want to know if the kit is a Nismo kit....

any thoughts?

nights_
06-22-2005, 06:06 PM
I thought the aero kit included the spoiler?

Q56_MONSTER
06-22-2005, 07:09 PM
I thought the aero kit included the spoiler?

It does. It also includes subtle front end application, side flares, and rear end application that nicely integrates the rear tailpipes.

To Thankful, I have no idea if the pieces are Nismo. Why would it matter?

Part of my deal was to have just the rear spoiler installed. The dealer now says they're on back order with no ETA in sight. AAARRRRGGGGGG.... I personally think the rear spoiler makes the car. I don't know what it is, but just that little lip makes the car look longer and broader from the rear. IMO, without the rear spoiler the rear end looks a little "stubby". "Not that there's anything wrong" with having a stubby!

Anyone else having back order troubles with the rear spoiler or the aero kit?

skyeflye
06-24-2005, 10:00 PM

Ordered mine from Grubbs Performance about three weeks ago. I received it all in about 2 weeks' time. Gary at Grubbs Performance was awesome to work with...he called regularly with status updates which I really appreciated. Only the front lip piece was backordered though. The rest was in stock at the time. Mine was diamond graphite. Perhaps I just got lucky.

Just got it installed today. It looks so freekin' hot. ...so freekin' hot.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mike_TX
06-25-2005, 03:12 PM

Ordered mine from Grubbs Performance about three weeks ago. I received it all in about 2 weeks' time. Gary at Grubbs Performance was awesome to work with...he called regularly with status updates which I really appreciated. Only the front lip piece was backordered though. The rest was in stock at the time. Mine was diamond graphite. Perhaps I just got lucky.

Just got it installed today. It looks so freekin' hot. ...so freekin' hot.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pictures .... pictures.

Jason B
06-25-2005, 03:42 PM
So when you buy the aero kit, it only comes as a package, correct?

Q56_MONSTER
06-26-2005, 08:35 PM
So when you buy the aero kit, it only comes as a package, correct?

You can buy the aero kit package, or just the rear spoiler separate. I don't believe you can buy the other pieces separate. Although, where there's a will there's a way!

SeattleM45
06-27-2005, 06:34 AM
Each piece is available seperatly. Go to www.grubbs.com (http://www.grubbs.com) and search for "Aero" and you will find excellent prices on the various parts, front spoiler, side sills, rear sill and the rear spoiler. Talk to Gary if you call them. Great guy to work with. And the shipping is free if the order is over 500.00. Their online price was much less that what my local dealer quoted plus I did not have to pay salestax!