PDA

View Full Version : NO Spark, need help starting car.

virus77
06-22-2005, 02:05 PM
I finished putting my SR into my s14 and it wont start. Its a redtop with a #62 ecu. I did the wiring myself and Im pretty sure its correct so I dont think its that. also my wipers work, fuel pump tuns on, oil pressure is good, ecu turns on, etc. As a side note there is no MAFS plugged in but I just wanted to see it run so I havent put it on yet, but I dont think this would effect the ignition.

I spliced the blue/red and black/red wire from the big grey plug on the SR harness near the battery tray to the black/red wire on the interior F3 plug of the s14. When I check for voltage at the blue/red wire in the back of the valvecover coming from the coilpack harness I get 12v with the ignition on, so I think the coilpack are getting power, no?

Where should I go from here, is it the ignitor chip, CAS, ECU? Help me out and let me know if there is more info you need.

OHH_
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Try this look at your wiring again. There is two blue/red wires that come out in the same place on the sr harness you need to hook the larger guage one (its like 12 guage maybe) to the black/red wire. All the ignition power wires are a larger guage than the rest of the wires-just know that. Also the wiring is old so what was once red may now look pink. That sounds like what it is. hopefully i was somewhat clear

virus77
06-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Both the blue/red and black/red thick guage wires are connected to the black/red wire on the F3 plug. I have power at the coilpacks but I guess they get no signal. I ran some tests on my ignitor using the FSM and it looks like that might be my problem. Im going to test it with someone elses tomorrow and see what happens.

virus77
06-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Alright I checked the ignitor on a running car and it worked so its not the ignitor. The guy told me to check the red/black wire (eccs relay) on the ecu for power and when I did it has 12v with no key in the ignition but when I turn the ignition to the on position the power cuts to .8v or something(same goes for the red black wire on the s14 F2 Relay), does this mean anything?

luka
06-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Alright I checked the ignitor on a running car and it worked so its not the ignitor. The guy told me to check the red/black wire (eccs relay) on the ecu for power and when I did it has 12v with no key in the ignition but when I turn the ignition to the on position the power cuts to .8v or something(same goes for the red black wire on the s14 F2 Relay), does this mean anything?

it's suppose to do that. it's a ground switch (ie ground = on). check to see if the ECU is even getting power. there should be a red wire (bundled up with about 4-5 reds) running to the ECU with a constant 12v (car on or off).

YumGTR
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
the fuel pump would not turn on if the ECU wasn't turning on, unless he wired the fuel pump up directly.

virus77
06-24-2005, 09:56 AM
the red ECU light turns on and so does my boost controller and stuff like that which are powered from the ecu power wire. I checked it for codes and it gave 11 which is CAS but I think that because i had unplugged it. I guess Im gonna try a working CAS next just in case, any other ideas?

virus77
06-28-2005, 01:18 PM
well i got it started, tried another ECU and she came to life, busting my balls for a week and it was a bad ecu the whole time.