PDA

View Full Version : two piece rotors for 300zx upgrade?

cjfast_1
01-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had looked at or sourced two piece 30mm rotors for the 300zx or our brake upgrade. I've tried looking online and seem some vague refrences to them, but nothing clear on availablity or prices.

So, if one of you has a web site or some Info on prices or if you can even git em', let me know.

Thanks

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2002, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjfast_1:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had looked at or sourced two piece 30mm rotors for the 300zx or our brake upgrade. I've tried looking online and seem some vague refrences to them, but nothing clear on availablity or prices.

So, if one of you has a web site or some Info on prices or if you can even git em', let me know.

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, friend and I are working on developing a bolt-on kit that'll allow you to run a 12 3/4" two-piece rotor assy using your OEM Z32 calipers. This should work on a G20, Z32, and S13/14/15. Got the prototype adapter brackets drawn up in CAD, and hopefully machined within the next 2 weeks...and maybe the rotor will be sourced by then also. The hat, will either be sourced, or machined up as needed (and depending on cost).
Question now is: how much is one willing to pay for something like this? I know it's not going to be too big a seller among the 240 crowd, but there will be several serious people out there who'd want to go for it..

Demon

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2002, 01:34 PM
A 94-98 3000GT VR4 rotor will work too. They are 12.5", and you just need to fab a bracket for the caliper. There's a guy on twinturbo.net selling a kit for $250, brackets and hardware only, I've got Unstable looking into doing it for less. Shouldn't be hard to do. Rotors are cheap as well.

01-15-2002, 01:48 PM
The only problem with the 3000GT setup is that the rotor has less offset than the 300ZX rotor, so the caliper needs to be relocated OUTWARD in order for it to line up with the rotor...which reduces wheel clearance even more than with 300ZX brakes.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R240NA:
A 94-98 3000GT VR4 rotor will work too. They are 12.5", and you just need to fab a bracket for the caliper. There's a guy on twinturbo.net selling a kit for $250, brackets and hardware only, I've got Unstable looking into doing it for less. Shouldn't be hard to do. Rotors are cheap as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2002, 02:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asad137:
The only problem with the 3000GT setup is that the rotor has less offset than the 300ZX rotor, so the caliper needs to be relocated OUTWARD in order for it to line up with the rotor...which reduces wheel clearance even more than with 300ZX brakes.

Asad

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, I neglected to mention that this kit will also allow folks to run almost ANY wheel. Before, with the Z calipers, you were limited in the number of wheels that would clear the calipers... not so with this kit, as it should allow you to run almost any wheel with it..

Demon

cjfast_1
01-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Sounds very cool, I hope the price is right... Thanks.

Oh, one other thing. I hope or assume that the hats for the rotors will be aluminum?...

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: cjfast_1 ]

Yury S Lyalko
01-15-2002, 02:24 PM
yea, the 3000gt VR4 setup is out of the question for us. th eguy does not supply the wheel spacers or any other info.
On his picture, he has the NISSAN letters ground off the caliper, to clear the wheels.

On a 240 we will need at least 15mm spacer, which means we will need longer studs, which brings the cost up way too much.

Yury

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2002, 03:19 PM
I e-mailed the guy and got all the measurements, they will clear my wheels fine. Some people might run into a problem, I was just throwing it out as an alternative. I'm doing it that way because I have access to the rotors cheap.