PDA

View Full Version : Converting to Blow Through MAF

scotheocelot
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Hey fellas! I was just thinking about making my MAF a blow through type since im retuning my Power FC. What all do i need to convert it? Do i have to place it between the bov and tb or just on the cold side of the intercooler? Thanks for the help. Also i was wondering if the car will still run on the Enthalpy base maps or will i have to change it all?

-scott

90s13drifter
06-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Search for blow through. BOV should be before the MAF, after all thats the point of it right??? It should be near the throttle body with at least a few inches of straight pipe before and after so turbulence does not affect the MAF readings. Most likely you will have to tune for it. Good luck.

driftin240
06-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Will the z32 MAF work fine with the blowthrough setup?

_Nzo_
06-29-2005, 01:49 AM
If you strap it up and glue it for safety it works fine.

Taffy
06-29-2005, 07:55 AM
It would be best if you used a metal AFM and not a plastic one. The plastic has the possibility of bursting.

The stock SR MAF is just fine for blow thru.

harlock_ssx
07-10-2005, 03:22 AM
It would be best if you used a metal AFM and not a plastic one. The plastic has the possibility of bursting.

The stock SR MAF is just fine for blow thru.

Yeah...if you like to restrict the hell out of your setup! I'd rather not have to have my compressed air be restricted down to 55mm. I used the Z32 as a blow through with 70mm piping for about 6 months with no problems & have since changed my setup to use only the Z32 sensor itself (not the entire assmbly) inside of 80mm piping. No problems at all! One great thing about blow through setups is driveability, it cuts down a lot with surging, bad idle, etc.