PDA

View Full Version : windshield wiper problem

timlush
06-28-2005, 04:50 PM
ok, i know this may sound bad but my car keeps blowing the wiper fuse and its raining now and for the rest of the week. i will not be able to get around to it until this weekend and i was wondering what you all would suggest for a quick fix. i tried giving straight power to each individual terminal on the wiper motor but nothing. any help, if not i guess its off to the store to get some rain-x. thanks in advanced.

wanabe_dorito_esx
06-28-2005, 06:31 PM
if the motor is bad it will draw too many amps for the fuse to handle, but ive never heard of someone actually needing to replace them on s13's as nissan hit the right co. to manufacture them

RDM_II
06-28-2005, 06:33 PM
1) motor
2) amplifier
3) switch

Get and FSM, go to town.

timlush
06-28-2005, 09:19 PM
if the motor is bad it will draw too many amps for the fuse to handle, but ive never heard of someone actually needing to replace them on s13's as nissan hit the right co. to manufacture them

http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif

well 1) its an s14, but that doesnt really change anything 2) when i first finished up the swap (yury did my harness) the wipers would come on and go off at all random times. so ive known there was a wiring issue there. but for like the last 6 months, they have worked perfectly. now like 2 days ago, they blew the fuse and continue to do it. so i guess its time to finally fix this problem.

RDM_II
06-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you already know where to go. Have at it.