PDA

View Full Version : Using 2 BOV's?

shoes59
06-29-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm currently using a Stealth FX BOV in the stock location on the cold side near the TB. I don't think it's opening under light load throttle lift (lots of compressor surge) so I decided to try an HKS SSQV. I'll be mounting this on the hot side and eventually recirculating it.

Question: Any drawbacks or benefits to running both BOV's at the same time?

YumGTR
06-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Skyline GTR's run two bov's right next to eachother from the factory, between the intercooler and intake manifold. shouldn't be a problem running two, but running them far away from eachother might be weird.

cosmoworks
06-29-2005, 12:05 PM
A benefit of running two is that you'll expel pressure much faster than running just one.

-Cosmo

shoes59
06-29-2005, 12:26 PM
A benefit of running two is that you'll expel pressure much faster than running just one.

Cool. Sounds like there are no drawbacks so I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Kingtal0n
06-29-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm currently using a Stealth FX BOV in the stock location on the cold side near the TB. I don't think it's opening under light load throttle lift (lots of compressor surge) so I decided to try an HKS SSQV. I'll be mounting this on the hot side and eventually recirculating it.

Question: Any drawbacks or benefits to running both BOV's at the same time?

Your going to have the same problem. the SSQV even on the lightest setting will not open during light lift, and even causes surge revving in neutral. I currently have one on the hot pipe that was surging all the time... I added a Type-S to the cold side and the surge went away. Ever see the size of the hole in the SSQV? its VERY small. during high boost I could hear MASSIVE surge even while the bov was open making noise. A push type like the Type-S set just closed at idle should do the trick, but dont count on the SSQV doing anything more than making noise.