PDA

View Full Version : Great Bay Area dealer experience.

Q2M_from_LS430
06-30-2005, 06:16 PM
For any of you folks in the SF bay area, I have to say I've been really impressed with Peninsula Infiniti.

Here were some of my pleasant surprises when it came time to pick up my car.

- Sammy, my salesman, called to tell me the car was ready and to come and get it. Then he called back to ask if I'd like the combination lock nuts on the wheels (no charge)
- Then he called back again to ask if I want the license plate drilled into the front (required in CA), and pointed out I might get away with it if I didn't use it. Very thoughtful IMO. (I opted no license plate BTW)
- When I got there, as a courtesy, and without my asking him, he'd already activated the XM, so I could enjoy it as I drove home with my new car.
- When I ordered two extra Intellikeys, he sold them to me at a very nice discount off retail. Now that the car is mine, I really expected them to try to make back some of the money lost in the negotiations. Not so.
- Finally, he offered to keep my Q45 in their storage facility when I'm out of town on my trip, despite the fact that I'll be looking to sell it privately after I return.
- And to top it all off, my salesman Sammy is the most technology savvy car salesperson I've met. Being a tech guy myself, its very unusual for me to meet a salesperson who can teach me much about a car's tech.

A totally good experience.

Pete

Kefer
06-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Sounds like you've got a keeper of a dealer.

I'm curious though, how was he able to activate the xm for you? I assume that means they only activated it for the three free months, and you will have to call back and sign up for a plan, right?

Anyways, sounds like you got great service. Enjoy the car...I know I do!

Q2M_from_LS430
06-30-2005, 09:25 PM
It was just a short temporary activation (not sure how long), but one which made my first drive as a new owner a total pleasure.

Pete

Dozer42
08-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Hmmm, maybe I should give Sammy a call. I'd like to add the stock spoiler to my wife's new M45 Sport.

I did call Peninsula Infiniti first as they're our closest local dealer, talked to Brian Fortune.

I basically knew everything I needed to about the car and was ready to place an order that day. He kept on sending emails saying 'Price won't be an issue, we'll get you the best deal. Just come on in!!'

When it finally came down to it the best he could do was $1500 off MSRP, plus I'd have to pick up shipping on the vehicle from SoCal. (It was the only one in the state with the exact options we wanted).

The SoCal dealer gave it to me for $2500 off MSRP for that same car, so I had to go with them.

Would love to get a decent relationship going with the local dealer if they'll be competetive on price.

Bidyut
08-30-2005, 11:30 AM
I bought my m35 from Infiniti of Pleasanton. somehow I hated Peninsula Infiniti. For the reason that I asked them a quote over internet and they were not ready to give it to me. Instead when I said I have quotes from every other dealers, they said bring in the quotes and we can beat that. That was kind of felt cheapo to me.

At Infiniti of Pleasanton, the price they offered to me over the phone a month ago was still valid. They gave me that car just above 800$ over invoice price + 750$ coupons. They also activated my sirius sat radio and the channels were tuned. I asked for a dvd-a for listening, they gave me one (though it was a demo cd). I also got a 60K/48mo maintanance for $1000 from them. No haggle and no hassle. We just zoomed in and got our paper works done and zoomed out! Well, not that fast!:)