PDA

View Full Version : S14 F3 Plug Pinout + Colors

Kingtal0n
06-30-2005, 10:19 PM
http://www.geocities.com/kingtal0n/s14Pinout-Colors.jpg

I do anything wrong? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif About to put an S13 SR into my new S14... made this for my own personal reference, but sharing it for the good of the community. I double checked the colors/pinouts on my newly aquired S14 harness, and they all check out, so as far as I can tell its perfect. I got the descriptions from a post in Fa's Archives.

Fred_Allen_Burge
07-01-2005, 07:42 AM
According to EC-94 Pin 9 goes to the ECCS relay to power the MAF.
EC-112 shows Pin 10 to be brown too, not black/yellow.

allen

ItzGenX
07-01-2005, 08:17 AM
I believe it is dependant on year. Different years have very minor changes in where certain wires are located pin to pin. King, if you feel that is the most revised and accurate, mind me putting it on the sr20hybrid's guide I've been hosting? What year is your car anyway?

Fred_Allen_Burge
07-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Just for the record, the FSM I'm looking at is for a 1995 model.

allen

RDM_II
07-01-2005, 08:26 AM
My pinout in the archives is a 1996, the 95 models differ due to the lack of OBD-II, 97-98s have a few extra wires for additional stuff as well.

Kingtal0n
07-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Just for the record, the FSM I'm looking at is for a 1995 model.

allen

Ah HA! Thats one of the reasons I made this diagram... the 1995 F3 pinout in the FSM is WRONG!

I started researching for info concerning this swap, and found this page:
http://myweb.cableone.net/tain228/S13toS14/S13toS14.html
Which is perfectly helpfull in every respect... except.. It keeps referring you to the FSM "I also highly recommend that you double check each pin location and confirm that you are wiring it to the correct pin against the FSM for your car." but half-way through, after finding little inconsistencies, it says "F3-S14 KA Power Plug
(The pin out for this plug is incorrect in my 1995 S14 FSM. I will add a pin out for this soon.)"

... And there is still no pinout added to the site. To make matters worse I didnt start with an S14 KA harness... What I actually had was an S15 SR20DE harness on my hands, so It got really confusing because none of the colors matched.. and without an accurate pinout I could do nothing.

I found a friend willing to give up his S14 KA24DE harness for this diagram, and I found a 1996 KA24DE pinout on FA in the archives, that I color matched and verified with my KA harness. There was one small difference, "Pin 12, Orange, Headlamp diode" In my harness the pin was empty. That was the ONLY inconsistency. So I made the pinout chart using that info, and it checks out 100% as far as I can tell with my downloaded 1996FSM KA pinout as well.

This will help people with cut or screwed harnesses also, because it is organized and color coded. For instance, my S15 SR20DE F3 plug will fit the chassis of an S14 240SX, but the colors are all different. But by using this pinout, I can now utilize my S15 harness. Im re-wiring my S14 harness for S13 using this diagram saturday (tomorrow) so if anything changes Ill be sure to let everyone know :-)

I want this pinout to appear in as many places as possible. the more people that can access it and find it, the less questions there will be, and problems for people down the road. I'll be putting it on my site as well, along with my own personal proceedure encountered during the re-wiring process. I do this with everything I do, from my home-made twin-turbo setup to building my own transmission modifications page: Geocities.com/kingtaling
Click the links, the initial home page, for now, is a "for sale" and does not concern this topic.

Fred_Allen_Burge
07-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Gotcha, so the 96 FSM has got it right? Is the 1995 FSM wrong in it's pin locations AND colors or just the locations?

allen