PDA

View Full Version : S13 SOHC to DOHC consult port wiring

insndrvr
07-02-2005, 01:33 PM
When installing a DOHC into my '90 S13, I matched up the dash wires by color. There were 8 wires that matched, 3 wires on the DOHC engine harness left over and 5 wires on the dash harness(may have been the other way around). Anyway, I thought my car did not have a consult port, but I found it today when I had the drivers side kick panel off. I don't have any way of checking to see if it's working right now, but I plan on setting up the consult reader and my laptop so I can monitor things down the road.

So my question is, does anyone know which wires have to connected to which to make the DOHC engine harness (out of a '94 if it matters), and DOHC computer (out of a '91), work with my '90 SOHC dash harness? I have the '91+ FSM but I don't have a '89-'90, so I have no wiring diaphragms to reference.

asad
07-02-2005, 02:52 PM
go to zeroyon.com, download the 89-90 FSM http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Asad

RDM_II
07-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Make it cleaner, move the port over by the ECU.

Green, green/white, and green/black are needed for TX, RX, and CLK from the ECU, and a ground and an ignition to drive it. 5wires total.