PDA

View Full Version : Car doesn't have power

Mulletdrift2themax
07-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Heres the problem im having basically the car is reading that it doesn't have any power. The battery meter turbo timer reads 11.4 im not sure of units because i lost the manual. I just recently installed it about 2 weeks ago and haven't had problems since. Whats happening is when i have the key in the accy poistion everything turns on (fan, dash lights, stereo) then when i turn it to ign the fan turns off and so does all the lighting, but the turbo timer reads that its getting more power. I've been told by a mechanic friend that is sounds like its back feeding from a ground, where a ground is touching a live wire. I know its not the battery or connections there because i bypassed it and put power directly on the starter. Also the starter does nothing. Today i tested the key switch to see if something was going on there. The blue wire has 12 volts when the key is in the accy position, but loses power when turned to the ign poisition. Also the black/green wire has no power till the key is turned to the ign poisition. That I think is a ground. Any info would help

- Sean

_Def_
07-07-2005, 12:59 PM
The units are volts. Check your fuses underhood and in the car.

_Def_
07-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Or you might just have a dead battery.

RDM_II
07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Unplug the timer. If you feel it's causing a problem then take it out of the equation.