PDA

View Full Version : eliminating water line?

kovert
07-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Has anyone on here eliminated they're water/coolant line that feeds the heater? I looped the lines together when i removed the condencer, but now that my head is off..and a new intake manifold will be going on - AICV. Im thinking about eliminating both lines that run toward the firewall, as well as coolant to the throttlebody and intake manifold.

There are 2 sensors connected to the thermostat housing/head, one being a temp sensor, and another one right next to it..which I am not sure what it is.

Anyway..what needs to stay? and what can go?

http://drag240sx.com/datas/users/1-coolingsystem.jpg

RDM_II
07-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Heat, not A/C. If you have heat, keep those lines. If you don't have heat, or plan to, you can pull the plenum and easily see their respective ports, run a bypass hose.

If you just want to clean it up, you can pull the extraneous (is that even a word?) hardlines and just run your own hoses from point A to B.

kovert
07-13-2005, 09:31 PM
im not running heat or AC...and i want to remove the lines to the throttle body and intake manifold. are there any drawbacks to doing this?

duncan351
07-13-2005, 09:52 PM
We always reroute the waterlines to the TB. This is only for cars that are in the extreme cold. All the coolant does is heat the TB.

kovert
07-13-2005, 10:51 PM
I guess running the lines to the TB isnt so bad, but....whatthehell. its gone

chunk
07-13-2005, 11:01 PM
We always reroute the waterlines to the TB. This is only for cars that are in the extreme cold. All the coolant does is heat the TB.

While that may be true for some cars, it is not for Nissans. The coolant going through the throttle body is what warms the wax which controls the fast idle cam.

http://home.houston.rr.com/bcrouch/fic.jpg

Nikeboy355
07-14-2005, 12:21 AM

While that may be true for some cars, it is not for Nissans. The coolant going through the throttle body is what warms the wax which controls the fast idle cam.

Yeah, if you live in a warmer climate area don't worry about the water going into the TB... As for the wax element(which is in the S14/5 SRs) it isn't a big deal if you don't run that... All it does is raise the idle a little until the wax heats up... it's a completely mechanical system and I would recommend swapping it out for an S13 TB anyways...