PDA

View Full Version : How to wire IC Sprayer? I need help

Ichiyonsilvia
07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi, I bought this Cusco IC sprayer and control unit for my car.
This Cusco unit can control two different spray patterns,
1>spray when is reach certain pre-set RPM.
2>spray with desire timing set-up (continuous spray for 30 seconds or a combination of different numbers etc.,)

Here is my problem, according to Cusco instruction this control unit is suppose to connect to the pump for rear windshield but since U.S model s14 doesnít have that feature I'm gonna have to install it to my front windshield washer pump but I don't want washer fluid spraying every time when IC sprayer is on, is there anyway to control it without spraying to front windshield? Also, I donít want to block the lines that go to windshield washer nozzle either. Please Advice, Thanks in advance.

Steven

kovert
07-15-2005, 01:15 PM
on the s13's with rear wipers, there is only one resivour, but 2 pumps, one for front one for rear. if the s14 is not the same you can get a unit from a s13.

then all you do is just fill up your wiperfluid with just straight water.

sspikey
07-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Washer fluid is better than straight water since it has a decent amount of alcahol on it.
Spray some Purel on your i/c TONS of alcahol in there. Make your hands feel cool after you wipe them down with it http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ichiyonsilvia
07-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna put it on as soon as I got hold of S13 pump.

2slow240sx
07-16-2005, 05:56 AM
I designed my own sprayer and just used an external washer pump from O'Reilley. I drilled a hole in the top of the washer reservoir and ran my suction hose from the pump down that hole to the bottom of the tank.

FWIW, washer fluid has a high concentration of methanol, which is also very very effective. In fact, one company is making a methanol injection kit (into the intake) that taps the washer fluid and they specifically recommend washer fluid over just methanol/water mix. The reason is that methanol or methanol/water mix is highly corrosive. Washer fluid has enough additives to prevent accelerated corrosion and gelling.

cwdmark
07-16-2005, 01:53 PM
is just a windshield washer line enough to spray into the intercooler?

Ichiyonsilvia
07-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I think is good enough to spray IC.

I just bought a Nissan OEM washer pump from junk yard toady and put in on the tank, all I have to do was drilled the 3/4 hole for the pump,S14 tank already have a mounting place for another pump on the tank( S13 should have one too )its gonna be exactly like factory,I just need to wire it tomorrow or may be next weekend.

janders211
07-17-2005, 04:07 PM
I wired up the stock pump to an aftermarket nozzle (designed for lawncare ~7 foot spray), and I must say that I doubt that the stock pump can effectively spray the IC and any appreciable speeds with these. The spray was maybe 3 feet.

Has anyone found cheap, yet effective spray nozzles?

The problem with lawn care sprayers are that they are designed with high hose pressure, not something most wiper pumps can put out. Once I get the pressure/spray pattern worked out, I'm going to try and make just a simple voltage dependent switch based off of RPM to turn on the sprayer. I'm sure it's been done before- just want to try it myself.

I'm going soon to dyno to check out my AF with higher boost + a few mods, and I'll give the IC sprayer a run if the dyno has a fan capable of simulating driving speed.