PDA

View Full Version : SR Five-Ten help please... big turbo, S14 SR20DET

Dorifto_PG
07-15-2005, 03:25 PM
OK, well... lets give this a try. Estevan isn't answering his phone right now so I can't get your number.

I have zenki S14 SR with t3/t04e .50 trim. Turbine a/r .63. Z32 MAFS and 550cc Sard injectors controlled by SAFC-1. I'm tuning the car on LM-1 wideband and boost controller is GReddy Profec B spec 1. Turbo spools 3500-4000 At wastegate setting/.75bar the car runs near-perfect. Needs fuel at 3500-400 and i need to subtract at the 6000+ range. Minimal, i mean from 3500-4000 the AF/R is like 13ish and 6000+ is 10.8.

Now, i turned the boost up, (just barely 1bar) and during boost, it was 11ish then from 6000+ the AFR went to 9.5!

No change on my SAFC settings. Boost back down, runs fine.

Summary: wastegate setting, car runs perfect. Boost up a little, little hickups here and there above 5000. Boost at 1 bar (i want to go to 1.2) and it dumps fuel from 6000+.

Anyone is more than welcome to give advice, i just targeted this question to SR Five Ten cause i know he is S14 SR guru maniac...

Thanks!

kovert
07-15-2005, 09:12 PM
sounds like its leaning out.. maybe injectors are too small, or the pump is dropping voltage. try upping the base fuel pressure temporarly and see if that settles the AFR alittle. if it does..get bigger injectors.

if not..check out the pump wiring, try the relay mod.

another thing it could be is the safc not compensating for the z32 maf correctly. my car did the same thing when it was set for a Q45.

Kookz
07-15-2005, 09:30 PM
It's not leaning out, it's going pig-rich.

PR_S14
07-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Wouldn't increasing the boost increase fuel pressure as well? You may have to subtract more fuel up top. I run 550's controlled by AFC and I'm taking out 33% in the higher RPM.

knate
07-16-2005, 04:16 AM
Possibly a small boost leak that at lower boost doesn't leak much but really starts to open up when you turn the boost up.

gatecrasher
07-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Wouldn't increasing the boost increase fuel pressure as well? You may have to subtract more fuel up top. I run 550's controlled by AFC and I'm taking out 33% in the higher RPM.

With a 1:1 regulator the additional fuel pressure is basically compensating for the pressure in the intake manifold.......its not really "increased" fuel.

What are your plugs gapped at?

Miami240
07-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Maybe your BOV is leaking at high boost?

SRFiveTen
07-16-2005, 11:38 PM
With a 1:1 regulator the additional fuel pressure is basically compensating for the pressure in the intake manifold.......its not really "increased" fuel.

what happens when the pressure in the intake manifold exceeds the capacity of the fuel pressure regulator?
would we see really increased fuel?

estevan, please do not give out my number for over the phone diagnosis, unless it's for a single cute young lady in need of oil change, tweaking of her base timing or something more hands-on and fun.
i'm not a paid mechanic nor own a shop. i don't wish to cater the general cheapskates looking for a quick cure on their budget setup. there is no money in it.
the only setup i feel responsible for powers #22.
rest can deal with their issues w/o me. as evident there are plenty of excellent tips, i really liked the too lean theory.

poster/caller i forget your name; if my suggestion works out, do let them know. others might benefit from your experience.
get rid of the afc and get a real management, you're fooling your ecu and your self.
there is a pfc for s14 for sale, not sure on z or k, will find out if interested.

Jonandhis240sx
07-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I am interestedin the pfc for the s14, still have it??