PDA

View Full Version : Apexi turbo timer A/F & o2 Setting help.

dori_dori
07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
I cant figure out how to use this.

First of all, i tap the o2 sensor wire into the o2 sensor directly instead of the ECU, and ground it to the chasis. The rest of the function works, but the A/F function shows -- -- --, even after warm up.

The manual stated that it will not work with titanium type o2, car like r32 and 180sx. I wonder if this is true to our 240sx too. Anyway i m getting o2 voltage off the TT.

Besides that, the TT itself allow some settings on a/f and o2 voltage, which i m totally lost.. WHy do we hav to set the values?

Thanks

TS4l
07-20-2005, 01:42 PM
It should work, I installed one on my friends GTi-R which uses the same 02 sensor as the blacktop. Also I had it on my old car and I don't remember setting up any a/f settings. I was really happy with that TT you should love it once it all works. The A/F values where very close to the wideband 02 but just a bit slower. I would use it to tune but nice to keep an eye on things! I just remembered when my 02 went bad it stayed at the --- reading, and dumped a ton of fuel in. Check the voltage on the sensor wire, should be between 0-1V, once its warm should be between 0.9-1 volts.

dori_dori
07-21-2005, 01:43 AM
blacktop is on s14 or later 180sx. The manual is referring to r32 and 180sx, which is 91-93.