PDA

View Full Version : New Drag Wheels (Sort Of)

BlackBomber
07-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, its been forever since I was at the track and I haven't been able to go since I did the 5-lug conversion. I've been looking around at wheels to mount my drag radials on. Being of the 15" variety my choices have been limited. Needed some budget wheels.

So I picked up a pair of Ford Mustang Wheels from a 2001 model v6. They aren't the most glamorous wheels but I think they will be fine for track nights. 15x7 +24, 3-pairs of spokes to make it a 6 spoke wheel. My tires are the BFG drag radials and are 225-50-15. The wheels weigh 15.5lbs a piece. Lighter than I expected.

I was thinking of powdercoating them so crazy-ass color like bright yellow or something. Would I need to have them sand-blasted prior to powdering them? Give me opinions on colors for the wheels. I could keep them black like my 5zigens or do some off-the-wall color for the fun of it.

jclark462
07-27-2005, 06:56 PM
i'd say black. Do you have 300zx brakes on the back? I got some 15" slicks for free I just need the rims. but I was unsure as to if they would go on with my brakes or not.

SRENITY
07-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Hot Pink! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wootwoot
07-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Powder coat?.. They are drag wheels that will barely ever be on your car. Spray paint those suckers.

killjoy
07-28-2005, 08:13 AM
I agree with Srenity and wootwoot. Spray paint them neon green:-)

Or on second thought you could make streaks of a lot of neon colors so that when you go fast its like a tye-dye. You would look so cool like those honda guys with the neon valve stems. Jay, you would be my hero.

gsutoph
07-28-2005, 01:48 PM
nah...spray paint them gold...with that wal mart 24k gold paint

or get some really basic wheels and put spinner hubcaps on em

OHH_
07-28-2005, 09:23 PM
alot of tie die colors would be cool, but I say you go covert like a SH!T brown or even UPS brown would do nicely

BlackBomber
07-29-2005, 06:14 AM
alot of tie die colors would be cool, but I say you go covert like a SH!T brown or even UPS brown would do nicely

hmmm, wonder if there is a paint code for UPS brown? I'm thinking just black.

BTW, for those who have been PMing me and emailing me i'm using 240sx brakes on the rear so I can't determine if z32 brakes fit behind the mustang wheels.