PDA

View Full Version : #62 Ecu on blacktop s13?

golden240
08-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Im looking at getting an AEM ECU for my sr but the problem is i cant figure out which model to get.

From what i understand the #62 ECU comes from a s13 redtop and E5 ECU comes from the blacktop s13. AEM had 2 different ECU's for these engines.

The problem i am having is that I have a Blacktop s13, But have a #62 ecu. So the question is should i get the ECU with the pinouts for the redtop s13 or the ECU for the blacktop s13? I am assuming i would have to go with the redtop ECU correct?

EggMan
08-06-2005, 12:29 AM
62, 63, e5 and e6 work on redtop and 94-96 blacktop engines... they are interchangable... meaning they have the same 'pin-outs'... I have a 62, 63, and an E5 and have run all of them for a decent length of time and have seen no differences.
96.5+ S13 blacktops can't use said ecu's without repinning.

BlackBomber
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Im looking at getting an AEM ECU for my sr but the problem is i cant figure out which model to get.

From what i understand the #62 ECU comes from a s13 redtop and E5 ECU comes from the blacktop s13. AEM had 2 different ECU's for these engines.

The problem i am having is that I have a Blacktop s13, But have a #62 ecu. So the question is should i get the ECU with the pinouts for the redtop s13 or the ECU for the blacktop s13? I am assuming i would have to go with the redtop ECU correct?

exactly what he said. I'm in the same boat as you #62 ecu with a blacktop. you will need the AEM for the earlier engine. it basically comes down to "Did you have to repin your wiring harness for the redtop ecu, Yes or No?

Enthalpy
08-06-2005, 11:02 AM
E5, 62, 62 are all interchangeable...but the O2 sensor is different.

golden240
08-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the help guys, since i didnt repin, looks like ill be picking up the AEM for a 91-95 180sx SR.

Kingtal0n
08-07-2005, 09:47 PM

exactly what he said. I'm in the same boat as you #62 ecu with a blacktop. you will need the AEM for the earlier engine. it basically comes down to "Did you have to repin your wiring harness for the redtop ecu, Yes or No?

Assuming someone like me has a J4 ECU and wants to use a #62 ECU... you wouldnt happen to have the pinout differences handy would ya? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlackBomber
08-08-2005, 04:38 PM

Assuming someone like me has a J4 ECU and wants to use a #62 ECU... you wouldnt happen to have the pinout differences handy would ya? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ABSOLUTELY (http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=10008)