PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy here we go!!! Look out Sacramento!

threepointo
08-06-2005, 02:15 AM
You know, it really amazes me how all of these law enforcement agencies can find the time to go after import cars but they can't keep murder, drug dealing, etc in check! Everyone read this:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/576.asp

I also find it amazing that they never seem to bother the old school Camaros and mustangs. Or maybe it is becuase I don't hang out on those boards...The only way to put a stop to this is for all car enthusiast to step to these folks once and for all...Otherwise they are just going to have their way with us!

_Nzo_
08-06-2005, 03:08 AM
There are a number of disturbing aspects to this but the worst is grouping speeding and street racing together as if they are somehow associated. I know there are a lot of stupid people in Sacramento but come on, are they that stupid?

JRODS_240
08-06-2005, 05:50 AM
If that law goes thru we will be living in a dictatorship(cummunism); the f'cking U.S. goverment is forcing you to buy a chevy cavalier so you dont enjoy driving... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif..

I do know there are plenty of young kids driving wrecklessly on
public roads and they can't seem to understand that is dangerously.

If you want to race take to the track where is safe. But it
just goes in thru one ear and goes out the other http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

At least for now here in Miami we won't have to deal with
this law .

Let me enjoy my car until these f'cking communist decide you can no longer have coilovers,exhaust,2pod gauges,i/c,rims,ect... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

aukalok
08-06-2005, 07:23 AM
WOW! I understand the need to stop illegal street racing, but couldn't the 5 million be spent elsewhere in California?

And who needs to be educated on spotting aftermarket modifications? "San Diego officers come to train other departments how to look out for what they believe to be tell-tale signs of illegal modification such as window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers"

Good luck to all you guys if this passes.

IMO it is a poor excuse of generating revenue.

jk240sx
08-06-2005, 07:29 AM
"The concept, which originated in San Diego in 2001, has been spreading throughout the state and generated significant revenue for the California Highway Patrol and local departments."

Get the picture? Plus most mods ARE in fact illegal according to the state law.

When I move to San Diego on a permanent basis, I will sell my s14 and buy a sleeper high horse power car and keep it bone stock. Hell, my 240sx would get stolen there in a week anyway. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shoes59
08-06-2005, 11:07 AM
"tell-tale signs of illegal modification such as window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers."

Sounds to me like the police daprtment is after the demographic posing the highest risk to themselves and other motorists. Lose the riceboy look and you'll be ammune to this law if it passes.

Personally I like the idea of fewer big winged, sticker infested, bubble gum paint job, oversize wheel chit boxes on the road.

OHH_
08-06-2005, 11:43 AM
this type of bull**** happens almost in every aspect of life. heres another example nothing to do with cars but an example none the less. I live where ranchers and farmers are prevelent and want to kill everything but ****en cattle. basically all the wild life -unless they can hunt it they would rather have dead. not good long story short the uneducated always seem to be in larger numbers and have more say in some circumstances and it ruins alot for everyone. I guess in San diego this is all the more reason to get sneaky about [censored] such as stock looking wheels, near stock ride height, stock muffler with cuts outs, painte black FMIC, no body kits wings or stickers, an useful guages out of sight-which is the way it should be anyway in my opinion.

Hiram_aka_Chingon
08-06-2005, 12:26 PM
I bet SUV's kill more people every year than riceboys do, but we don't see cops busting out their tape measure and giving "dangerously high" tickets..

Yellow4g63
08-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Wow living in Cali just got a whole lot better, I guess the only way to avoid that it to a cop yourself http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

killjoy
08-06-2005, 01:38 PM
"window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers"

Wow they will be stopping most of the cars that aren't really modified in my book:) Pull over all the little Hondas that have a wing...LOL. You couldn't pay me to ever live in California. Ridiculous housing costs, emissions hell, Hate Republicans, hate guns, etc. Damn, I wouldn't even be able to walk down the street!

trsilvias13
08-06-2005, 02:21 PM
i think it time to join the domestic, i bet those guys arent even targeted with this new law.

or time to go old school 510/240z, the next bandwagon.

Dave562
08-06-2005, 02:44 PM
"The concept, which originated in San Diego in 2001, has been spreading throughout the state and generated significant revenue for the California Highway Patrol and local departments."

It's all about generating revenue. The drug dealers are too smart these days and it's much more difficult for the cops to generate revenue from them. So they're going after "street racers" and impounding their vehicles.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I remember being a kid and really enjoying driving fast on the road. Then I eventually realized that there really isn't much room for error on the roads, and every time you drive fast enough that you have to dodge around other cars, you're putting other people at risk. You really don't need a car that you can break the speed limit in without leaving 3rd gear. You definitely don't need to be driving a vehicle like that on a daily basis.

It bums me out because the government has pretty much killed one of the last 'legal' hobbies that I had left. I don't even know if I want to bother building another car, because I'll only be able to drive it every once in a while when I can make it out to a HPDE or something similar. I'll probably end up buying a shifter cart and racing that way. Shifter cart racing is more or the less the real deal. Those things have nearly identical power to weight ratios and driving dynamics as an F1 car.

The law is totally wack in some respects though. There isn't anything illegal about having a Porsche 996 twin-turbo. But it's illegal to make a 240SX drive compariably to a Porsche. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RDM_II
08-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm going to catch hell, but I totally agree with the law and think it's a great idea.
5 years ago I was free to drive my car and not be harrassed by the scores of kids driving around in poorly modified hondas and eclispes and the police rarely gave me trouble unless I was actually speeding. Nowadays you can't even drive to a nice restaraunt without being hounded because everyone wants to race and everyone thinks they're a badass. I've enjoyed driving my Lexus for the past few months just because I can freely go anywhere and not have to worry about being made to look like I'm part of a group of reject 16yr olds who's sole purpose in life is to emulate Vin Diesel because they're all buzzing around me trying to start a race. Police don't hassle me because I blend in with everyone else, and I can even drive fast if need be without worry that I'm going to get pulled over because I'm not in a car that's become known for trouble. It's because these kids and the 'scene' became so popular and because 99% of them have about as much sense as a brick that laws like this have to be enforced. Domestic guys never have displayed the type of idiotic disregard for property and other commuter's lives so it was never a serious issue, even back in high school 15 years ago we were all fools but we did not drive like it and no one was into street racing and everything that has come from the import culture. It's gotten out of hand now and something has to be done, and with the kids getting stupider every year and the magazines, sporting events, TV, everything showing how cool it is to drive fast it's not going to get any better.
I think they should also pass a driving age of 21 in every state with a mandatory two year 'supervised' driving before you can even get a liscence. It's too easy to get one these days and with parents just handing over keys to anything a kid could want without any moderation or supervision they might as well strap timebombs in the backseats when they leave.
The only other way to stop it is to kill off everyone and start over from scratch. And I don't think that'd work very well.

Dave562
08-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Ditto to what Russ said. The "import scene" is another example of how the main stream killed something that used to be acceptable because it was low key. Something does need to be done about all of the morons out there who spend griploads of money on their cars so that they can go race around on the streets. The people I feel sorry for are the true enthusiasts, the weekend warriors who only have one vehicle and like to auto-cross on the weekend. You know, the guys who all of the morons are immitating. The ones who drive responsibly most of the time, and get all of the high speed racing out of their system in parking lots and on the race tracks.

And ultimately, the manufacturers of the parts are going to take a big hit. Companies like Greddy and HKS and all those guys who make the really cool RACE parts are going to find their market shrinking because no one is going to want to spend $3000 on a turbo kit that is going to get their vehicle impounded.

I'm really looking forward to leaving California and moving some place where I own fast cars and firearms with large capacity magazines. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flybert
08-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I could give a rats ass about this. I live here in california. You just make sure you don't drive your car to neighborhoods that have cops that do this crap. If I do go to one of these areas with my car, I make sure it's as low key as possible and drive slow. Now, let's just say I do get popped. I'll go out and buy a truck to trailer my POS to the track or just get another shell. It's a small price to pay for breaking the law. S13 shell is like $1000 and swapping over the stuff would take like 2 or 3 days of solid work. That's not too bad when you think about it.

For the people that would say, well I just couldn't afford that. Well, put yourself on a better career path and quit with the car stuff for a while. You always gotta make sure your priorities are straight and to stay out of debt.

OHH_
08-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Ditto to what Russ said. The "import scene" is another example of how the main stream killed something that used to be acceptable because it was low key. Something does need to be done about all of the morons out there who spend griploads of money on their cars so that they can go race around on the streets. The people I feel sorry for are the true enthusiasts, the weekend warriors who only have one vehicle and like to auto-cross on the weekend. You know, the guys who all of the morons are immitating. The ones who drive responsibly most of the time, and get all of the high speed racing out of their system in parking lots and on the race tracks.

And ultimately, the manufacturers of the parts are going to take a big hit. Companies like Greddy and HKS and all those guys who make the really cool RACE parts are going to find their market shrinking because no one is going to want to spend $3000 on a turbo kit that is going to get their vehicle impounded.

I'm really looking forward to leaving California and moving some place where I own fast cars and firearms with large capacity magazines. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i agree with both you and RDM but in the same note they will be busting some that have nothing to do with any street racing of anysort. I mean they say look a 240 it has wheels on it and looks lowered better stop him, that is bull****. now if they pull a guy over cause his super invader bodykit and C-wings super xxx-large wing blocks his view and he was seen racing around and in general being a jackass-well that is in my mind acceptable. unfortunatly their is really no middle ground. but then again if they are gonna stop imports that look modified, they should stop trucks, muscle cars and those damn Harleys (who have obviously way to loud exhausts and is well getting to be main stream these days too). or pehaps its not the cars they seek it is the kids-so arrest everyone that is able to drive up to the age of 30-or even better if they have violations for speeding, reckless driving, exhibition driving etc and own a modified car that was also involved in the act-take away their license and car for a few years-but of course give the car back when the punishment is over, but I like so many other dont live and wont live in California so I really have little to worry about anytime soon

_ronin_
08-06-2005, 09:29 PM
i live in sac, and im all for this. is my car modified? yes, is it illegal, yes. i chose to do my illegal mods knowing what the outcome could be. i pass dozens of cops a day. in traffic, on 80 in my suburb. nothing happens. if u dont drive like a complete jackass they tend to leave u alone. they are looking to isolate and eliminate the retards, nothing more. and if u live in sac u know that the morons who street race down in DPH (Del Paso Heights) deserve to get busted. i just cant wait till cops start to crack down on all the bike posers around here. rice boys aint got nothing on those crazy SoB's.

2slow240sx
08-06-2005, 11:43 PM
As I've asked in previous posts...

Why would anyone want to live out there on the "left" coast? Why won't California hurry up and drop off the continent like they keep promising on Discovery Channel???

SilviaS14
08-07-2005, 02:31 AM
I'm going to catch hell, but I totally agree with the law and think it's a great idea.
5 years ago I was free to drive my car and not be harrassed by the scores of kids driving around in poorly modified hondas and eclispes and the police rarely gave me trouble unless I was actually speeding. Nowadays you can't even drive to a nice restaraunt without being hounded because everyone wants to race and everyone thinks they're a badass. I've enjoyed driving my Lexus for the past few months just because I can freely go anywhere and not have to worry about being made to look like I'm part of a group of reject 16yr olds who's sole purpose in life is to emulate Vin Diesel because they're all buzzing around me trying to start a race. Police don't hassle me because I blend in with everyone else, and I can even drive fast if need be without worry that I'm going to get pulled over because I'm not in a car that's become known for trouble. It's because these kids and the 'scene' became so popular and because 99% of them have about as much sense as a brick that laws like this have to be enforced. Domestic guys never have displayed the type of idiotic disregard for property and other commuter's lives so it was never a serious issue, even back in high school 15 years ago we were all fools but we did not drive like it and no one was into street racing and everything that has come from the import culture. It's gotten out of hand now and something has to be done, and with the kids getting stupider every year and the magazines, sporting events, TV, everything showing how cool it is to drive fast it's not going to get any better.
I think they should also pass a driving age of 21 in every state with a mandatory two year 'supervised' driving before you can even get a liscence. It's too easy to get one these days and with parents just handing over keys to anything a kid could want without any moderation or supervision they might as well strap timebombs in the backseats when they leave.
The only other way to stop it is to kill off everyone and start over from scratch. And I don't think that'd work very well.

Hate to burst your bubble but everyone these days act like idiots. Doesn't matter what the counry of origin their weaponR of choice is. I seen equal amounts of muscle car guys wanting to increase the length of their [censored] when all I want is a [censored] hamburger and fries.

Last I checked we lived in America where you're innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. This law is too vague and gives the police too much descretion.

Not surprising it's happening in "progressive" Califoria.

Good ole California

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1096/cpr4yu.jpg

killjoy
08-07-2005, 08:24 AM

Phax, sounds like you need to move to Texas. The first weekend of the month there is a gun show every month with anything you want. Its great since the clinton jackass ban ended too so now I can find a lot of hicap mags for my Glock.

This is one of the reasons that I moved from Maryland. Too much liberal bullchit. Can't carry a gun in the DC metro area, and thats where you need the one the most si9nce all the criminals have them. Texas is a little more "with my mindset."

nismodave
08-07-2005, 09:10 PM
As I've asked in previous posts...

Why would anyone want to live out there on the "left" coast? Why won't California hurry up and drop off the continent like they keep promising on Discovery Channel???

Fantastic quote!!!!!!!!!!

I love living in Wisconsin.......I got pulled over for expired plates in my 240......and the only thing I got was a warning.......

They wouldnt know an SR swap if it bit them in the ass here.

Loud exhaust here is a joke, becuse we have more Harleys here per Capita, and they are MUCH louder than the Imports with fart cans.

CORN
08-08-2005, 03:30 PM
that soo true 2slow240sx let that happen after i get out and back in texas http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TS4l
08-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Try living in Hickville Montana, the cop's pulled me over and asked if they could see under the hood. I thought I was in trouble but I wasn't even speeding. They were stoked and asked how fast it was. But then again the Sheriff here has a practically all out drag car he drives around town with his huge slicks on trying to race high school kids. Pretty cool when the cops challenge you to a race!

Not that I endorse street racing we just got a track last year so there was a 1 mile road that had no houses or side roads before that.

ManoNegra
08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
I was going to give a witty and sarcastic remark about how Texas is the birthplace
of the presidential hellspawn but I don't want to get shot... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Keep it low pro and don't drive like as ass, it's that simple.

steve shadows
08-08-2005, 05:17 PM
"window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers"

Wow they will be stopping most of the cars that aren't really modified in my book:) Pull over all the little Hondas that have a wing...LOL. You couldn't pay me to ever live in California. Ridiculous housing costs, emissions hell, Hate Republicans, hate guns, etc. Damn, I wouldn't even be able to walk down the street!

welcome to my world http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

When Im done with school Im moving.

invisibleman
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I bet SUV's kill more people every year than riceboys do, but we don't see cops busting out their tape measure and giving "dangerously high" tickets..

LOL, Moms and Dads drive crazier than their kids, that's right! Mad props for this !

By the way, living in California ain't cheap, I felt bad paying my income tax to government and help 'em bust my A$$ !

Dave562
08-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Keep it low pro and don't drive like as ass, it's that simple.

Unless you live in California. If you're driving the "wrong" kind of car, it doesn't even matter if you're driving in the slow lane. Case in point... I had to pick up a girl friend of mine at LAX. She had gone on vacation and left her 2002 Civic Si at my house, so I decided to drive it to pick her up. After picking her up we were merging onto the 105. I was only doing about 50mph because we had just merged and traffic was kind of heavy. A CHP officer passed us on the left. He was GLARING at us. The glare was so obvious that she even commented, "Did you see him glaring at us?"

I was driving slowly. The car was stock. It had tinted windows and that was it. But since it was a "nice" Civic Si, the CHP officer saw "street racer". And that's before the state spent FIVE MILLION dollars to train them to spot "street racers".

SoCalS14
08-09-2005, 10:47 AM
I find it troublesome, given the state's current budget, that such spending would even be sanctioned. If the police department wanted to "enforce" this sort of "profiling", it does not need to spend 5 million dollars to do so.

Some of you have made comments about Claifornia being progressive? Will I find that spending in this area is far to the opposite of such a label. Progressive would mean investing in our schools and economy, not you local rice boy.

Finally, I can now sleep better at night, knowing I sold my 240, bought a Jeep, and happily reside in Arizona.

Good luck fellas.

D_Money
08-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Government revenue at the expense of harmless freedoms glamorized as deadly by the medias portrayal of irresponsible young adults

awesome

next step- crack down on people that drink alcohol (profile for bar wrist bands, trendy shirts, out past 11 at night)?

steve shadows
08-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I just get behind people in the fast lane who arent going at leas 70 and sit on the horn until they move out of the way.

Everyone is like [censored] forced to pass on the right.

Beacuse SUVs the size of houses belting our way more emissions than even my race car with a single occupent driving it down the fast lane at 65 wont move out of the way!

Dave562
08-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Government revenue at the expense of harmless freedoms glamorized as deadly by the medias portrayal of irresponsible young adults

awesome

What?! The way that the media portrays things influences decision making at the highest levels of government?! I'm glad that I'm not the only person who realizes that.

steve shadows
08-09-2005, 02:55 PM

awesome

What?! The way that the media portrays things influences decision making at the highest levels of government?! I'm glad that I'm not the only person who realizes that.

yep. Specifically the over controlling the beuracratic part of the government cough micro managing cough...

this is getting pretty off topic. but realevent non the less for us big hp guys in CA. which last time is check is really small number in LA/OC/SD

robertp
08-10-2005, 02:37 PM
How does this affect out of state people, visiting friends and family? I have family in and around Sacramento, and I still plan on driving down to that racetrack sometime.(willow creek I think?)

As long as I'm quiet enough, and obviously driving under the speed limit, am I good? other then exhaust(HKS HiPer or Apexi N1), no visual modifications can be found.

steve shadows
08-10-2005, 04:12 PM
How does this affect out of state people, visiting friends and family? I have family in and around Sacramento, and I still plan on driving down to that racetrack sometime.(willow creek I think?)

As long as I'm quiet enough, and obviously driving under the speed limit, am I good? other then exhaust(HKS HiPer or Apexi N1), no visual modifications can be found.

yeah i guess if your car looks completly stock and your wearing a CHP baseball cap they wont pull you over.

MonkeyMagic
08-11-2005, 06:56 AM
there has to be a thousand better thing that $5million could be spent on. Like, oh I dont know...putting it in a paper bag and throwing it off the face of a cliff.

steve shadows
08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
there has to be a thousand better thing that $5million could be spent on. Like, oh I dont know...putting it in a paper bag and throwing it off the face of a cliff.

I also hate 5 ziggen typhoons would someone please F**n buy them off me.

Cops hate them too which means next time I get pulled over in the fast car they are just going to kick out my knees drop me to the ground and the smog nazi/bolshevics with shoot me in the back of the head with a standard issu PRC 9mm round. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SR_S14Zenki
08-11-2005, 10:28 AM
one of my buddies from where im from read this and sent an email to the state...sounds stupid but maybe if they get more of em they will realize that they are aiming for the wrong thing...

Dave562
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
one of my buddies from where im from read this and sent an email to the state...sounds stupid but maybe if they get more of em they will realize that they are aiming for the wrong thing...

I wish it were that easy. The reality of the situation is that they're aiming squarely at the right thing. What they're aiming at is easily generated revenue. The government is a business. To them $5 million is an investment. It's a training expense. They invest $5 million in training their officers to spot illegally modified vehicles. They figure that they are going to earn that back and then some in fines, impound fees and auctions.

I think we need to get a proposition on the ballet that says we can beat the [censored] out of politicans who pass legislation that is designed to generate revenue at the expense of the citizens. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave562
08-11-2005, 10:42 AM
And further more... there's no need to spend $5 million educating cops on how to pull over street racers. They do it already. If you're driving like a moron, sooner or later, you're going to get caught and you're going to get your car impounded. What the legislation is really doing is making it legal to conduct an illegal search and seizure. You can be obeying every law on the books, but if you fit a profile, they're going to pull you over.

RDM_II
08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
And further more... there's no need to spend $5 million educating cops on how to pull over street racers. They do it already. If you're driving like a moron, sooner or later, you're going to get caught and you're going to get your car impounded. What the legislation is really doing is making it legal to conduct an illegal search and seizure. You can be obeying every law on the books, but if you fit a profile, they're going to pull you over.

And there it is. While we can all agree that it's both wrong and unfair to warrant this type of law, those people who get pulled over, searched, and impounded are probably the ones breaking the law anyway, and that's what their target is. I don't think the mainstream intelligent 240 owners (the four or five left anyway http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif) are going to have an issue because they're smart enough to keep their car subdued and not drive like an idiot. There may be a lot of recourse from it but at least if the intial impact has an effect on the problems than the government can call it a success and move on to something else. Honestly if a law was passed like that here I'd be all for it and would try my hardest to help the law rid the streets of these kids. I'd even go as far as to tip off the police to any sort of activity I heard through the chain about import shows, events, races, etc. The 'community' won't get any better until it's rid of the crap that's stirring the water in the otherwise stagnant cesspool.
Another really good example of this type of enforcement working is the NOPI Nationals here in GA every year. Every city, county, and even state police officer in the surrounding area sits right outside the gates of Atlanta Motor Speedway all weekend long, and they make a killing pulling over and enforcing codes on nearly every single car that leaves. Is that fair? Probably not, but 99% of those cars have something illegal on them and they all leave the facility driving like fools, racing out the gates and competing all the way to the next red light. Why not take advantage of easily generated revenue like that? They'd be stupid not to.

killjoy
08-11-2005, 12:29 PM
RDM your sig brings back memories. Remind me to tell you about the kid climbing a bridge ladder at the lake when i was on the bridge when I was about 17. Its good.

steve shadows
08-11-2005, 02:12 PM

And there it is. While we can all agree that it's both wrong and unfair to warrant this type of law, those people who get pulled over, searched, and impounded are probably the ones breaking the law anyway, and that's what their target is. I don't think the mainstream intelligent 240 owners (the four or five left anyway http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif) are going to have an issue because they're smart enough to keep their car subdued and not drive like an idiot. There may be a lot of recourse from it but at least if the intial impact has an effect on the problems than the government can call it a success and move on to something else. Honestly if a law was passed like that here I'd be all for it and would try my hardest to help the law rid the streets of these kids. I'd even go as far as to tip off the police to any sort of activity I heard through the chain about import shows, events, races, etc. The 'community' won't get any better until it's rid of the crap that's stirring the water in the otherwise stagnant cesspool.
Another really good example of this type of enforcement working is the NOPI Nationals here in GA every year. Every city, county, and even state police officer in the surrounding area sits right outside the gates of Atlanta Motor Speedway all weekend long, and they make a killing pulling over and enforcing codes on nearly every single car that leaves. Is that fair? Probably not, but 99% of those cars have something illegal on them and they all leave the facility driving like fools, racing out the gates and competing all the way to the next red light. Why not take advantage of easily generated revenue like that? They'd be stupid not to.

thats nice but this decree is far too broad.

It is not an anti-idiot bill.

It is an anti-individuality order.

fsae_alum
08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Irony of ironies, co-worker of mine here in San Diego (who just moved here a month ago) was driving home on Tuesday evening from work. He was driving his lowered Integra 4 door down a surface street and not thinking anything of it, he pulled up at a stoplight with a SD cop in his right lane and a SD cop in his left lane. Sure enough, as soon as the light turns green, they pull him over for his bolt on POS muffler. He's got Texas plates and so they start grilling him over and over again on how long he has been in SD. They eventually tell him that if they see him 2 weeks from now with the same plates on his hooptie then they're going to throw every ticket they can think of at him.

Here's the irony....I've had Texas plates on my Mini for 7 months here in SD and not a single hassle. Drive by cops all day long left and right and nothing....(grabs screwdriver to go outside and change plates this very moment).

Irie_eyes
08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
California sounds so fun.
We just got this crappy bottle redemption BS.
You lose more money and it's less enviromentally friendly to recycle those bottles than it is to throw them away.