PDA

View Full Version : Wiseco piston and oil jet clearance??

jdm240witsr
08-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Ok i just picked up my 86.5mm Wiseco pistons from Matt @ import intelligence and he showed me something interesting. It was a Wiseco piston out of someone else's SR20DET that ran for about 20,000 miles till it cracked the skirt and broke the oil jet. He alerted me about the clearance problems and now im very curious about what i should do. ANYBODY have expierence or recomendations?? Could i dremmel the notches a little bigger for more clearance of the Jets?? Thanx!

jdm240witsr
08-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Anybody know anything?? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

champa
08-07-2005, 02:38 PM
take it to a machine shop and have them do it.

do you have pics of the wiseco pistons?

jdm240witsr
08-07-2005, 04:56 PM
it is at the machine shop, to get bored over.. yet im doing the rebuild. I was just curious to see if anyone else seen similar problems. And no i dont have pics right now... i can get some but i dont see why its needed. They do have notches in them tho.

champa
08-07-2005, 07:28 PM
just wanted to see what they look like compared to CP pistons.

rogoman
08-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Ok i just picked up my 86.5mm Wiseco pistons from Matt @ import intelligence and he showed me something interesting. It was a Wiseco piston out of someone else's SR20DET that ran for about 20,000 miles till it cracked the skirt and broke the oil jet. He alerted me about the clearance problems and now im very curious about what i should do.

When you build your motor, make sure there is enough piston-to-wall clearance. Just follow the manufacturer's recomendation. Forged pistons generally require more clearance then OEM cast pistons.

jdm240witsr
08-07-2005, 09:18 PM
When you build your motor, make sure there is enough piston-to-wall clearance. Just follow the manufacturer's recomendation. Forged pistons generally require more clearance then OEM cast pistons.

what does that have anything to do with what im talking about?! OIL JET to PISTON CLEARANCE IS MY WORRY!! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TS4l
08-08-2005, 09:36 AM
If you can psot a pic it would be great to see. I know my stock pistons had a cut out like you are describing, but my CP's the skirt is shorter and doesn't require that. I'd think you wouldn't want to just dremmel it as it would un-balance the piston. I would try and talk to Wiseco and see what they say. But I have also seen stock pistons break off the oil squirter when incorrectly installed so I would assume it was an error made by the builder. In my block it was broken and it turned out the idiot that built the old block put the bearings in backwards. Thats another benefit to building your own, you know exactly whats going on in there. I can't image that you'd have to modify the pistons.

jdm240witsr
08-08-2005, 04:59 PM
bearings in backwards?? with the oil hole and the little notch in them, how the fuke can you do that?? Ill get pics this week.. picking it all up from the machine shop tomorrow.

TS4l
08-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Thats exactly what I was wondering! Clearly the person who did the work was really smart! Do your Wiseco's have a natch cut out at all or do they have smaller skirts! CP's have smaller skirts which help also with less scuffing of the cylinder was at hot temps!