PDA

View Full Version : SR transmission upgrade ORDER SOON

Pages : 1 [2]

nismodave
10-14-2005, 02:09 PM
I cant wait to order my SR kit.

This guy is going to make a MINT. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

S14Redtop
10-14-2005, 06:57 PM
hey..no worries if people are getting impatient. I'm getting that way too... but as we all know, developing
and selling good quality products take a lot of time.

As I said before, the KA kits will likely become a reality, but AFTER the SR kit is released.

yea I WISH I was making mint. Like I said before..i'm like Don King..the promoter so probably not make ANY money off of it. I'd be happy with a kit at a discounted price( free).ha.

will keep everbody posted.

mark

evil510
10-16-2005, 01:22 AM
So is this Z32 tranny a T5 type?
Or is the SR tranny a T5 type?

Neither. The Z32 trans is an FS5R30A, the SR/KA trans is an FS5W71C.

Asad

Those are Nissan's codes for the tranny, but what are they based off of? The 84-86 manual turbos used a transmission based off of the Borg-Warner T-5 5 speed called the "FS5R90A". So do we know if the FS5R30A or the FS5W71C is T5 based?

Thanks!

steve shadows
10-16-2005, 01:30 AM
yeay ill finally have a tranny that wont get eaten by my freakin Q<<<<<<<<<<<<

PhatBob
10-18-2005, 01:49 AM
In the workshop manual they list something along the lines of Synchro type: Warner.

Which makes me thing that its a derivative of the T5 or the T5 internals.

Rob

Fireplug
10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
I need this upgrade...status check on availability...it's pretty much the end of the month!!! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

killjoy
10-25-2005, 08:06 AM
The longer it goes makes me think that it might just go away and be forgotten. I ope it doesn't turn into one of those victims of your own success things where there is so much demand he can't make them all.

S14Redtop
10-25-2005, 09:15 AM
TRUST ME!!!! IT'S NOT GOING AWAY!!

but there is nothing else to add at this point until production gets done. In addition, you're probably right
i don't know if we will get every order taken care of this first run around. As you can imagine it takes a lot of money for the production costs. If they aren't quite as popular as we think they are going to be, then they would sit on the shelf...NOT good for business. But rest assured they are being worked on and in fact I will call Mazworx to give you guys an update. Remember....i'm patiently awaiting my kit as well.!

mark

S14Redtop
10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
I talked to Mark from Mazworx yesterday and the production is going well. They had been working on the brackets this week and are waiting on some parts that were outsourced. We will have an order sheet in about 1 week and will be ready to take orders.

thanks

mark

fastsil80
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Hadn't read this in a while, but has a price been set yet? Can't wait to get this, just trashed my 2nd tranny, i got lucky and found a '90 300zx tranny for 100bux hell yeah!!!

S14Redtop
11-01-2005, 09:15 PM
daaamn..nice price on the tranny. I suspect the price will
go up when the junk yards start realizing the trannies are going to be in higher demand. The price isn't completely set yet, until all the parts are made and production costs are figured out. They will likely be somewhat more expensive than orginally projected, since there will be a one piece drive shaft, a shifter, and a couple of other new fabricated pieces to make the kit better.

updates soon

mark

vosko
11-01-2005, 09:35 PM
sorry if this was posted already but i was just curious about this and did a search for the pn# of the trans and found this

http://www.z31.com/transmission.shtml

excerpt

"The king daddy of the Z31 manual transmissions is the FS5R30A. This transmission is the same design as the transmission used in the Z32 300ZX models. Only the gear ratios are different. There are Z32s running these transmissions with well over 600 horsepower and are not blowing them up."

fastsil80
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
daaamn..nice price on the tranny. I suspect the price will
go up when the junk yards start realizing the trannies are going to be in higher demand. The price isn't completely set yet, until all the parts are made and production costs are figured out. They will likely be somewhat more expensive than orginally projected, since there will be a one piece drive shaft, a shifter, and a couple of other new fabricated pieces to make the kit better.

updates soon

mark

aight cool, just keep us posted

hapanesse
11-02-2005, 12:03 AM
forgive me for losing track of this post and getting confused on how this process works for the upgraded trans. from what i understand, we have to ship the 300zx bellhousing to XXXXXX so that they can weld the sr adapter plate to the tranny? then they send it back to you? just wondering because i live very far away, so im hoping that i understand wrong, lol.

thank you very much

MazworxRaceSupply
11-07-2005, 04:09 PM
this isn't dying - final plans are being put into place to begin taking orders - will give a more complete update ASAP

James

Angel
11-07-2005, 04:39 PM
this isn't dying - final plans are being put into place to begin taking orders - will give a more complete update ASAP

James

Cool! It's James! Not to worry gentlemen, James will see to it that this happens http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cwdmark
11-07-2005, 07:14 PM
its not dying peeps... i know s14mark personally, he will get it done. his motor just got ripped apart for a full rebuild, the tranny is a big piece of his project. he is in constant communication with mazworx.

-s13mark =)

killjoy
11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Lets close this thread and make a new one when it is done.

S14Redtop
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Ok...so here's the deal. The final details are being worked out in terms of pricing and how orders will be taken and delivered. The best option we have come up with is that the customer finds their own tranny and just ships the bellhousing to Mazworkx. The idea has been thrown around that ENTIRE (including tranny) kits would be available..but there is too much liability in getting trannies that might not be in the best condition. So for ALL those interested...i would suggest sourcing your tranny if you have not already.

I will be contacting the first 10 people that I heard from for a special offer and we'll go from there for the rest of the orders.

Lets take a vote...should we close this thread and start a new one when it's done? It makes no difference to me.

The parts are in final stages of completion..with the brackets getting powder coated as we speak.

Mark

email fi1848@hotmail.com RE: tranny upgrade...for more specific questions.

redhanded
11-08-2005, 03:39 AM
hopefully ill be in the top 10 that contacted you, being that i showed interest in the first page about 7-10 posts down. when do you think you can let us know on who are the people that will have first dibs?

S14Redtop
11-08-2005, 06:47 AM
hopefully ill be in the top 10 that contacted you, being that i showed interest in the first page about 7-10 posts down. when do you think you can let us know on who are the people that will have first dibs?

not to worry....PM sent http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mark

alex_kors
11-08-2005, 02:15 PM
i hope i was one of the first 10 i still i want in on this! i will start looking for a tranny this week.

S14Redtop
11-08-2005, 04:22 PM
on the list Alex..

mark

OrangeCrush
11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
What about the poor bastards in Canada? I'm very interested as I was feeling I was going to have to resort to a G-Force tranny or equivalant. So this Z32 tranny upgrade is great in my eyes. Anyways, is everyone who is so far away suppose to ship a couple hundred pound tranny to you, then you include the kit then have it shipped back? It's like $1000 by the time it's done. I'm not complaining by any stretch and money isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned. I'm just curious. Or can you ship the kits out alone? Maybe a machine shop up here will clear up anything that needs to be done?

In_DET
11-08-2005, 10:38 PM
How long after the 1st ten will the next batch be released. I live in Fl and my tranny is in need of replacing, I'd rather do this than another SR trans.

Kookz
11-08-2005, 11:00 PM
You would just be shipping the bellhousing, which should be less than 20 lbs.

S14Redtop
11-09-2005, 01:41 PM
What about the poor bastards in Canada? I'm very interested as I was feeling I was going to have to resort to a G-Force tranny or equivalant. So this Z32 tranny upgrade is great in my eyes. Anyways, is everyone who is so far away suppose to ship a couple hundred pound tranny to you, then you include the kit then have it shipped back? It's like $1000 by the time it's done. I'm not complaining by any stretch and money isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned. I'm just curious. Or can you ship the kits out alone? Maybe a machine shop up here will clear up anything that needs to be done?

Like it's been mentioned earlier on this post..the only thing needed to ship is the bellhousing which will be machined and sent back along with all of the rest of the the gear.

I don't think it would be a problem sending them to canada.

Oh and there will be more than just 10 in the first batch. There will be about 20...but the first 10 then replied will get a discounted price.
mark

Angel
11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Where am I at on the list ?? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom_Tom_240
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
S14Redtop - Email Sent

Thanks

MazworxRaceSupply
11-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Where am I at on the list ?? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dead last - right behind nero http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif j/k

from what i know there are a couple of parts that are still waiting to be finished - would like to have the majority of the kit ready to ship before pre-orders are taken but ideally we can start the process in the next 1-2 business days - Mark from MazWorx has already completed the form for purchase that will need to accompany any bellhousing being shipped for the machining

and for the international customers - you will be accomodated to the best of our ability - we have access to several different shipping methods and will work with you on a case by case basis to get your needs taken care of

we don't want anyone to not have an opportunity to run this great product that is why the majority of the retail sales will come directly from MazWorx to ensure quality control and prompt ship times although we are looking into opportunities for dealers to sell this product as well as other MazWorx products that are in the R&D process.

James

Tom_Tom_240
11-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I am not 100% sure as of who i need to speak to
i do know there are a couple ppl working on this project.

here is an email i sent to s14redtop

Hello

I am Extremely! interested in the Tranny upgrade.

I have already sourced out a couple Trannys
And would like to know if I could possible be on the
list of the first ppl to get this opportunity

Once you confirm that i am able to get the kit
(Understand only 10 are being maid right now)

Then i can order the tranny, and await when it all is
completed

Thanks
Tom

S14Redtop
11-09-2005, 06:59 PM
actually there will be about 20 kits in the first run...but the first 10 customers that replied on this thread will be entitled to a discount.

mark

nismodave
11-09-2005, 10:05 PM
input please

mark

Get it made.........Cash in hand.

alex_kors
11-10-2005, 02:40 AM
actually there will be about 20 kits in the first run...but the first 10 customers that replied on this thread will be entitled to a discount.

mark

hey mark did you get my last PM?

alex.

blkwidw96
11-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Are these ready or if not how much longer is estimated before release? If they are ready who do we contact to order the mazworks sight is down

cwdmark
11-10-2005, 06:46 AM
i think you contact s14mark, since he's the one who started all of this. i don't know who "james" is or where he came from.. he never introduced himself, im guessing he's from mazworx but im not sure.

S14Redtop
11-10-2005, 08:44 AM
For the time being..you can contact me for info, but when the ordering starts, there will be an order sheet that will be provided and the orders will be fulfilled through Mazworks

Angel
11-10-2005, 09:17 AM
i think you contact s14mark, since he's the one who started all of this. i don't know who "james" is or where he came from.. he never introduced himself, im guessing he's from mazworx but im not sure.

James works at Mazworx, he is a rude bastard to be sure, but he has good intentions.

James - Don't you dare lump me in with Nero! He's too good for his old scool buds now http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MazworxRaceSupply
11-10-2005, 09:48 AM

i apologize, i will be working with mazworx shortly - i was just introducing new information so that those worried about this dying can be comforted that it is not

S14Redtop - is the go to man currently on answering any questions, but as i will also through my $.02 when needed - the pre-order sale should begin shortly

James Innes

Tom_Tom_240
11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
I think I will go ahead and get the tranny this week
So I hope one of those kits have my name

All of the Z32 bolts up the same right?
What years came with the Dual syncros?

S14Redtop
11-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I think I will go ahead and get the tranny this week
So I hope one of those kits have my name

All of the Z32 bolts up the same right?
What years came with the Dual syncros?

I haven't found any direct info from nissan about which
ones have the dual synchros, but from research on the
Z websites, the 93 and up TT trannies have the dual synchros. Honestly though..i'm going to take my chances with a NA
Z32 tranny from an earlier model year.

thanks for the reply James.

mark

S14Redtop
11-11-2005, 12:25 AM
OK...couple of updates. The order form will be ready to go within the next 24-48 hours. The details of what needs to be sent to where will be outlined very clearly...as will what comes in the kit.

The official price will be 925$ plus shipping...which now includes the 1 piece driveshaft and shifter...along with all miscelaneous hardware/brackets/machine work.

Lastly...the discount pricing structure will be expanded to include more people, to make it fair to those that have followed this thread from the beginning. These details will also be outlined soon.

thanks again for all the support from the SR community. It's truly a great thing to see this thing progress from a mere dream/idea 3 months ago..to coming so close to reality!

will look forward to hearing from you soon

mark

hernameissilvia
11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Holy shiet,
Mazworx is like a mile from my work. Im on t.g. lee blvd.
talk about strange.
Sorry, back on topic.

Angel
11-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Just a small almost irrelevant update. I dropped my car off to Mazworx today so that he could give everything a once over and finalize some final nice additional details that should improve the final product. Mostly dealing with nvh type stuff.

SR20DEBT
11-11-2005, 03:34 PM
The details of what needs to be sent to where will be outlined very clearly...as will what comes in the kit.

... The official price will be 925$ plus shipping...which now includes the 1 piece driveshaft and shifter...along with all miscelaneous hardware/brackets/machine work.

Mark, I think it's time for a new thread for the final product. Pix and details because this thread is loooong http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

S14Redtop
11-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Mark, I think it's time for a new thread for the final product. Pix and details because this thread is loooong http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

done...

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=68026580&page= 0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

nismodave
11-13-2005, 06:54 PM
WOW....close to a grand plus shipping???

This might not be feasable for me now.

S14Redtop
11-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Well it's actually closer to 800$ + shipping with the discount, but like it was mentioned before you get the drive shaft and shifter which are both necessities. This is most of the difference in cost between now and the original estimation.

thanks
mark

nismodave
11-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Well it's actually closer to 800$ + shipping with the discount, but like it was mentioned before you get the drive shaft and shifter which are both necessities. This is most of the difference in cost between now and the original estimation.

thanks
mark

I think its a great package and sounds like a great upgrade but unfortunately Im not going to able to afford the Kit until after the NEW YEAR, due to some financail things goin on. So hence I will not be able to get discount. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BlackBomber
11-15-2005, 07:49 PM
WOW....close to a grand plus shipping???

This might not be feasable for me now.

For anyone who has researched Tranny solutions this is obviously a great deal. Especially considering how much power the z32 trans can hold in stock form. others have been adapted but cost way more than this setup and usually don't maintain the similar gearing like the z32 tranny does.

S14Redtop
11-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Agreed Jay...that was my entire reason for pushing to get this kit done. There really is NOTHING out there at a reasonable cost for tranny upgrades. And with the new project i'm working on (hehehe) I'll need it.

Dave...when you are ready to get the kit get a hold of me and maybe we can work something out. I know you've been following this for a while.

mark

alex_kors
11-19-2005, 06:12 PM
hey mark hit me up i still want this i sent you a pm but im not sure if you got it.

alex.

S14Redtop
11-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Alex...i sent you a PM just now.

On another note...the parts are complete. Everything is powder coated and ready to go. Check out the following pic. The only thing not included in the pic is the machined bellhousing and the upgraded driveshaft!

let me know what you think

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/DSC01324.jpg

thanks

Mark

MazworxRaceSupply
11-23-2005, 12:32 AM
a lot of people showed interest during the development of the adapter kit but we haven't received many orders at all yet taking advantage of the 10% off retail special that will last only till the end of November

does any one have any lingering questions that we could clear up?

we really want to give everyone that was loyal to watching the development from idea to prototype to production unit a chance to get in on this great deal

James
Orders@Mazworx.com
407-281-1223

redhanded
11-23-2005, 12:54 AM
im def interested. would like to know how much shippin would be to 96816. i sent an email a few days ago, but i didnt get a response back. please let me know, thanks

MazworxRaceSupply
11-23-2005, 12:59 AM
hrmm, not sure why you didn't get a response - either email me at orders@mazworx.com or post your email address and i will get you the information ASAP, thanks

James

Option
11-23-2005, 01:59 AM
Im interested but im having trouble sourcing a nice tranny in good condition to use with the conversion...

Also i would like to see someone with S14 get pictures with the trans installed, too see where the shifter would sit... the S13 pictures appear to have changed the shifter position fairly substantialy.

ItzGenX
11-23-2005, 08:37 AM
My order has been faxed and bell housing has been sent yesterday. Does anyone know where I can get that shifter rod that goes to the shift lever? Mine got cut in half when they removed it from a car via blow torch (bastards). It's the shaft that controls gear shifts. I could reweld the missing portion, but I do not know the position alignment, length, position and size of holes, etc.

S14Redtop
11-23-2005, 09:33 AM
couple of options I guess.
1) You can go back to the place where they got the tranny and have it replaced.
2) If you had the tranny shipped to you, you might be able to have the junk yard source the part and send it.
3) Find another tranny and take it off there.
4) Or go to the dealer and order the part.

mark

nismodave
11-25-2005, 03:00 PM
I definatly want the upgrade and Im sure many other people do to.

#1-Its the Holidays and $$ is short for alot of people including me.

#2-We have to find z32 trannys.

#3- It is a tad more than originally thought it would be.

I still will buy one as soon as my cash is right.

S14Redtop
11-25-2005, 04:06 PM
thanks Dave

i understand it's the holiday season. Maybe people's
significant others would like to get them this very
special gift. haha http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the kits will be here...so if you can't buy right now, its
ok. I'm sure we'll be able to get you one when you're ready.

happy Thanksgiving all

mark

shoes59
10-31-2006, 09:36 AM
does any one have any lingering questions that we could clear up?

Probably already covered but with so many replies it's difficult to find answers without reading this entire thread.

Any increase in NVH over a stock SR tranny using this kit? Does the change in the shifter position still allow the use of the stock trim pieces?

IDR46
05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi Guys,

First up sorry for bumping up a old thread, Im located in Australia and have ordered a kit from mazworx, cant wait to get it here and take it to the track.

The reason im writing this is to ask the people that have got them now a few questions about it, in a s13 does the shifter hit the radio surround at the bottom corner? When you install the adapter to the block should you remove the sandwhich plate that normally goes between block and trany?

Thanks for the info

Shane

sohc4now
05-14-2007, 11:26 PM
guuday mate

email mazworx

IDR46
05-15-2007, 03:22 AM
I wanted to get some feed back from people that have the kit, plus I think James is sick of me annoying him :P

S14_James
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I kept mine, but the bolts did not have enough thread engagement, I feed that back to Mazworks and told them you could add a few mm to the bolts and not have any problems. Also before you install it you can line another hole in the trans housing to a place on your oil pan. You can drill and tap it there and add another bolt location for a total of 6.
The other problem is that the bracket for the shifter could use some more bracing because the shifter ends up feeling alittle loose due to flexing in the shifter assembly.
In my S14 I could no put my shifter bezel back on due to the shifter sitting farther back in the trans tunnel. It ends up back and towards the drivers die.
-James

IDR46
05-15-2007, 07:43 PM
s14 James thanks very much for your comments that was exactly what I was asking for, the sandwhich plate between gearbox and block, remove it or keep it? If you remove it im guessing you would get the gearbox another say 2-3mm closer to the engine?

1QUICK4
06-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Lots of great info in this thread. Found out everything I needed to know.

The only question I have is how are the out put shafts in the z32 tranny's holding up? I keep snapping the output shaft in KA and SR trannys. I run 26x8.5x15 slicks at the track. I'm just worried about spending $1500 and being back where I was.

Zero4SPL
06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh brought back from the dead! j/k The output shaft is a 30 spline compared to a 24 spline. We were hitting 1.32 60's without breaking it. So I think you will not have a problem. The next weak spot you will find is the axles.

1QUICK4
06-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh brought back from the dead! j/k The output shaft is a 30 spline compared to a 24 spline. We were hitting 1.32 60's without breaking it. So I think you will not have a problem. The next weak spot you will find is the axles.

Thanks, yea I have spare axles, broken a few of those already. Currently searching for a local z32 tranny and you can bet that i'll be calling you guys soon.

TS4l
06-30-2008, 05:51 PM
If your a Baller just pick up the Mazworx axles and then you'll never have to worry about breaking another axle ever again!

spanishricer
06-30-2008, 07:46 PM
If your a Baller just pick up the Mazworx axles and then you'll never have to worry about breaking another axle ever again!

What about blowing the modified output shafts then?

Zero4SPL
07-01-2008, 08:22 AM
When you have severe wheel hop, you are prone to break anything in the drivetrain. Our car and the PRL car has never broken one of those in 2 yrs. Point is, don't launch an 850hp car on drag radials.