PDA

View Full Version : SR transmission upgrade ORDER SOON

Pages : [1] 2

S14Redtop
08-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I have been researching options for Tranny upgrades for the SR for some time without success. I am on my 3rd SR tranny as I'm sure many of you are and frankly i'm kinda sick of it. I have decided against the T56 or C4 or other american trannies for various reasons.

I was recently introduced to a guy who owns a company that does custom work for race cars and he offered to work with me to figure out a solution for the Z32 trans bolted to an SR. I feel this would be the best solution as the Z32 trannies are readily available and considerably cheaper than the beefy version of the T56, as well as being built to hold 600+hp. Also this swap is somewhat common in japan albeit with the Skyline trans (same thing). To date, the project has come quite far and we are at the point of assembling the modified Z32 trans and test fitting it to and SR.

I'm starting this thread to see how many people would be interested and what people would like to see from this swap. Cost will be around 500..if you supply your own bellhousing as a core and kit will include new tranny mount, bellhousing and all hardware. The kit will allow you to use the stock clutch, but a modified driveshaft will be necessary.

Anyway..i'm really excited about getting this done, so anybody interested..hit me up.

thanks
m

Kouki14
08-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Why not just get an os cross mission?

S14Redtop
08-07-2005, 07:26 PM
price, labor to get it installed, availability, the gears are close ratio which are not ideal for street use, as well as just the inherent strenght of the Z32 trans, versus just a 2/3 gear set.

but no doubt, still an option and a good one at that. I"m jsut looking for something different and gauging interest.

m

Kouki14
08-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Just fyi for all. THe cross mission that i put in lengthened my gearing in my car. In third gear i was going over 110 mph. From stock to the OS mission there is a considerable change in gearing. Also they make a Full cross mision minus reverse.

S14_James
08-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I would like to k now more about it, I would love to be able to get a Z32 trans to fit as long as it doesn't mess up the position of the shifter, I'm not sur ehow long mine will last since I can hear the bearings in my going to hell.
-James

S14Redtop
08-07-2005, 08:23 PM
what's up james...it's mark from Cleveland. The dude said that it seems as though the shifter will be pushed backed less than an inch, but until it's actually rigged into the car it's hard to say. That is my big concern as well.

I'll let you know more as I found out. I'm talking to him this wednesday for an update and possible mounting in an S13.

How much is an OS crossmission?

m

ninja_nips
08-07-2005, 08:32 PM
So, we would have to send our sr bell housing, or the z32 bell housing? Does the 500 cover the z32 internals? I am a bit confused, but it sounds like we give you our sr bell housing and you get us a new (rebuilt?) z32 6 speed to bolt to our SRs.

$500 + drive shaft, is that all?

Sounds like something I would be interested in eventually doing.

S14Redtop
08-07-2005, 08:38 PM
let me clarify. You would source a Z32 trans yourself. In fact the guy working on the swap just bought one for 250$ to make the first swap. Then send your Z32 bellhousing to him as a core and he would send you one that is complete, along with a new tranny mount and all the hardware that is necessary. The service to modify the Z32 housing to bolt to the SR motor, the fabrication of the new tranny mount and hardware is what would be around 500$.

Most people with SR's won't need to do this swap but if you are already over 400whp, or planning on abusing your car at the track/drift..a tranny upgrade will be necessary

m

ninja_nips
08-07-2005, 08:50 PM
k...aaahhhh, yeah...no, no...I'm a moron.
thanks

s13SRmadness
08-07-2005, 09:29 PM
sounds awesome. where were you guys like 3 years ago when i would have jumped all over this???

S14Redtop
08-07-2005, 09:38 PM
why 3 years ago...what have YOU done to fix your tranny issues?

m

redhanded
08-07-2005, 10:23 PM
please email me at toofknbad@msn.com and let me know the details. how soon will all this happeneing? i would like to jump on this asap. thanks

alex_kors
08-07-2005, 11:43 PM
im very interested as well, as long as those z32 trannys can handle some abuse then i would definetly buy one as i am looking into buying a OS gearset now. what i like about this idea is that parts are readily avaiable and any tranny shop can fix it if need be instead of waiting 3 weeks for OS parts. what are you guys doing about the driveshaft? would we have to get a custom one made up?

Homer_Simpson
08-08-2005, 12:06 AM
If it works I would gladly put out $500 for it, its a lot cheaper than what some of the Australian companies are charging for it.

Ovrated
08-08-2005, 12:07 AM
im in there like swim wear.
here is what i would like to see...

a tranny that can fit with the shifter in the stock location.
the ability to run the stock slave cyl
if this is going to be sold as a kit. make it a 1 stop kit, include ALL nessasary parts, as far as driveline, bolts, fittings, ETC.
since going with a MUCH beefier tranny. find a MUCH beefier clutch to hold the power.

then i woudl be all over it!!

S14_James
08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Hey mark whats up, I'm prolly going to come up there soon with the car, I'm thinking the weekend of the 27th.
The OS Giken transmission parts, which switch out the main shaft and you can get gears 1-3 and option on the 5th cost about $2000.00 then you have to pay someone to install all that hardware.
This thing going to use the SR20 clutch I imagine.
If he needs an S14 for a test car I can help him out.
-James

Brad
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
id be all over this if it came as a kit and tested well. honestly id rather just source another SR tranny than bolt on a hack job of a Z32 tranny (not saying yours is but you know)

but for that price its a steal

and to the guy talking about os giken stuff...get real we are in america. even if we could buy the actual parts for a good price, shipping and install would be murder

killjoy
08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey Mark, hope this works out as there have been many similar attempts and they just kind of fizzle out.

Though not an immediate need for me, my sr tranny is pretty crappy so would like to upgrade and be proactive.

kovert
08-08-2005, 01:03 PM
i think im just going to make an adapter plate..and figure out the rest of the issues on my own. should cost about $400 including the cost of the tranny if i go that route. better than $500+250+misc nuts and bolts or whatever..atleast in my opinion.

cwdmark
08-08-2005, 02:33 PM
good luck mark, i'll also let you know how this turns out http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif his exedy twin is killing sr trannys, not to mention the fact that he can never run slicks at the track with the stock sr tranny.

id do this, .. but, .. figuring out if i want to keep the sr motor http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif the reliability factor is killing me.

S14Redtop
08-08-2005, 02:50 PM
thanks for all the responses.

First off let me just say that those that have have seen my car can attest there is no "hack" job on it..and i assure you this vital piece of the mechanics will not be the first. So that is why I'll test the kit and if it sux, i'm not running it either and will not endorse it.

Secondly..i know there are other options but in my extensive research I have NOT found any feasible nor reasonably priced option to fix this issue with our swaps and I certainly don't see anything in the pipeline. I'm not doing this for my financial gain...all I want is a reliable upgrade so I don't need to buy trannies every 2 months, which I assure you will cost WAY more than 500$ in the long run.

In terms of when the kits will be available..i can't really say. We are having another conversation later this week to see how far the kit has come and hopefully within a week be ready for fitment.

thanks

m

Homer_Simpson
08-08-2005, 03:04 PM
i think im just going to make an adapter plate..and figure out the rest of the issues on my own. should cost about $400 including the cost of the tranny if i go that route. better than $500+250+misc nuts and bolts or whatever..atleast in my opinion.

After some searching on the Australian forums, some people were sucessful with the adaptor plate method to use the RB25DET tranny on the SR. The trouble that they were having was that a special clutch package was needed, so at the end the clutch costs more than hacking up and welding the bellhousing. And with the cuting and welding method the regular cluth could be use, according to the Australians.

BlackBomber
08-08-2005, 04:27 PM
thanks for all the responses.

First off let me just say that those that have have seen my car can attest there is no "hack" job on it..and i assure you this vital piece of the mechanics will not be the first. So that is why I'll test the kit and if it sux, i'm not running it either and will not endorse it.

Secondly..i know there are other options but in my extensive research I have NOT found any feasible nor reasonably priced option to fix this issue with our swaps and I certainly don't see anything in the pipeline. I'm not doing this for my financial gain...all I want is a reliable upgrade so I don't need to buy trannies every 2 months, which I assure you will cost WAY more than 500$ in the long run.

In terms of when the kits will be available..i can't really say. We are having another conversation later this week to see how far the kit has come and hopefully within a week be ready for fitment.

thanks

m

will you be able to verify fitment on both the s13 and s14 chassis? I'm assuming it will be the same since the s13 and s14 trannies are the same.

S14Redtop
08-08-2005, 05:30 PM
yes..i am absolutely going to get fitment on both the S13 and 14. The shifter position is going to be the same on both since as you pointed out the trannies are the same. My big concern is how much room there will be in the well between the trans and the body. But like i said, we'll try fitment over the next week hopefully and get things moving.

mark

cwdmark
08-08-2005, 05:51 PM
s13 will most likely involve banging out the chassis tunnel from what i remember.

yea mark's car isn't a hack job for sure... drool is usually accompanied with looking at his bay http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

minime
08-08-2005, 06:01 PM
i'd be interested after i see the results of the test and what else is required.

Kouki14
08-08-2005, 09:44 PM
and to the guy talking about os giken stuff...get real we are in america. even if we could buy the actual parts for a good price, shipping and install would be murder

Uhh i first bought mine when i was in America there smart guy

fat200sx
08-09-2005, 06:23 AM
In Australia there are many people using a RB25DET box behind a sr20det. You need to weld the front of the SR bell housing to the rb25 belhousing so that it bolts up correctly. You also need to use the rb yoke from the rb and modify the tailshaft. you can use standard sr clutch with this upgrade. Apparenlty good for up to 700hp. There are a few people making up proper sr-rb bell housings for around $500 Aussie. Around US$300.

Yellow4g63
08-09-2005, 05:51 PM
The real problem is the price of the RB25DET tranny. It's like 1k last time I saw one for sale. The RB25DE tranny is alot cheaper but it's like the RB20DET one.

Brad
08-09-2005, 07:55 PM

ok where did you get it and how much did you pay? if you are telling people they should get them instead of sometihng else, at least give some more info

it just sounded like a 16 year old kid opening an option mag and throwing a random gearbox out

Kouki14
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM

ok where did you get it and how much did you pay? if you are telling people they should get them instead of sometihng else, at least give some more info

it just sounded like a 16 year old kid opening an option mag and throwing a random gearbox out

Yahoo japan auctions. That place is awesome for all kinds of parts. And just for the record i have owned a trust 5 speed dogmission, an HKS 6 speed tranny and 2 OS gearboxes. For the money the OS is the way to go hands down. Unless you can get this z32 idea off the ground.

alex_kors
08-09-2005, 10:11 PM
you can get OS gear sets through SPL parts...

S14Redtop
08-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Well if somebody can get the blueprints from Australia
for this swap that would be great. If not, I guess we'll
just have to wait until this project gets done. In terms of the OS giken gearset..i'm sure it's great but there is NO way you can get that done for 500-700$..maybe 1500$ if you get the parts quick.
I really would love to get the HKS sequential..but for 4000$ slightly ridiculous...

mark

S14_James
08-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I need more info on that sequential dude, I'd think about taking out a loan on my car to get that. PM
-James

S14Redtop
08-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Spoke with the fabricator and he has the adaptor plate
made up already and has bolted it to an SR!! Starter fits, input shaft is the same and clutch fits. He actually said that the bellhousing is A LOT smaller than the SR and does not have that huge flange at the outside which plagues us while doing tranny swaps. He still has to work on the shifter and making the trans mount, but it's coming along. He will send pics later tonight and I will post them upon receipt.

mark

S14Redtop
08-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Ok...here are some of the firs pics.
The plate looks awesome. Very high quality!
I sent some followup questions to him and will relay the responses soon.

Z32 bellhousing bolted to SR block
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/DSC01216.jpg

closeup of plate

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/DSC01218.jpg

Z32 trans on bottom compared to an SR trans above with the OS giken Crossmission....compare the width and thickness of gears.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/DSC01219.jpg

input please

mark

Kouki14
08-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I really would love to get the HKS sequential..but for 4000$ slightly ridiculous...

mark

The HKS sequential is 12g's not 4g's. You can get a used HKS dog for 4g's though

Homer_Simpson
08-10-2005, 07:34 PM
That looks great, if all goes well I'm going to have some cash for this by the time you're finish.

SRENITY
08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Looks really good. Once the finished product is up and going, I probably would buy one if it remains at the $500 index.

BlackBomber
08-10-2005, 07:49 PM
That looks great, if all goes well I'm going to have some cash for this by the time you're finish.

i agree. looks like a very viable solution. How is the gearing in the z32 compared to the sr tranny?

redhanded
08-10-2005, 08:01 PM
looks good. if it stays in the 500ish range, put me first on the list, ill grab one asap. here in hawaii we dont got much options or resources, so this is a dream come true, lol.

but seriously, if everything fits and lines up, im game for it.

thank you

S14Redtop
08-10-2005, 09:23 PM
well i'm glad we're getting some interest...and yes my fabricator assures me it will be around 500 for the kit.

Ok..i had a good question about the pics on another forum. They asked what about the bolts from the tranny to the oilpan. Well if you look at the top pic VERY carefully...preferably magnified, you will see that the bellhousing has a notch in it, where the top 1/2 or so is machined out for the adapter plate. I believe the bottom of the bellhousing might bolt to the pan directly. I'll get confirmation on this though.

surprisingly the gearing of the Z32 is very close to the SR.
Z32... Gear ratios are: 1st 3.21, 2nd 1.93, 3rd 1.30, 4th 1.00, 5th 0.75 for the manual.

SR...1st 3.321, 2nd 1.902, 3rd 1.308, 4th 1.00, 5th 0.759
mark

alex_kors
08-10-2005, 09:42 PM
i am very down for this, i want one, as long as you can use the SR clutch count me in for one. will buy as soon as its ready!

Kouki14
08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Any word on how far back the shifter will sit?

cwdmark
08-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Any word on how far back the shifter will sit?

the way they are constructing it, it will sit exactly where the stock shifter sits.

looks great mark. i think your guinea pig effort will pay off. looks like i might be doing this come winter time.

S14Redtop
08-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

Ok..the shifter will sit within 1 inch back of where the stock shifter is. Overall this won't make any difference. But we won't know FOR sure until he gets a shifter bolted up. The trans he got did not come with the shifter assembly but he's got another shifter on the way.

In terms of the bolts, he told me that only top of the trans would be bolted to the block. The bottom bolts are not necessary. He used to be the driver for Titan Motorsports in 2003 and they have 1300hp supras with only 4 bolts holding the trans to the motor..so for our purposes this should be fine. The bellhousing is machined such that when the adaptor plate is in place the bottom of the trans will be flush with the motor.

ok..more to come later

mark

Kouki14
08-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Are you going to offer a driveshaft also?

Angel
08-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Ok..the shifter will sit within 1 inch back of where the stock shifter is. Overall this won't make any difference. But we won't know FOR sure until he gets a shifter bolted up. The trans he got did not come with the shifter assembly but he's got another shifter on the way.

In terms of the bolts, he told me that only top of the trans would be bolted to the block. The bottom bolts are not necessary. He used to be the driver for Titan Motorsports in 2003 and they have 1300hp supras with only 4 bolts holding the trans to the motor..so for our purposes this should be fine. The bellhousing is machined such that when the adaptor plate is in place the bottom of the trans will be flush with the motor.

ok..more to come later

mark

Which driver for Titan?

S14Redtop
08-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Mark Mazurowski who is now the president of Mazworx.

About the driveshaft. Those will be offered also, but we're going to wait on that b/c there are many different potential sizes that people would need. Depending on if the car has ABS, what motor in what car and so on. What will happen is you would have to measure the size of driveshaft, then we can get on custom made ~200-250.
But who knows..maybe the stock Z32 would fit too..or can be modified. We just haven't looked into it yet.

mark

Nikeboy355
08-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Very interesting and potentially interested... can't wait to see it all bolted up there...

ItzGenX
08-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I haven't been back on the boards for a while, and I am glad I decided to come back and check on topics. A stronger tranny is what I have been looking into for the longest. I for one am interested also.

SequenceGarage
08-12-2005, 12:17 AM
well i'm glad we're getting some interest...and yes my fabricator assures me it will be around 500 for the kit.

Ok..i had a good question about the pics on another forum. They asked what about the bolts from the tranny to the oilpan. Well if you look at the top pic VERY carefully...preferably magnified, you will see that the bellhousing has a notch in it, where the top 1/2 or so is machined out for the adapter plate. I believe the bottom of the bellhousing might bolt to the pan directly. I'll get confirmation on this though.

surprisingly the gearing of the Z32 is very close to the SR.
Z32... Gear ratios are: 1st 3.21, 2nd 1.93, 3rd 1.30, 4th 1.00, 5th 0.75 for the manual.

SR...1st 3.321, 2nd 1.902, 3rd 1.308, 4th 1.00, 5th 0.759
mark

This looks absolutly fantastic. Bell housing is a bit bigger than an SR, will it hit the downpipe on an SR or even the headers on a KA?

About the gear ratios, I always found first gear too short so this seems like a great modification for that advantage as well. Let me get this straight, all Z32's had these transmissions? Any specific years or models stronger than the others? I used to have an MR2 and I know that in 93+ they updated the gearbox

Thanks for putting this work in, tell your guy hes doing us a great service. I will be extremely interested in this project

ItzGenX
08-12-2005, 04:16 AM
Actually it appears that the front of the bell housing is almost the same size as the standard SR bell housing. The only part that may seem bigger is the neck for the housing that bolts to the rest of the transmission body. Even if it comes close to the exhaust, some minor exhaust modification is not too much to ask for. By the looks of it, I do not think the exhaust will touch the tranny at all.

Dmax
08-12-2005, 06:22 AM
What about the wiring, neutral switch, 5th gear sensor etc. I'm assuming the Z32 has the same or similar inputs, is it a matter of switching sensors, switching harnesses, splicing harnesses, maybe a little of everything...?

shoes59
08-12-2005, 06:46 AM
I'd like to know more about the driveshaft situation. I just bought a 1 piece aluminum unit and would like to continue using it. With this concern addressed I'll be in line to buy this tranny upgrade.

duncan351
08-12-2005, 06:52 AM
This is awsome. I'd say after this project is complete. See if us KA guys can get a plate made for our engines. We are in the same boat. Its great that you found someone to take on this task for a reasonable $ amount.

Thanks!

Angel
08-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Mark Mazurowski who is now the president of Mazworx.

About the driveshaft. Those will be offered also, but we're going to wait on that b/c there are many different potential sizes that people would need. Depending on if the car has ABS, what motor in what car and so on. What will happen is you would have to measure the size of driveshaft, then we can get on custom made ~200-250.
But who knows..maybe the stock Z32 would fit too..or can be modified. We just haven't looked into it yet.

mark

That's what I was hoping http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif 'Cause he is right down the street from me and a bud, and I am very interested in this. Mark knows his stuff, so anyone out there worried about the quality of this has no reason to.

S14Redtop
08-12-2005, 11:11 AM
yea he's a real cool guy and is very motivated to get this project off the ground. We are just waiting on a shifter assembly for test fitment.

thanks for all the responses....more pics to come soon

mark

StanBo
08-12-2005, 12:11 PM
I will tell some of the KAT locals that this may be an option for them in the future. I know one guy is having troubles with transmissions when he runs slicks.

Looks like a great option!

killjoy
08-12-2005, 12:11 PM
wiring is a little concern. Does it accept teh same speed sensor? Or does it use the same pulse you could just cut and crimp?

S14Redtop
08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
we haven't looked at wiring yet at this point..but just glancing at the sensors they all look similar. The speed sensor is different but that's something i'm sure that can be figured out. Again...the big thing is getting it running and go from there.

mark

ROB240
08-15-2005, 08:35 PM
if this is ever produced for the KA I will buy one the moment it is made (assuming I dont have one made first lol).

cwdmark
08-15-2005, 09:31 PM
if you wanted to im sure you can call the guy and he can get r dun, its basically the same process.

Kouki14
08-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Any progress?

killjoy
08-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Yeah, please don't let this fizzle out like the other 40 attempts...

S14Redtop
08-16-2005, 09:02 AM
DON'T worry guys..this is NOT fizzling out. I was just in Chicago for the weekend and did not get any updates. But my dude sent some more pictures of the adapter plate today...so as soon as I get home from work, I'll post them.

The machining is done, the SR slave cylinder is attached and fits, so really all we are waiting for is a shifter assembly and fitment.

post pics soon

mark

by the way..i have usede Blitz clutch for sale if anybody wants it. it's single plate and i was thinking of putting it on Ebay but if anybody is interested let me know.

killjoy
08-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey Mark you will have to use a 300zx shifter right? I should check and see if they make a b&m for it.

S14Redtop
08-16-2005, 12:05 PM
yes it will be a 300zx shifter as far as I can tell. You cannot use an 240 one since the entire linkage is different. I have looked for short shifters and haven't really found ones for the Z32, but some sites say you can use some of the Z31 shifters.

so i have a few other pictures for you all

machined bellhousing
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/bellhousing.jpg

adapter plate
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/adapterplate.jpg

clutch slave cylinder
240 on left, Z32 on right
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/mastercylinder2.jpg

clutch slave mounted to bellhousing
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/mastercylinder.jpg

ok...that's it for now..

mark

killjoy
08-16-2005, 03:30 PM
keep the mother fawkin heads ringing....

Ichiyonsilvia
08-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Z31 Shifter is same as 240sx shifter, I tried it on Z32 before and it will not work on Z32.

asad
08-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Z31 Shifter is same as 240sx shifter, I tried it on Z32 before and it will not work on Z32.

Depends WHICH Z31. Z31 non-turbos had the same trans as the 240sx (W71C). Turbos had either a T5 or a trans similar to the Z32 (R30).

Asad

S14Redtop
08-19-2005, 11:41 AM
yea..i'm not really sure which shifter will be the best option. I've looked around and not really found too many options for short shifters on the Z32.

On another note..it seems that we are going to have to make custom brackets for the shifter linkage since many trannies don't come with it. Not a big deal.

will begin fitting next week.

mark

chriskelchner
08-19-2005, 04:59 PM
http://forums.cnfxperformance.com/showthread.php?p=84#post84

Drag_S13
08-20-2005, 10:46 PM
I am very interested in this aswell. I plan on making over 500whp, so the trans I know will become a problem with my new wheels/tires (275/50/15 MT ET Street Radials). Please don't let this die...

S14Redtop
08-21-2005, 07:12 AM
NO worries..this is NOT going to die. I haven't driven my car in 3 weeks since I don't have a tranny..so rest assured I want to get this done soon.

The pics on the other webiste look good too..but the pic doesn't show the sensors being hooked up and i'm not sure what they used for a shifter.

update on monday

mark

S14Redtop
08-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Just spoke with the fabricator and he is currently making a custom shifter bracket which will eliminiate alot of extra crap on the trans. He will have it done by this week and has an S13 and S14 in his shop and will be ready for fitment by the end of the week. Pics to come when everything is bolted up.

keep checking back for updates.

mark

wootwoot
08-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm definitely stoked on this but dont need it currently and cant afford it for a while. It just keeps getting better and better though.

alex_kors
08-22-2005, 04:37 PM
i still want one! when do you guys think you'll have the driveshaft situation figured out?

S14Redtop
08-22-2005, 08:59 PM
the driveshaft issue is the least of our worries. It merely requires measurement from the output shaft to the diff. WE will be ready for test fitment probably later this week and can start taking measurements for drive shaft later next week.

I'm not sure, but another idea might be to modify an existing drive shaft to make it work...again time will tell.

But things are moving along well!!
mark

alex_kors
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
good news, looking foward to trying this out!

Kouki14
08-23-2005, 06:28 AM
So what is teh "official" werd on the power/torque that a stock z32 mission can handle?

S14Redtop
08-23-2005, 07:23 AM
I don't have an exact figure of what they are rated to handle..but there are many Z32's running upwards of 600whp and more. I can tell you for sure it is WAY stronger than the 400whp rating on the SR/KA trans.

mark

steve shadows
08-23-2005, 12:38 PM
let me know where i can buy
http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif
RPSports13pwr@yahoo.com

S14Redtop
08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
For those that are interested please PM me with a "for sure request" so I can get a head count...thanks

mark

Structure240sx
08-24-2005, 04:41 PM
guess no word on a setup for the KA?

S14Redtop
08-24-2005, 04:52 PM
No word on the KA yet...we are going to get the SR bolted up first as a priority and see how she flies. But really the setup for the KA shouldn't be much different.

we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

mark

S14Redtop
08-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Ok..the custom shifter bracket was made this week and fits beautifully on the trans....as you can see in these pics.
We are just waiting for some custom bolts that have taken 2 weeks to get in and as soon as those get in we will be ready for fitment. So i'm planning this upcoming week.

keep the replies coming

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/shifter2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/shifter1.jpg

hope you like it

mark

RyanZ06
08-27-2005, 04:26 PM
when will this stuff be available for sale.. neeeed 6 speed..

Enthalpy
08-27-2005, 04:55 PM
dude...the z32 trans is 5 speed.

killjoy
08-27-2005, 05:13 PM
what shifter is that, Mark?

Kouki14
08-27-2005, 09:06 PM
yep 1-2-3-4-5-R

S14Redtop
08-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Not really sure what shifter that is but it's kinda nice.
I'll ask my dude find out.

yep..Z32 is 5 speed. If you want 6 speed get an adapter for the Z33 trans..or get an S15 trans.

mark

S14_James
08-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Yum, Z33 Transmission....
-James

S14Redtop
08-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Yum, Z33 Transmission....
-James

Ok...you get a project going that will bolt the Z33 to the SR and we'll go with it!

SHEEET...i can't wait till this thing is done! My car has been down for a month already!

mark

redhanded
08-28-2005, 05:58 PM
cant wait til this set-up is up for sale. ive got my money saved already, and heck, i wanna buy it NOW!!!!!!! lol, thanks for taking on this project man.

S14Redtop
08-28-2005, 06:12 PM
No problem....i'm glad I could do something to better the SR20/silvia community

mark

cwdmark
08-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Ok..the custom shifter bracket was made this week and fits beautifully on the trans....as you can see in these pics.
We are just waiting for some custom bolts that have taken 2 weeks to get in and as soon as those get in we will be ready for fitment. So i'm planning this upcoming week.

keep the replies coming

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/shifter2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/shifter1.jpg

hope you like it

mark

looks great!

what kind of bolts do you need? ace is the place. send that biatch on its way, ill get the bolts.

Brad
08-28-2005, 08:20 PM
wow this is becoming a reality, im pretty excited. never broken a tranny but it will be nice to know ill never have to

S14Redtop
08-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Honestly..i don't even know what kind of bolts he is waiting on but they are all custom sizes, but all grade 8 bolts. It'll be interesting to see what kind they are!

yes it certainly IS becoming a reality...soon enough my friends!!

mark

kovert
08-29-2005, 10:37 AM
alright alright.. count me in.. I dont wanna mess with weak tranny's once my car is back together..

S14Redtop
08-30-2005, 04:59 PM
So the reason that the bolts are taking so long is because they have to be custom made. We are going to use tapered Allen head bolts, which isn't the hard part...the issue is that they have to be Grade 8 and metric!

As soon as that is done we are bolting it up. One thing I would like help with from anybody with expertise is what the exact differences between the NA and TT trannies. some say that the TT has dual synchros but others on 300z forums say they are the exact same.

more pics soon

mark

Homer_Simpson
08-30-2005, 06:24 PM
So the reason that the bolts are taking so long is because they have to be custom made. We are going to use tapered Allen head bolts, which isn't the hard part...the issue is that they have to be Grade 8 and metric!

As soon as that is done we are bolting it up. One thing I would like help with from anybody with expertise is what the exact differences between the NA and TT trannies. some say that the TT has dual synchros but others on 300z forums say they are the exact same.

more pics soon

mark

I searched on twinturbo.net and most of the experienced guys overthere are saying that the NA and TT transmission are the same internally. The only different is the mounting holes for the starter, I think because on the NA Z32 the flywheel is different (thickness?).

S14Redtop
08-30-2005, 09:02 PM

more pics soon

mark

I searched on twinturbo.net and most of the experienced guys overthere are saying that the NA and TT transmission are the same internally. The only different is the mounting holes for the starter, I think because on the NA Z32 the flywheel is different (thickness?).

that's kinda what I found out too with my research...except that from 94-96 they had dual synchros on gears 1-3. The other thing though is that we are going to mounting the starter to the adapter plate..NOT the bellhousing, so I don't think it makes a difference which tranny is used.

mark

Homer_Simpson
08-30-2005, 09:10 PM

more pics soon

mark

that's kinda what I found out too with my research...except that from 94-96 they had dual synchros on gears 1-3. The other thing though is that we are going to mounting the starter to the adapter plate..NOT the bellhousing, so I don't think it makes a difference which tranny is used.

mark

So that is why there is a big different in price between the older z32 trans and the newer one.

asad
08-31-2005, 07:30 AM
the issue is that they have to be Grade 8 and metric!

Maybe the problem is that there's no such thing as a "Grade 8" metric screw/bolt. Metric fasteners use a different classification system (Class 8.8, 10.9, 12.9, etc). Metric class 10.9 is about the same tensile strength as SAE Grade 8.

If you had searched the forums you would have found this info as well.

Also, I assume you mean screws like this:
http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/scs/alloyflatfull.gif

They're not called "tapered", they're called "Flat Head" Allen screws. Might help you to find them easier if you know what they're actually called. If that's not the screw style you're talking about, then ignore this last bit http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Asad

S14Redtop
08-31-2005, 08:20 AM
wow...i got torn up on that post. Actually i don't know which bolts he is looking for since I'm actually not the one making the adapter plate and NOT the one sourcing the bolts. I'm not an expert in bolt grades/sizes/terminology/construction materials or anything to do with bolts. My expertese is in medicine so I stick to the stuff I know. I'm just informing those who are waiting for this tranny upgrade where we stand in the process and what the delay is.

but thanks for the lesson anyway

mark

cwdmark
09-01-2005, 07:42 AM

i don't think he really cares.

Kouki14
09-01-2005, 07:57 AM
the issue is that they have to be Grade 8 and metric!

Maybe the problem is that there's no such thing as a "Grade 8" metric screw/bolt. Metric fasteners use a different classification system (Class 8.8, 10.9, 12.9, etc). Metric class 10.9 is about the same tensile strength as SAE Grade 8.

Also, I assume you mean screws like this:
http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/scs/alloyflatfull.gif

They're not called "tapered", they're called "Flat Head" Allen screws. Might help you to find them easier if you know what they're actually called. If that's not the screw style you're talking about, then ignore this last bit http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Asad

your a jacka$$ http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/rolleyes1.gif

wootwoot
09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm going to get in on it as well and say you need to be careful how you come off Asad. It is generally so condescending

Brad
09-01-2005, 05:51 PM
even though there may be no metric grade 8....even stores like ace and home depot call their strengthened metric bolts grade 8.

could have let that one slide, asad http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

S14Redtop
09-01-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm going to get in on it as well and say you need to be careful how you come off Asad. It is generally so condescending

thanks for the backup guys. I really don't want this conversation to take away from what I'm trying to do with the swap, but i must admit I really didn't appreciate the tone of the noted post. Instead of pointing out everybody elses lack of knowledge about a certain topic..it would be nice to just get good info and correct the inaccuracies. the extra comments I think we can all do without.

i don't know about the rest of you...but i'm still wating on my grade8, tapered, metric bolts. will let you know when they come in! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks
mark

okashira
09-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Looks like it got a little blown out of proportion. He was just trying to help... with the corect naming you could find the bolt you are looking for alot easier. I had some bolts custom made right before me in a place in houston. took about 15 minutes, call around.

Gonad
09-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Call me a n00b but where does the driveshaft yoke insert into?

Over_Center
09-02-2005, 09:09 AM
They are called Flat Head Cap Screws or FHCS. Asad is just giving you the correct name for the part you are looking for. Filter out any so called tone of his post and realize the info he gave is good. You bunch of fragile girls!!

Now if you are still looking for you FHCS try Crown Screw and Bolt in Indy 317-889-8900.

S14Redtop
09-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I need a favor from anybody living in Orlando who would like to give up their car for test fitting purposes. The bolts that we were waiting on finally came in and the trans will be ready for fitment next week. The problem is that the car that the tranny was going to be test fitted on will be gone for a drift event the entire week.

Is there anybody that would be willing and able to take the car to the fabricators to use as a guineapig for fitment?
Would be best if we could use an S13 and S14.

thanks

mark

Kouki14
09-03-2005, 08:09 PM
WEll if you pay for shipping from Okinawa you can use mine http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

S14Redtop
09-03-2005, 09:29 PM
HA....i'd rather take MINE down there...oh wait..i don't have a trans...CRAP!

mark

wootwoot
09-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm going to be in Orlando next weekend actually. Hit me up for a maybe on there; More details please

Gonad
09-04-2005, 03:30 AM
Wow, thanks for taking the time to answer my simple question. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/rolleyes1.gif

Kouki14
09-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Wow, thanks for taking the time to answer my simple question. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/rolleyes1.gif

Wow thanks for taking the time to search for your answer. type in driveshaft yoke on google and teh first result you get explains it. You dont even need to open up the link. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/rolleyes1.gif

Dave562
09-04-2005, 04:30 AM
I'm going to get in on it as well and say you need to be careful how you come off Asad. It is <b>generally</b> so condescending

Generally is a HUGE misrepresentation. The only time I have ever read one of Asad's posts and considered him to sound even remotely condescending is this one. I've only been here a year or two but on mosts posts, he doesn't even post anything for the first few days. And when he does, it is always on topic and always informative. In this case, it appears to me that he was offering pointed specifics about the exact parts needed.

Granted, I thought it was a little harsh... but hey, I'll overlook 2 years of nothing but greatness for a snippy comment. It could be worse, he could be Pat Robertson advocating your assassination for allowing you to support a Communist foothold into SR transmission development by using the wrong sorts of bolts. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cwdmark
09-04-2005, 10:05 AM
eh who cares, mark isn't even sourcing the bolts. it would be different if he was.

anyone in florida want to test out this tranny? i don't want mark borrowing and slicing my stock sr tranny in half http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Turbopowr
09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I might me interested in helping out. I'm at almost 400whp right now and 500+ whp is a turn of the knob and race fuel away.

I know I'll be needing a tranny upgrade eventually http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gonad
09-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I can see where the driveshaft yoke is inserted but the shifter sits right above it.

Perhaps I should have rephrased it with "where does the shifter linkage hook up to"

Wow thanks for taking the time to search for your answer. type in driveshaft yoke on google and teh first result you get explains it. You dont even need to open up the link. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/rolleyes1.gif

Angel
09-06-2005, 08:56 AM
I just tried calling Mark and he is busy. But I will gladly volunteer my pos for the cause. So if you talk to him before I reach him then tell him to call Angel back http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Angel
09-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Done. If all goes according to plan I will be dropping the car off friday for Mark and crew to start on it. But Hector, if you can part with yours more readily, than be my guest as this is my daily. Give me a ring later if you want.

S14Redtop
09-06-2005, 02:47 PM
hey...thanks a bunch Angel. Yea i talked to Mark today and he told me you're dropping it off. Now all we need is an S14. But I think I'll pull my driveshaft this week to measure that badboy.

oooh..we're so close!!!

mark

Turbopowr
09-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Go ahead and donate your car if you can Angel. My car is also my daily driver (100 miles a day http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) and I'll also need it this Saturday to get to work and back.

If I had another car I'd definitely give mine up as a test mule for this new tranny setup http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll call you so we can meet up one of these days and check out each others rides.

Angel
09-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Should I also take it done the strip a half dozen times or so? You know, to test it out and stuff http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hector, no problem just give me a ring whenever.

hey...thanks a bunch Angel. Yea i talked to Mark today and he told me you're dropping it off. Now all we need is an S14. But I think I'll pull my driveshaft this week to measure that badboy.

oooh..we're so close!!!

mark

Angel
09-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Well gang, I just got back from dropping the car off at Mark's place. So by monday or so he should have all the measurements done that he needs to take the next step. Good stuff !! There will finally be an affordable tranny option out there for us.

Turbopowr
09-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Sounds good Angel. Will you be able to test it out also, or is it just there for measurements and fitting?

Keep us up to date on how everything goes. If all works out well, I'll definitely be looking into this conversion as an upgrade for my car http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlackBomber
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Well gang, I just got back from dropping the car off at Mark's place. So by monday or so he should have all the measurements done that he needs to take the next step. Good stuff !! There will finally be an affordable tranny option out there for us.

will this be something that joe blow will be able to call and order at a later date? in other words mass-produced so to speak?

Angel
09-09-2005, 02:12 PM
I believe so. I think the intention is to sell the kit to the public.

will this be something that joe blow will be able to call and order at a later date? in other words mass-produced so to speak?

steve shadows
09-09-2005, 03:38 PM
i have a B & M http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

S14Redtop
09-09-2005, 05:41 PM
yes this is something that will be sold to the public. I don't know about MASS produced...but 15-20 kits at a time..depending on the demand. Thanks for dropping the car off Angel. The guy I tried to have drop his car off didn't have it running, so not much use.

so by next week we should be rolling.

mark

Angel
09-10-2005, 05:28 PM
No problem, my pleasure really. Between the fact that Mark's a buddy and that I will want to go this route myself it was something that I really wanted to see happen. This will benefit all of us: drifters, drag racers, road racers... all of us.
It looked really good in person, and Mark updated me earlier today, saying that it went in with absolutley no mods to the tunnel needed and that he should have pics up later. We should all be very stoked about this and try to spread this around to as many relevant forums and other outlets as possible to ensure it's success. Putting worries about tranny failures behind us will be nice indeed!

yes this is something that will be sold to the public. I don't know about MASS produced...but 15-20 kits at a time..depending on the demand. Thanks for dropping the car off Angel. The guy I tried to have drop his car off didn't have it running, so not much use.

mark

S14Redtop
09-10-2005, 06:16 PM
We should all be very stoked about this and try to spread this around to as many relevant forums and other outlets as possible to ensure it's success.

yea..i've been posting all the updates so far on Nissaninfiniticlub.net and 240sxforums.com since I started this thread. Any suggestions where else i should post..or some of you could put links to this thread onto other forums.

I'm so glad that this has really taken off the way it has and trust me..we will ALL benefit.

i'll post pics as soon as I receive them.

mark

BlackBomber
09-10-2005, 09:42 PM

mark

good because I am not necessarily ready to go on the first batch but will indeed need this solution in the future.

S14Redtop
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Here are the pictures you've been waiting for. The tranny was installed yesterday and as you can tell from the pics it looks fantastic and beefy as hell!
You should also note the position of the shifter which is also right in the middle. There is one section of the gear shift hole that had to be cut out for the shifter..but since the Z32 and SR shifters are different angles..the final result is the shifter right in the middle!

The driveshaft will be made early this week and the car driven probably by mid week!

shifter 1
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/shifter4.jpg

shifter 2 (hole cut out)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/shifter3.jpg

shift fork/ throw out bearing
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/shiftfork.jpg

starter
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/starterhole.jpg

trans mounted 1
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/trannyin3.jpg

trans mounted2
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/trannyin2.jpg

trans mounted 3
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/ou1848/trannyin1.jpg

let me know what you think. Mark

g81981
09-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Looks great.

Brad
09-11-2005, 02:07 PM
so is there anyway to get a full rundown of the kit? price, whats needed from us, what we get, etc.

basically my car is about to go down for a month or so for a full rebuild and stuff so this couldnt have come at a better time. would like to get it asap so im not waiting on it to get the car running

alex_kors
09-11-2005, 03:38 PM
while im not so concerned with weight as my car doesnt have a god damn thing in it, how much of a weight difference is there between the z32 tranny and the stock SR tranny? looking great though, cant wait to get one of these.

S14Redtop
09-11-2005, 04:06 PM
so is there anyway to get a full rundown of the kit? price, whats needed from us, what we get, etc.

The details have yet to be worked out. The kit will be around 500$ and would include:

machined bellhousing
adapter plate
all hardware
custom tranny mount with bolts
custom shifter assembly with bolts
and we're not sure yet about the driveshaft b/c there are a lot of variables in length...but when that's figured out it also will be included. a custom driveshaft is around 200$

you will have to source your own Z32 tranny. The NA and TT version are identical from what I've read, except for the starter placement. But this will not affect the machine work. Trannies go anywhere from 250 to 600. The later model 94-96 i belive have dual synchros in the first 3 gears which make them somewhat stronger..but who knows.

thanks
mark

ninja_nips
09-12-2005, 08:51 AM
One thing that may be of concern, at least to me, is the trany possibly hitting the sides of the tunnel when under load. My motor moves ALOT, probably more than it should, but since I may not be alone I thought I would throw this out there. The fit looks a bit tight in there, but it may be enough.

RDM_II
09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
One thing that may be of concern, at least to me, is the trany possibly hitting the sides of the tunnel when under load. My motor moves ALOT, probably more than it should, but since I may not be alone I thought I would throw this out there. The fit looks a bit tight in there, but it may be enough.

Stiffer mounts should cure that, something that should be upgraded anyway.

Angel
09-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll let you guys know about that once I put a few miles on it with the tranny installed. My car is running on stock motor mounts and a nismo tranny mount so it should be a pretty good test as far as that goes.

Boy does my car ever look ratty in those pics http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif It is pretty ratty, but not that bad.

S14_James
09-12-2005, 05:52 PM
So tha tis a Sr trans mount on the thing, with a custom bracket?
-James

S14Redtop
09-12-2005, 06:39 PM
So tha tis a Sr trans mount on the thing, with a custom bracket?
-James

yes..that is an SR tranny mount with the custom bracket. both S13 and S14 will use the same bracket.

Driveshaft is going in tomorrow and road tests will begin soon.

mark

kovert
09-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Very excited about this.... With what I have going on now, there is now way I would beable to make a reliable 700+whp drag car without a tranny upgrade.

Angel
09-13-2005, 11:36 AM
I am about to head out from the shop to head over to Mark's shop and pick up the car!

S14Redtop
09-13-2005, 03:48 PM
SHE RUNS!!! Just talked to Mark from Mazworx and he put the drive shaft in and drove the car without any problems. He said it shifts perfectly, NO ISSUES!! Hells yea!

Angel is getting the car tonight and is supposed to beat the crap out of it this weekend at the track! Keep your fingers crossed.

this is a great day for the Sr20 community!

mark

Nikeboy355
09-13-2005, 04:07 PM

and you have done a great job documenting it... This was a great idea and I hope you sell a lot of these kits and make some cash off of it... you deserve it!...

kovert
09-13-2005, 04:10 PM

and you have done a great job documenting it... This was a great idea and I hope you sell a lot of these kits and make some cash off of it... you deserve it!...

I agree...huge step.. I'll be buying one this winter.

S14Redtop
09-13-2005, 04:27 PM

Thanks!! I don't know how much money i'm really entitled to since I wasn't the one who actually did the hands on development or manufacturing of the kit. I basically did some research, pushed the idea and facilitated the final result. The person who really deserves praise is Mark Mazurowski from Mazworx who took the time to make all the important things come together.

I feel like i'm giving a speech at the grammies! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i'm anxiously awaiting Angel's 1st hand input in the tests.

thanks
mark

Tom_Tom_240
09-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Scouting Z32 tranny..
So I can get this done...

I am rocking a KA tranny, with a SR bell housing...(blew originally SR tranny)
And looking to put down near 400whp... not sure how long t he KA tranny will put up...if at all..

kovert
09-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Scouting Z32 tranny..

And looking to put down near 400whp... not sure how long t he KA tranny will put up...if at all..

Im running the same setup as you, and its held up pretty well.

Tom_Tom_240
09-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Scouting Z32 tranny..

Im running the same setup as you, and its held up pretty well.

is that the tranny u had on, when u pulled an 11.4 ?

kovert
09-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I have been running it all season.. countless 11 second passes, and low 12 second passes.

BlackBomber
09-13-2005, 05:39 PM

more pics soon

mark

mark, congratulations on getting this project off the ground and running. You deserve a lot of credit.

now answer me this question... are you 100% sure that the TT and N/A trannies are one in the same from fitment perspective? Sure would make locating a tranny much easier.

RDM_II
09-13-2005, 05:47 PM
So let's throw a loop into this. You guys want to go a step further and make a KA adaptor plate?

Just a thought, everything else would be the same.

S14Redtop
09-13-2005, 07:10 PM
now answer me this question... are you 100% sure that the TT and N/A trannies are one in the same from fitment perspective? Sure would make locating a tranny much easier.

Well I got that info from a bunch of 300Z websites. There was one website which seems to be the "freshalloy" of the Z32 world and after reading all the posts about 5speed gearboxes...that is the conclusion i came to.

I belive the only difference is the starter mounting point on the bellhousing. But this difference is inconsequential since the starter mounts on the adapter plate. But the trans that Mazworx bolted up was a 91TT. I'm personally going to get a NA and try it out.

mark

Homer_Simpson
09-13-2005, 07:30 PM
That's great news. I'm going to try and order my Z32 trans tomorrow.

Angel
09-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Ok folks, I am sorry but I will have to keep this brief. I just got in at almost midnight local time and need to get to sleep. But I will say this.... it is absolutley friggin' badass ! It's such a pleasure to have a tranny in the car that you feel confident in. I come from the MKIV supra world, a place where tranny woes are far less common than here, unless the unit was ignored or the owner was an idiot... or perhaps you made crazy horsepower. Just know that it works perfectly, feels strong and direct, and the gear ratios seem nearly identical from a seat of the pants pov.

And just so you know that I will indeed beat the hell out of it. I have pulled 1.4x 60's, run nines in the 1/4, seen over 200 mph, and generally am capable of at least giving a car hell http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

arcadiabc
09-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Nice! Congrats!

Where do I send my Z tranny? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ichiyonsilvia
09-14-2005, 08:18 AM
No, you keep your tranny and buy the adaptor kit from him. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Angel
09-14-2005, 09:22 AM
No, you keep your tranny and buy the adaptor kit from him. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually when he is ready to go on production for these kits, you will need to send him the bellhousing to be machined to accomodate the adaptor plate's added thickness.

I will try and keep you guys updated and give a more detailed account of what it's like living with and using the setup. But as of now I only have positives to write about, no real gotchas or downsides as I see it.

S14Redtop
09-14-2005, 12:53 PM
just like angel said..you would source your own tranny. Send the bellhousing to Mazworx, either as a core, or to have yours shipped back at which point you would also get the rest of the kit.

mark

Ichiyonsilvia
09-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Got ya , I really need get rid of this whinny SR tranny.

vitaminT
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
I haven't read all 6 pages but did catch most of it. Any issues with speed sensor, or backup/neutral switches? Basically electronics stuff? Did you just use the stock SR speed sensor?

Zero4SPL
09-15-2005, 06:22 AM
The backup switch is a basic 2 wire switch, so there's no problem there. As far as the speedo, it's also a 2 wire set up. You will have to use the Z32 sensor cause the SR one won't fit. They both work the same but in order to get the proper ratio with the plastic gears is either to use an NA trans (NA diff = 4.08) or a TT trans (TT diff = 3.69) but swap out the plastic gears.

Structure240sx
09-15-2005, 07:30 AM
time to get it going in a KA car

i have a ka bare block and bell housing if either would help at all

Geovannie
09-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Did I miss the price around here?

RDM_II
09-15-2005, 10:06 AM

As do I. Hell, I've got four of each.

Angel
09-15-2005, 10:39 AM

I guess either Mark or myself can pose the question to him. As for pricing, it's not set in stone by any means but he is thinking somewhere around 800 witheverything needed short of the tranny itself which can be had for around 250-500 depending on how luckey you are. Not bad as that is far less than what an os gear set would cost you and far stronger.

Tom_Tom_240
09-15-2005, 11:43 AM
You guys better get ready...
You know how hype ppl have been about this..

I was in OH (which is 6 hours away) and this came up while we were talking about stuff

Dude... Seriously you’re going to get alot of ppl wanting this...

I know I am..

Gets a list going or some thing…
How do you plan on taken orders..
i bet there will be a nice size waiting list.

"looking for tranny now"

You seriously are going to make some nice bucks..
If this thing works out…

kovert
09-15-2005, 11:59 AM

I was in OH (which is 6 hours away) and this came up while we were talking about stuff

I know I am..

"looking for tranny now"

If this thing works out…

im going to wait it out for awhile..see how it works out for people.. the new price tag of $800ish makes it alittle less attractive, but i really do need a stronger nissan transmission

Homer_Simpson
09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
im going to wait it out for awhile..see how it works out for people.. the new price tag of $800ish makes it alittle less attractive, but i really do need a stronger nissan transmission

I had a feeling that I could cost a bit more than the original estimate of $500. To me this is still a good deal though, I just don't have the extra $300 right now. So how is it holding up to the abuse so far?

Angel
09-15-2005, 12:22 PM

I know I am..

"looking for tranny now"

If this thing works out…

Don't take my word on the price. I am just relaying what he thought he was going to be able to do.... but again that will include everything : adaptor plate, shifter linkage, short shifter ( likely ) trans crossmember, needed mods to bellhousing and beefy one piece driveshaft. If not a few things I am neglecting. I don't think that there is any reason to wait it out if you have the coin and need an upgrade. What are your choices? We know that the 300z tranny is fairly stout, so no real unknowns there, it bolts right in. 1200ish for an install and forget solution sounds great to me. Again, we don't know the price, we'll have to wait on the man for that.

Angel
09-15-2005, 12:32 PM
[/QUOTE]
I had a feeling that I could cost a bit more than the original estimate of $500. To me this is still a good deal though, I just don't have the extra $300 right now. So how is it holding up to the abuse so far?

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't be happier, in fact I may just have to disappear and keep it http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have been pounding on it and am probably going to end up going to jail if I'm not careful as going sideways through three gears from every light and off of every corner is frowned upon by the local constables. But it has been flawless, not so much as a hiccup. It hasn't displayed any tendency to move around and contact the tunnel, it's just so solid and stout... now if only the rest of the car was up to it.

I am hoping to get to the track tomorrow and make some of the first passes. It will also be the first passes in the car as well because I have been a bit scared of the stock tranny and driveshaft. Because again I am not too kind when at the strip. But with this in here, I have no worries aside from the motor and diff/axles. Keep in mind that I am daily driving this so as to really get a feel for it on the whole.

Tom_Tom_240
09-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Yea the extra 300more doesn’t bother me..(800.00)

And the fact that it will most likely come with the Drive shaft... is a great plus...

I just e-mailed a couple places for a tranny...
And I am waiting for a good friend of mine to get off work..
He is a 300zx guru.. so maybe he can help out.

Now how will the gearing be compared to the stock SR tranny?

I will most likely contact you soon, so we can keep in touch once u start taking orders..

And depending on where i get the tranny, i might have it directly shipped to you (if I get it offline)

Angel
09-15-2005, 01:18 PM
The gearing is so close as to be pretty much identical. You won't really notice any difference there. The ratios for each were posted on the second page of this thread.

And to be clear, neither myself nor the topic starter are in any way affiliated with the company that made this and will ultimately be offering the kit's to the public. The company is called Mazworx, website www.mazworx.com (http://www.mazworx.com) ( down for overhaul right now ), phone number 407-281-1223

Just don't bombard him with calls just yet. We know that he isn't ready to start accepting orders and is keen on seeing it in use for a bit before he ramps up fpr production, and just about any questions that you may have can be answered through myself or Mark ( the thread starter dude ) not the Mark from Mazworx.

Brad
09-15-2005, 01:24 PM
i hate to bring this up so late in this project, but has anyone thought of using an R154 tranny? (mkiii supra). my friend is a big toyota guy and says these things are rock solid. not to mention the only 300zx trannies in AZ i can find are $500+ which really puts this out of my price range now. seeings how marco is a supra guy it might be worthwhile who knows

kovert
09-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Yea the extra 300more doesn’t bother me..(800.00)

And the fact that it will most likely come with the Drive shaft... is a great plus...

I just e-mailed a couple places for a tranny...
And I am waiting for a good friend of mine to get off work..
He is a 300zx guru.. so maybe he can help out.

Now how will the gearing be compared to the stock SR tranny?

I will most likely contact you soon, so we can keep in touch once u start taking orders..

And depending on where i get the tranny, i might have it directly shipped to you (if I get it offline)

If it comes with a driveshaft and shifter as well, then for $800 that is more than reasonable in my book. I thought we were looking at $800 minus driveshaft. granted, nothing is set in stone yet.

kovert
09-15-2005, 01:29 PM
For my car, i have to run a nissan transmision, nissan motor in a nissan car. class regulations for Sport RWD. So running a t56/R154/c4 are not an option

gatecrasher
09-15-2005, 01:32 PM

Im guessing the additional $300 would be for a driveshaft.....which still puts this as a reasonable price

Angel
09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
[/QUOTE]If it comes with a driveshaft and shifter as well, then for $800 that is more than reasonable in my book. I thought we were looking at $800 minus driveshaft. granted, nothing is set in stone yet.

[/QUOTE]

That's what he mentioned to me the last time we spoke and I asked him about the target price point and what would be included.

gatecrasher
09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
damn, beat me to it. nevermind

Angel
09-15-2005, 01:35 PM
For my car, i have to run a nissan transmision, nissan motor in a nissan car. class regulations for Sport RWD. So running a t56/R154/c4 are not an option

I suspect that may have something to do with Mark's desire to do this as well http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good point though.

kovert
09-15-2005, 01:55 PM
speaking of drag racing, although alittle off topic.. angel. did you see this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Supra-Turbo-Marko-Djurics-White-Supra-1520-HP-8-SECOND-CAR_W0QQitemZ4574824399QQcategoryZ6447QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Angel
09-15-2005, 02:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Supra-Turbo-Marko-Djurics-White-Supra-1520-HP-8-SECOND-CAR_W0QQitemZ4574824399QQcategoryZ6447QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No I hadn't. But thanks for pointing it out to me. Interesting, I wonder whay he's selling it? Perhaps to start a more serious project... cause that one is weaksauce http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think he may have trouble actually securing a viable buyer via ebay. I know Eric ( cowboy bebop ) is having a hell of a time finding anyone who can/will actually follow through on a purchase.

killjoy
09-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Hopefully he would do it for 500 without the driveshaft or at least give people the option. I don't like 1 piece driveshafts and could get the yolk welded on and rebalanced for far less than 300 bucks.

S14Redtop
09-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Holy crap...i go to work for the day and this thread BLOWS up. The price is going to be around 800$ but this will likely include everything except trans. The aforementioned adapter plate, with all the hardware, the custom shifter bracket, custom tranny mount, driveshaft and shifter and machine work on the bellhousing.

I don't know about you guys but even if it was 1000$ it's still an amazing upgrade. For all of those that have not yet broken a tranny and are running 400hp..YOU WILL!! But then, when you realize that you don't have to [censored] foot around anymore b/c of fear of breaking something..the swap will be COMPLETELY worth it.

mark

Angel
09-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Holy crap...i go to work for the day and this thread BLOWS up. The price is going to be around 800$ but this will likely include everything except trans. The aforementioned adapter plate, with all the hardware, the custom shifter bracket, custom tranny mount, driveshaft and shifter and machine work on the bellhousing.

I don't know about you guys but even if it was 1000$ it's still an amazing upgrade. For all of those that have not yet broken a tranny and are running 400hp..YOU WILL!! But then, when you realize that you don't have to [censored] foot around anymore b/c of fear of breaking something..the swap will be COMPLETELY worth it.

mark

Yeah, leaving me to fend them off all by my lonesome. Good stuff though, I am glad to see the level of interest. How have the other forums responded? I know zilvian's interest didn't last too long.

gatecrasher
09-15-2005, 04:08 PM

love that car........un****withable

kovert
09-15-2005, 05:05 PM

love that car........un****withable

I watched ryan woon click of a 8.90 this past weekend in vegas.. that was pretty impressive.

anyway, mark..Yes.. I agree, although Ive yet to break a tranny, I have broken a driveshaft, a few clutches, and am pretty much terrfied of making 7xxwhp and flinging tranny parts all over the track on my first 7500rpm launch.

if nothing else, the security of having a beefier trans will go a long way in my book. not to mention the fact that if a 1 peice driveshaft is included, there is one more part i wont have to worry about destroying at the line.

S14Redtop
09-15-2005, 05:32 PM
the other forums have had great response too but this is the most active SR20forum so obviously the best response. The other places were 240sxforums.com nissaninfiniticlub.net.

mark

and also, please direct all questions to myself or angel and we will talk to mazworx if we do not have an answer. They are very busy and don't need to get bombarded with lots of questions.

thanks
mark

kovert
09-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Question; Im guessing the SR clutch/flywheel work with the Z32 trans?

Geovannie
09-15-2005, 07:22 PM
What are the strength differences between z32 nt and tt?

BlackBomber
09-15-2005, 07:53 PM

it is rumored in this thread that there are some extra syncros in the tt tranny but then some say they are exactly the same.

OrangeCrush
09-15-2005, 09:33 PM
This is [censored] awsome. My 240 gets the best of everything so even if all this does work out to something like $1000 I'll come running with money in hand. This is a break-through, prepare to get PAID! $1000 is a hell of alot cheap then an HKS tranny or OS Giken gears.

hybridynamics
09-15-2005, 10:09 PM
our one employee blew out the tranny in his Z32. i'm just hoping with the decrease in weight it will hold up well in the 240 chassis.

on a side not, i had to pull an all nighter replacing the tranny in our stock block car so he could leave for the nopi show...i pulled the drain plug and a mound of teeth from third gear just fell out of the tranny. the stock tranny isn't liking 570whp too much http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Angel
09-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Question; Im guessing the SR clutch/flywheel work with the Z32 trans?

It will, I am using an RPS as can be seen in the pics. The shift fork and tob are so close as to be effectively identical and since he machines it to sit at the proper depth, the it really isn't much more involved than removing the tranny and reinstalling. Hell a clutch change would be more challenging.

Angel
09-16-2005, 08:15 AM
our one employee blew out the tranny in his Z32. i'm just hoping with the decrease in weight it will hold up well in the 240 chassis.

on a side not, i had to pull an all nighter replacing the tranny in our stock block car so he could leave for the nopi show...i pulled the drain plug and a mound of teeth from third gear just fell out of the tranny. the stock tranny isn't liking 570whp too much http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

How much power was this Z making? And to be sure the weight makes a huge difference..... not to mention that the sr for a given hp level will be way down on tq as compared to the z32 v6 and tq is what really does it.

Angel
09-16-2005, 08:23 AM
[/QUOTE]I watched ryan woon click of a 8.90 this past weekend in vegas.. that was pretty impressive.

anyway, mark..Yes.. I agree, although Ive yet to break a tranny, I have broken a driveshaft, a few clutches, and am pretty much terrfied of making 7xxwhp and flinging tranny parts all over the track on my first 7500rpm launch.

if nothing else, the security of having a beefier trans will go a long way in my book. not to mention the fact that if a 1 peice driveshaft is included, there is one more part i wont have to worry about destroying at the line.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for three posts when I could have done it in one.... I am lazy like that and I was responding or commenting as I saw them.

But yeah, Ryan can drive. Good to see that he is running harder and harder. Supras are just amazing, 9's, 8's, 7's even 6's out of factory blocks is incredible. God I miss mine and hate all that transpired to get me out of that whole scene. But I digress.... back to the topic at hand.

Yeah I hear you. I don't think you'd be able to launch effectively even once with an sr trans with that kind of power. Hopefully 1.4 short times, low nine's and plenty of them will be your's once you have your setup done and dialed in.

kovert
09-16-2005, 09:34 AM
I watched ryan woon click of a 8.90 this past weekend in vegas.. that was pretty impressive.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for three posts when I could have done it in one.... I am lazy like that and I was responding or commenting as I saw them.

But yeah, Ryan can drive. Good to see that he is running harder and harder. Supras are just amazing, 9's, 8's, 7's even 6's out of factory blocks is incredible. God I miss mine and hate all that transpired to get me out of that whole scene. But I digress.... back to the topic at hand.

Yeah I hear you. I don't think you'd be able to launch effectively even once with an sr trans with that kind of power. Hopefully 1.4 short times, low nine's and plenty of them will be your's once you have your setup done and dialed in.

[/QUOTE]I agree 100%; this is a huge breakthrough for sr guys. As far as running low nines..It will take some time, but I think its possible.

Kjetil
09-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Is this possible to get shipped overseas ? To Norway to be more specific ? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

faljukin
09-16-2005, 12:20 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]Als antwoord op:</font><hr />
Is this possible to get shipped overseas ? To Norway to be more specific ? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/QUOTE]

Good question. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Angel
09-16-2005, 12:31 PM

No, you to are just going to have to move over here http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can ask the man about it, but I would venture a guess and say probably...

TS4l
09-16-2005, 12:47 PM
This is an exciting step for the SR world, good work to all involved.

S14Redtop
09-16-2005, 01:40 PM

it is rumored in this thread that there are some extra syncros in the tt tranny but then some say they are exactly the same.

it's not the TT trans that has the dual synchros..it's just the 94 and UP trannies. that's why they're so much more $$$.
Yes the SR flywheel and clutch bolt up to the trans.

mark

S14Redtop
09-18-2005, 09:07 PM
kits will hopefully be ready to start rolling out by the end of this month...early next month!

mark

ada180sx
09-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I to am tired of blowing 3 tranies a season and cringing every time I shift from 2nd to 3rd. But is anyone making close ratio gear sets for the Z tranny?

Drag_S13
09-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Depending on my $$$ situation, I may be ready for one of these as soon as they are available.

Kjetil
09-19-2005, 02:20 PM

No, you to are just going to have to move over here http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can ask the man about it, but I would venture a guess and say probably...

Well shouldnt be a problem for him, if i pay for the freight all he has to do is write another address on the box http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S14Redtop
09-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey Angel...just wondering if you got a chance to take the setup to the track this weekend.

Can't wait to hear about it. If not...still would like to get feedback to see if any issues have come up

thanks
mark

Angel
09-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Hey Angel...just wondering if you got a chance to take the setup to the track this weekend.

Can't wait to hear about it. If not...still would like to get feedback to see if any issues have come up

thanks
mark

Unfortunately I haven't. Between work and the weather it just hasn't been possible yet. I am trying again tonight ( wed. and fri. are test and tunes nights here ) but the weather doesn't look like it will cooperate... it's raining right now. I am hoping that it will stop raining, clear up, stay cool and have everyone stay away due to the earlier rain so I can have the track to myself.

But I still only have positives to report, in fact it's getting better with time because I am growing accustomed to the different feel of the z32 tranny. Still beating on it everywhere and loving it. Get in line folks 'cause you will absolutely love this setup.

Structure240sx
09-21-2005, 10:34 AM
ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka ka, pleasssssse

Angel
09-22-2005, 10:04 AM
I'll ask Mark ( other one ) about the possiblity of a ka kit. Should be simple as the only change would be to the adaptor plate methinks.

Never made it to the track last night as the rain just kept coming all day http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif Will try again manana.

Angel
09-22-2005, 10:07 AM
sorry, double post

Drumfunken
09-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Hopefully one day it will stop raining here and we'll get you to the track angel!!!! I just want to see you drive!

Turbopowr
09-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Angel can't drive.

He only ran low 10's in a Supra, and only ran Mid 9's in a Honda back when they weren't a dime a dozen http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Angel
09-29-2005, 08:21 AM
I know. I am hoping for cooperative weather on friday, if not then a trip to bradenton on sat might be in order.

Hector, it's been so long since I've driven anything quick that my slow **** is actually starting to feel fast http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll proably be a little rusty, plus I've never driven an s chassis car at the track.... this is my first one and I have been scared to break it http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Angel
10-01-2005, 12:38 AM
fawking double post.... sorry

Angel
10-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Just got in from the track. Made 4 runs of which only one is really worth mentioning. 3rd pass of the night was an 11.810 @ 115.01 with a 1.625 60'. Unfortunately my clutch didn't fully cooperate, having given up on the first run that also saw boost go to 26.77 psi on pump gas when the wastegate line poppped off. YIKES! Car seemed ok miraculously, but I was somewhat timid on the launch and the boost level after that. Seemed to come together on that 3rd ok, but I think there's more in it http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways on to the relevant part... The tranny performed flawlessly. As you can see I came out pretty hard on the one run and on the second and fourth runs I actually just smoked those same sticky 235/60/15 MT drag radials, so the tranny was getting hit hard as were the driiveshafts and mount. I did not powershift but I did shift quite hard. Not so much as a hiccup, couldn't ask for anything more short of maybe a sequential box.

I like it and I want one of my own http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif

Geovannie
10-02-2005, 02:03 AM
Angel you are making me look bad. Stop it. Better yet come drive my car tomorrow at Funday Sunday?

That's sick, when I heard about it I could not believe it. Truly awesome. Can you post the details and maybe the other runs? Looks like tranny is working beautifully.

Angel
10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Angel you are making me look bad. Stop it. Better yet come drive my car tomorrow at Funday Sunday?

That's sick, when I heard about it I could not believe it. Truly awesome. Can you post the details and maybe the other runs? Looks like tranny is working beautifully.

Sorry Geo, just saw this today. Should have called me, I would have gladly come out and taken a few passes. I am happy with the way the car launched... just need more power....

I'll try and scan the timeslip so you can see the breakdown.

Geovannie
10-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah Funday Sunday didn't work out. Got there at 9am, left at 4pm with not one run in. I will be there Wednesday.

cwdmark
10-03-2005, 09:41 AM
angel, why don't you drive the car up to cleveland, swap tranny's with mark, then take my car down the track and run a 10? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Angel
10-03-2005, 10:24 AM
angel, why don't you drive the car up to cleveland, swap tranny's with mark, then take my car down the track and run a 10? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's on !! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif when do we do it.....

Society_Mike
10-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Angle wrote:How have the other forums responded? I know zilvian's interest didn't last too long.

Well, people at ZipTied are very interested.
Especially me! I just broke my 5th mission in my S14 at circuit saturday. I'm sick of it breaking 3rd gear.
I now have 5 S14 SR missions with broken 3rd gear. 1st it was the twin plates I think that hurt it, thenit was the 400hp, but now I think it's just my hard driving. Clutch kicking 3rd isn't being nice to SR missions.

I would buy this kit if it was available for sure. I can get RB25 missions all day long for cheap, but I can't get custom driveshafts and I know NOBODY who can overhaul a mission.

~Mike

shoes59
10-04-2005, 07:30 AM
I now have 5 S14 SR missions with broken 3rd gear.

Care to sell me a bellhousing? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Fireplug
10-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Available yet?

Drag_S13
10-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Available yet?

I'll have cash in hand along with a core very soon http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cwdmark
10-04-2005, 06:25 PM
mark's been out of the country, i think he'll be back in this weekend.

Angel
10-05-2005, 08:26 AM
mark's been out of the country, i think he'll be back in this weekend.

At that point we can try to nail him down on the projected production time, ka availability and whatever other relevant questions you guys might have. So ask away.

nismodave
10-05-2005, 09:28 PM
I want one!!!!!

So will my SR clutch and flywheel work wit this setup or do I need to change that too?

cwdmark
10-06-2005, 07:55 AM
the whole purpose of this swap was to retain sr flywheel/clutch http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Angel
10-06-2005, 07:58 AM
I want one!!!!!

So will my SR clutch and flywheel work wit this setup or do I need to change that too?

No need to change the SR clutch and flywheel as it was designed to retain those.

S14Redtop
10-06-2005, 02:39 PM
&lt;hey all..just got a quick sec to check the forum since &lt;i am currently in &lt;italy. Sorry about the weird formatting..but these italan keyboards suck. Anyway..i also cannot wait to get back to the states to talk to &lt;mazworks..but iàm sure things are coming along well. &lt;i get back this weekend so will call him monday.ù

anyway..iàm glad the interest is still strong.

oh by the way..the Ferrari Factory and Fiorano test track are sweet! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

greetings from italy
mark

alex_kors
10-06-2005, 03:08 PM
put this thing into production already, in like 3 weeks i want one!!

PhatBob
10-08-2005, 06:00 AM
I PM'ed this, but I'm not sure it actually got sent...
I've been putting this thread around on some of the UK forums, and I reckon we'll put in an order for 3-5.
What would the kit cost if you left us to modify the driveshaft and bellhousing?

Rob

evil510
10-09-2005, 08:34 PM
So is this Z32 tranny a T5 type?
Or is the SR tranny a T5 type?

asad
10-10-2005, 06:07 AM
So is this Z32 tranny a T5 type?
Or is the SR tranny a T5 type?

Neither. The Z32 trans is an FS5R30A, the SR/KA trans is an FS5W71C.

Asad

S14Redtop
10-10-2005, 11:07 AM
I PM'ed this, but I'm not sure it actually got sent...
I've been putting this thread around on some of the UK forums, and I reckon we'll put in an order for 3-5.
What would the kit cost if you left us to modify the driveshaft and bellhousing?

Rob

hey..yea i actually just got the PM..but I'll have to ask Mark from Mazworx about breaking up the kit like that.

Also..i will talk to him today to try to get an eta about when the first batch will be ready to ship.

thanks
mark

PhatBob
10-11-2005, 08:51 AM
hey..yea i actually just got the PM..but I'll have to ask Mark from Mazworx about breaking up the kit like that.

Also..i will talk to him today to try to get an eta about when the first batch will be ready to ship.

If we can get a broken down kit I reckon we'll be looking at buying 5. Although I'd like to get the complete setup from you I can't see a more cost effective way of getting it across the Atlantic!

Rob

S14Redtop
10-11-2005, 07:15 PM
OK..jsut talked with Mazworx a bit ago and Mark said the kits should be ready to go by the end of this month.

As for you KA guys out there...we were discussing a possible mount for your swaps as well and it should be feasible. Still in the design phase..but look for this sometime soon.

mark

sw20racer
10-12-2005, 04:23 AM
you can chalk up another one interested in a ka kit

sw20racer
10-13-2005, 07:55 PM
any news on the release of the ka kit yet?

SR_S14Zenki
10-14-2005, 12:05 AM
any news on the release of the ka kit yet?

chill out mang...let him get the SR kit released and sold before pressuring him...he said hes gonna check on it and hes been good about getting back to us...

sw20racer
10-14-2005, 12:56 PM
chill essay i was under the impression the sr kit was already released i only asked a simple question. nothing in my manner was pressing or needy i can wait its no big deal i have other things i need to do first i was just curious. if i came off as some impatient jackass i apologize nothing was meant by it