PDA

View Full Version : Expert advice wanted on my KAT w/MAP basemap

Miami240
08-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I finally got an AEM EMS...i want to start using a MAP sensor but the ignition base map was pretty off. So i adjusted some things here and there and would like some advice as to if i'm going in the right direction. This is no where near perfect.. i just need something to work off of when i finally hit the dyno. Later on i'll spread out the rpm values to increase the useful resolution. Please give me your opinions. Anything will be very helpful right now.

http://home.comcast.net/~abaez63/basemap.JPG

tErbobOOst
08-09-2005, 12:06 PM
that is a pretty good start. how much boost, what turbo, injectors, ect?

Miami240
08-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Custom turbo and intake manifolds
full-race t3/t67 H.O. turbo
looking for a set of 750-850cc injectors
....but to start off with i'm goign to use the 370's that are in right now and 8psi to get it setup right..... hopefully the injectors don't lean out.

CA19DET
08-10-2005, 09:40 AM
8 psi on 370's may be dangerous if soemhting goes wrong, why not jsut buy a used set of 550 or something off ebay for now and save up for some new 720's??

CA19DET
08-10-2005, 09:43 AM
there is a usefull post in the best of 240sx archive, look for the post on ignition timing, and read Scott's posts, the entire thread is VERY usefull and informative..

Miami240
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, buying a set of 750's is going to be just about the same price..... i'm going with some top feeds for which i already have the rail and FPR. To tell you the truth... i'm not really going to push the car at all with the 370's. It's just to make sure everything is working right. Mostly my intake manifold. I'm taking a different approach to hooking up the iacv and want to have as many constants as possible. As it is, i'm already using a different turbo, manifold, dp, exhaust, i/c piping, i/c, bov, intake manifold. So once it cranks up, drive it around, pressure test it, and make sure everything seems to be working fine, then i'll dive into the wiring in map sensor, fuel rail with injectors, and setting up the aem.

And regarding the tuning posts, i've gone through them. This is how i somewhat modeled that map. 27 degrees total timing upto about 3psi then start retarding timing. Total of about 16-17psi into 15psi. Trying to stay somewhat conservative but smoother than JWT.....to start off with at least http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif If i go by Scott's advice, 27 degrees upto 3psi then start retarding .85* per psi after that. So from 3 to 15psi is a difference of 12psi * .85 = 10.2* of retard. So 27* - 10.2* = 16.8*... which is where i'm just about at. Hopefully i'm understanding this right. Once i'm on the dyno, i'll be logging everything and going up in 500 rpm increments monitoring knock adjusting timing and fuel as i go.