PDA

View Full Version : Installed AEM EMS, and now hte IACV doesnt work.

Ovrated
08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
so i blew my motor.

so i fully built it, and bought the aem ems.

after the full build, i broke the motor in on stock ecu, just so i could get it running, before i upgraded to my new injectors and such.

well the IACV worked fine before. start teh car, the idle goes up, and everything works great. car ran smooth for having 272's in it.

so i install the 1601 AEM EMS. with the map and AIT conversion. and now the IACV doesnt work. its not getting any voltage. and i did clean it before i installed it on my greddy intake manifold.

i did some seraching and i foudn someone else posted this as the wiring for the IACV

From the 4 pin IACV plug the 4 wires are
black/yellow st. - IACV power
light blue - ecu input
blue/green st. - ac relay
blue/red st - AC feed from ecu

so shoudl i just run a new power wire to the iacv, or send the ems back to aem to have it tested?

i checked the pinout and i have no voltage at the wire at the ecu either

steve shadows
08-10-2005, 04:13 PM
I hate aem

ok ok I guess that is kind of strong terms, I actually have not used it before personally so I guess I have no right.

I would just slap a new IACV.

I doubt its Aem's fault, may have just gone bad.

Its a 15 yr old IACV in many cases.

ItzGenX
08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah, but he specifically pointed out that there is no voltage coming out from the wire from the ecu that is supposed to feed the IACV. Why ditch the IACV when you know it isn't working because of no voltage getting to it.

Try giving it a seperate 12v power source that stays on during cranking and see how it goes. If it works, then have a word with AEM and see if they can tell you why the unit isn't sending voltage through that wire.

Ovrated
08-11-2005, 12:33 PM
what wire woudl stay on during craking... any ideas?

Ovrated
08-13-2005, 02:54 PM
TTT