PDA

View Full Version : SR problems

titan83642
08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I have a 90 240 with a stock sr20det redtop. Ever since I got it running it has been running very rich. The idle used to vary between 900-1200, then 500-700, now it doesnt idle. The smoke is very black. When I unplug the maf or 02 sensor it doesn't change it at all. Just recently my EGI relay clicks when I shut the car off, and the injectors still click. I can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

MrWright
08-11-2005, 10:41 AM
The idle could be the related to the IACV, which may need cleaned or a new one.Also how dirty is your throttle body? Try some cleaners around the butterfly.

Have you checked for any codes on the ECU? If not, do so.

titan83642
08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Actually I just found out I have the pulsar gtir ecu.??

SRFiveTen
08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Actually I just found out I have the pulsar gtir ecu.??

actually, you knew you had a non-rwd ecu.
08/10/05 04:41pm you wrote:

Hey, this is my ecu number and what you said about it.
23710 54C00 aug'90~aug'93 n14 gti-r sr20det
Will it work for a rwd redtop? I had it in my car and it ran but barely. It was running so rich that it barely worked. I was wondering if this is the wrong ecu. Do the pins line up with the right harness wires? I got a ecu pinout diagram but the colors didn't match up with my harness colors. Help would greatly be appreciated.

08/11/05 12:10am i wrote back:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23710 54C00 aug'90~aug'93 n14 gti-r sr20det
Will it work for a rwd redtop?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no

Quote:

I was wondering if this is the wrong ecu.

yes

i was tempted to mention on this thread last night, but i let it be to see who might step up and offer some suggestions, not that any one would have solved the problem as you left out the ecu info.

you could have searched for the difference between a redtop sr20det and gti-r sr20det, rationally figured out that the ecu wouldn't be suitable, yet you had to ask.

you don't acknowledge nor appreciate sources of information. not even a thank you note to those who offer you help.
sure you might be pissed about getting screwed with the ecu, but that's between you and the seller.

do i give a sh!t? not really, just wanted to shine another beam of light upon you and your messed up way.

mr.wright, keep that d.t.c. suggestion coming.

titan83642
08-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry but I copied that from a different forum that I posted on earlier, I didn't realize it didn't mention anything about the ecu. I have been searching for weeks and couldn't figure it out. I'm sorry, I guess I wont ask you for help. If you didn't feel like answering my question, you didn't have to. I've been searching pretty much non stop and I though you would know so I was just asking for help, It was a lot faster and easier than searching again. If you didn't read it I said any help would be appreciated. I'm sorry if you felt unappreciated but I lose track of who helped me or who I thanked because I have been working on this for a long time. Thank you, you helped out a lot and I appreciate it, but you don't have to be a [censored] about it.