PDA

View Full Version : question on suspension correction

killjoy
08-18-2005, 09:26 AM
So me and Steve finished the complete rear swappage needed. 300zx spindles, 300zx lsd, and rear 300zx calipers and steel braided lines. Also put in my 300zx rear agx's so they match to the spindle with rsr down springs.

Now heres the question. I didn't know about the conical seat thing that goes on the ball joint since I didn't read the right sites like a dumbass so i made spacers instead. Along with the lowering springs the cars camber is way wacky as suspected with any decent drop. However along with the wheels tiliting in at the top they also tilt outward on the front like

I-------I -front wheels

\-------/ -back wheels

My question is if I change the Rucas, toe rods, and put the correct conical seat part in that I ordered will that be enough to correct it? Not sure if it sits as is because of the spacer or because of 300zx spindles or what. On my last 240 the rucas and toe rods were enough but I didn't have this wacky outward ness.

Responses appreciated.

BTW, I have to say I don't recommend the z32 rear calipers. Besides looking cool, I would not be able to justify it again with the amount of work involved, but I am sure others will disagree with me.

fsae_alum
08-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Rear adjustable toe links will for sure take care of that problem!! There MIGHT be a little adjustement from the factory for rear, but IIRC, it might be achieved through an eccentric bushing. For sure adjustable rear toe rods would fix this. You're banking it man...spend the dough. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

killjoy
08-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Just wanted to make sure. Why do people ever need to adjust the traction rods?

fsae_alum
08-18-2005, 09:43 AM
To adjust rear toe silly wabbit.... Adjusting rear toe can dramatically change the way your car behaves when coming on power.

Hey man....don't take my word as gospel and go out and buy rear traction rods right away. Being that I have never done the 300ZX rear swap, I don't know how it's suppossed to look when it's all said and done. It very well be that using the conocal seat would fix things (I don't see how but maybe). Wait until somebody else chimes in.

Get back to work.

killjoy
08-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, i don't wanna buy the traction rods and agree with you anyways. Just want to get lots of input.

AND CHANGE YOUR DAMN LOCATION MOFO! LOL.

RDM_II
08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Just wanted to make sure. Why do people ever need to adjust the traction rods?

Traction rods adjust bumpsteer.

Blurple240
08-18-2005, 05:15 PM

Then why aren't they called bumpsteer rods, Mr. Smarty Pants? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/rolleyes1.gif

fsae_alum
08-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Page 524 of the Adobe S13 Manual should help you out some. This is page 7 of the RA section.

Enjoy!

RDM_II
08-19-2005, 09:14 AM

Then why aren't they called bumpsteer rods, Mr. Smarty Pants? http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/rolleyes1.gif

Because increased bumpsteer forces a loss of traction.

killjoy
08-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Still saying that I'm from San Antonio just to piss off Killjoy!

Thanks Money.