PDA

View Full Version : Yet ANOTHER accident in my s13

24Dee
01-19-2002, 07:26 AM
Well last night marked the third accident for me. The other two i was completely imbursed but I had to give my father the money to get his mazda's engine rebuilt. Anyways (I was in a parking lot no traffic sings at all)some guy railed my rear left quater panel sending me into almost a complete 180. The other two accidents I was fine but after this one, my lower back is giving me problems. What really gets to me though is as soon as this guy hit me .. he jumps out of his car and starts yelling at me telling ME i was speeding. No. "are you ok" or anythign like that.. just jesus christ how fast were you going?? hmmm.. this guy is a jerk..
My question is. I already had damamge to both rear quater panels. Neither were repaired however all insurance knows it that the check was cashed.. Will insurance bust my @alls over this.. or should i tell them the quater panel was repaired and this was the extent of the damage.? I know for sure the car will be considered totalled if so. The whole left side is wrecked, my trunk won't open, my rear bumper is completely bent out of shape, light fixture is still intact, the muffler is damaged, and there's damage to the wheel well as well as the rim. My stereo isn't working right either, I pray my subs and amp are ok (combined the system costs more than the car!)

**DONOTDELETE**
01-19-2002, 10:10 AM
Did the cops come to the accident, I know you said it was in a parking lot. If so, whose fault was it? The insurance company probably won't say anything about the previous not being fixed, especially if there is no lien on the car. If it's totalled out, take the $ and put a down payment on a newer one with no dents! http://www.freshalloy.com/

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: quickshift ]

twofortysx
01-19-2002, 11:39 AM
First off, once the insurance company cuts you a check, they don't care what you do with the money. All they know is that they are no longer liable for the accident.

It is likely that they will have photos of the previous damage, and someone might get curious about previous damage when you report it. If you're trying to fraud them and they catch you, you will be screwed in more ways than one, trust me.

In addition, regardless of your speed in this particular accident this other guy is at fault. If he pulled out and hit your rear quarter panel, it shouldn't matter how fast you were going or anything. He hit you and there is no physically possible way you could've hit him.

So **** that guy. Make sure his insurance company knows that you know you have a year to settle your claim (BTW: this is CA law I'm not sure about your state) and that he is fully responsible for your accident.

Get a rental car while yours is in the shop. He can't drive, why should you not be able to as a result?

Whatever you do, don't try to take the ins company though because you won't be the first, and you won't be the last but you'll probably get caught.

- Matt

BioSehnsucht
01-20-2002, 12:50 AM
Don't lie to the insurance company, but do indicate that while previously it was dinged up, now its much worse (That is what you were saying right?) to the point of not opening rear etc.. and that now the stereo doesn't work, and of cousre, don't forget the back pain! If you're really hurt, get their insurance to cover getting you really fixed. Or you could be an evil bastard and get a shark to get you obscene money for the back thing http://www.freshalloy.com/

edit: Oh and if he spun you around, he must have been moving pretty damned fast himself.. how's he blaming you for speeding? geez.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: BioSehnsucht ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-20-2002, 12:55 AM
if you really have pain, do***ent it and go to doctors. You wont get a lot out of the insurance money for your pain they try to settle quick and cheaply, but be honest, say that it was damaged, but no where near the extent....only answer questions, dont offer free information....your car will be totalled from the sound of it, so they'll be trying to give you next to nothing for the car anyway....you better be ready to fight for the money by showing them local ads for s13's and how much they go for locally and not some BS about wholesale price they try to use